How Many Surprises Can One PTR Hold!?! (Updated 01/29) Almost There!!!

Oliquig

Mouseketeer
Hi all, my name is Rachel and I'm pretty sure this officially makes me a Disney nerd. I'm okay with that.

I am pretty much a lurker, but with all the surprises I'm holding back from my fellow travelers, I need an outlet, and right now my co-workers are about ready to pitch me out the window. I hope people read and unlike myself, I hope they comment!

I'll start this off with the who:

100_1484.jpg

Me. Well me with different hair, which is actually a long story involving chemotherapy. Yep last year was spent filled with cancer treatments, so its totally shocking that I am looking forward to an awesome Disney trip.

Next is:

DSCN0123.jpg

My BFF Nina and her daughter Noelle (the one on the right.) This was at a Girl Scout roller skating party, the girl on the left is Noelle's best friend, who can't come :sad2: because she and her mom are going on a mission trip to Ghana next summer, which is expensive!

So that is it for who, a smaller amount than I've ever travelled with before to Disney, but sure to be fun. :banana:

Next up: When (And my ticker is off by a few days, so ignore it and its timely goodness :rolleyes1)

So when will this trip take place?

Well there's a bit of a back story there. First we were supposed to go with a whole bunch of friends and rent a house Feb 4 - Feb 11 2012. But bit by bit people dropped out for various reasons, including my own parents. Just because they were given the gift of a free cruise! How rude!

So all of a sudden staying on property seemed a lot more economical for three people. And a change of dates to 1/31-2/8 meant better airfare, since we would be travelling on weekdays. If you counted you notice we managed to use a little Disney math and add a extra day.

So the question was where will we stay?

Well we aren't the "Disney World every year" type of people, so I haven't stayed on property since Magical Music Days back when ASMu was brand new and Nina and Noelle have never stayed on property. So there was a lot to consider. So while I am thinking about it I will distract you with one of my favorite photos from last time!

PS Notice the flip flops I am wearing? I got them at the parks, they had a little Mickey Head on the strap, and when I got home I had a Mickey head tan line on my foot. Awesomest thing ever!

image190.jpg

Look at Noelle, she is so tiny, and I am quite blond, in 2007. At Typhoon Lagoon, where we got a Magical Memory of a free locker, towels, mugs, and a money holder. Unfortunately we won't be going this time as a February trip with a median temp of 71 is just a little too cool for a water park, even for a New Englander!

Stay tuned for our resort pick!

Hi all, my name is Rachel and I'm pretty sure this officially makes me a Disney nerd. I'm okay with that.

I am pretty much a lurker, but with all the surprises I'm holding back from my fellow travelers, I need an outlet, and right now my co-workers are about ready to pitch me out the window. I hope people read and unlike myself, I hope they comment!

I'll start this off with the who:

100_1484.jpg

Me. Well me with different hair, which is actually a long story involving chemotherapy. Yep last year was spent filled with cancer treatments, so its totally shocking that I am looking forward to an awesome Disney trip.

Next is:

DSCN0123.jpg

My BFF Nina and her daughter Noelle (the one on the right.) This was at a Girl Scout roller skating party, the girl on the left is Noelle's best friend, who can't come :sad2: because she and her mom are going on a mission trip to Ghana next summer, which is expensive!

So that is it for who, a smaller amount than I've ever travelled with before to Disney, but sure to be fun. :banana:

Next up: When (And my ticker is off by a few days, so ignore it and its timely goodness :rolleyes1)

So when will this trip take place?

Well there's a bit of a back story there. First we were supposed to go with a whole bunch of friends and rent a house Feb 4 - Feb 11 2012. But bit by bit people dropped out for various reasons, including my own parents. Just because they were given the gift of a free cruise! How rude!

So all of a sudden staying on property seemed a lot more economical for three people. And a change of dates to 1/31-2/8 meant better airfare, since we would be travelling on weekdays. If you counted you notice we managed to use a little Disney math and add a extra day.

So the question was where will we stay?

Well we aren't the "Disney World every year" type of people, so I haven't stayed on property since Magical Music Days back when ASMu was brand new and Nina and Noelle have never stayed on property. So there was a lot to consider. So while I am thinking about it I will distract you with one of my favorite photos from last time!

PS Notice the flip flops I am wearing? I got them at the parks, they had a little Mickey Head on the strap, and when I got home I had a Mickey head tan line on my foot. Awesomest thing ever!

image190.jpg

Look at Noelle, she is so tiny, and I am quite blond, in 2007. At Typhoon Lagoon, where we got a Magical Memory of a free locker, towels, mugs, and a money holder. Unfortunately we won't be going this time as a February trip with a median temp of 71 is just a little too cool for a water park, even for a New Englander!

Stay tuned for our resort pick!

1 - Hooray for being a Disney Nerd! You're in good company here! :goodvibes

2 - Wow, chemo... I'm glad to hear that you're well enough to be planning this trip. That's great. I hope you stay happy and healthy.

3 - I love that you added on an extra day when you rescheduled your trip. That's the way to do it!! :thumbsup2 I had a trip planned in January for 3 days with my mom. Our flight was cancelled due to snow and we had to cancel the whole trip. When we rescheduled, we booked 6 days instead. ;) There's nothing like Disney math! :rotfl:

4 - Looking forward to hearing where you'll be staying.

Haha a Mickey tan line? Sounds wayyy better than the wide stark white stripes I have on my feet right now. Stupid Birkenstocks.

Joining in!!!! :yay:

I'm very glad to hear that you are feeling well and planning a Disney trip! It definitely sounds like one is in order after your past year! :hug:

Also, a Mickey tan line sounds like the best kind of tan line there is! :thumbsup2

Yes the Mickey head tan lines were pretty awesome!

