• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many people will an inside stateroom really sleep?

kshilt

Earning My Ears
I am looking at scheduling our first Disney Cruise vacation but want to do so on a budget. We are a family of four with DS9 and DD5. When I input the entire family for the cruise I want, there are no inside staterooms available, only the verandah staterooms. If I input just two adults, the inside staterooms are available. The description says that these rooms sleep 3 or 4. Is there an explanation of why I can't book the inside stateroom with my family? Can I book it with two adults and add the kids later? Thanks for your help.

I am looking at scheduling our first Disney Cruise vacation but want to do so on a budget. We are a family of four with DS9 and DD5. When I input the entire family for the cruise I want, there are no inside staterooms available, only the verandah staterooms. If I input just two adults, the inside staterooms are available. The description says that these rooms sleep 3 or 4. Is there an explanation of why I can't book the inside stateroom with my family? Can I book it with two adults and add the kids later? Thanks for your help.

If you can't find an inside state room when you put in 4 people, it most likely means all the inside state rooms that are configured for 4 people are sold out. Unlike a hotel room, a cruise will not let you sleep more in the room that they have it designated for.

There are a few reasons.....first it could be that there are no staterooms left that can hold 4 OR the kids clubs are at their max therefore not allowing anymore children to be booked on that cruise OR the lifeboat station is already at it's max.

Since