I need to explain that my BFF, her daughter Noelle, and myself share a house in CT. Nina is a single mom and working as a hairstylist means late nights, so me as a 9-5 er (well really 7-4) works out for childcare. Any-who moving on with the plans.

I did mention that there were surprises, yes? Well the biggest is Noelle knows nothing about this trip. Absolutely nothing. She loves Disney (Phinaes & Ferb's new movies is being watched as I type) and will flip out. Her dream is to spend her birthday at WDW, but since she was born on December 26th, I told her she can have fun doing that when she's a grown up. Love her to death but the crowds would kill me.

I'm pretty sure she will be happy enough with any trip, so we'll be okay. She will find out Christmas morning, and it will of course be taped. I'm thinking of borrowing a defibrilator from work just in case. We're still working on how to surprise her, so I'll fill you in when we decide. Plus if I can figure out how i'll post it here.

This weekend is pretty busy, my uncle's 50th surprise birthday party is today, and tomorrow Noelle goes to MA for a week at Girl Scout camp. Which means I've spent the morning labling clothing and camping supplies. Such fun.

After we drop her off there will be time to do a major project for the disney trip!!! A super fun project that is going to be another surprise! I will post pictures of it I promise. Plus I will continue with where we are staying.

Hey Rachel! Joining in! :thumbsup2
Sounds like you deserve a Disney trip after dealing with chemo! And this will be an amazing surprise for Noelle! What kid wouldn't love a trip to WDW? I can't wait to read about her reaction on Christmas morning! :santa:
Good start, and I can't wait to hear more about the trip planning!

Its pouring here in CT so I'm so happy that we get to pack up Nina's car and drive into the woods to drop Noelle off at camp.

To off set the annoyance I will share with you purchases made so far:

DSCN0270.jpg

Joann's had these T-shirts that can be colored in with fabric markers, they also had one with princesses and one with Toy Story/Cars characters. I figure it will give her something to do, plus we can bring it to have characters sign.

DSCN0271.jpg

This was a disney store purchase when they were have a clearance sale. I believe it was $13 with the personalization. Too good a deal to pass up.

The next two aren't purchases per se, but instead redeemed from my Disney Movie Rewards account:

DSCN0272.jpg

Is that a P&F baseball cap? Why yes, yes it is.

DSCN0274.jpg

For anyone with a girl in the tween set, you will recognize the Disney version of a pillow pet, the deriguer accessory for sleepovers here in my neighborhood.

Lots of stuff is planned for this week since Noelle won't be here, and since I'll miss her here is a photo:

photo-1.jpg

She is holding two of our pets, the only two who are named after Disney characters! Does anyone want to guess what the ferrets are called? Hmmm...Bueller? Bueller?

It cleared up after all, so delivery of the child went well. I'm still working on my Disney project, pictures to follow!

Sorry! They are boy/girl, brother and sister actually, but the characters they are named for aren't siblings.

I will go with Simba & Nala.

By the way, the lighter one has the same coloring my ferret had :goodvibes

HeathSF is correct the ferrets names are Simba and Nala.

And finally I can share the photos of my weekend project:
Nina's
DSCN0280.jpg

Noelle's
DSCN0279.jpg

Mine
DSCN0278.jpg

Mickey Head Tie Dyes! I actually made our three, three for friends who leave today, three regular tie dye shirts, and a bag. My hands were pink, even with gloves.

I promise next time to get back to the plans, I am enjoying reading about everyone else's plans!

PS I have no idea why they are different sizes.:headache:

So I was hemming and hawing about where to stay, one of the All-Stars, Pop, or punch it up to a mod? I stayed at ASMu once upon a time during MMD back in 1995, so I didn't really want a repeat on the only place I've stayed before, but did I really want to spend the money on a Mod. Back and forth, back and forth, I couldn't make up my mind.

Then there were rumors. Many, many internet rumors about free dining. Rumors that the free dining would include our dates. So I did some more Disney math. Staying at a value, there wasn't much of a chance of a big room-only discount, plus we don't go often enough to get a special pin or code.

Now let me explain my schedule. I live on the East Coast, so 7AM Disney-time is 7AM my time. Awesome right?

Now ask me where I am at 7AM.

What was that? Where am I at 7AM? Oh, that would be driving to work.

Now if I had heard about the promotion earlier, I could have put in to come in later, but I didn't, so I couldn't.

No problem, I'll go into work, check the Dis boards, see if its true, and then just call.

Hmmm. Where did the Dis boards go? Did we kill it?

Finally I manage to get to a page that seems to have people having got through and booked, prompts me to call.

Circuits are busy.Circuits are busy.Circuits are busy.Circuits are busy.Circuits are busy.Circuits are busy.Circuits are busy.Circuits are busy.Circuits are busy.Circuits are busy.Circuits are busy.Circuits are busy.Circuits are busy.Circuits are busy.Circuits are busy.Circuits are busy.Circuits are busy.Circuits are busy.Circuits are busy.Circuits are busy.Circuits are busy.

*magic wand sound* YEAH! "Current wait time is...45 minutes."

fine.

One hour and thirteen minutes later...

Ming (my lovely CM) assures me that yes free dining is available for my dates and books me for eight nights at....

Pop! Yes, newer than the ASMs, but cheaper than a mod. Best of both worlds, IMHO. Now Ming presents me with another dilema, do I do the QSDP, or do I upgrade to the regular plan.

Okay, okay not really a tough decision for me. When on vacation I do not want QS all the time, so upgrade it was.

So there you are, we will be staying at Pop for our surprised filled Disney vacation...or will we??? (Dun, dun, dun)

hey there! joining in. I'm a bit of a lurker on trip reports but just wanted to let you know that I'll be reading along;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter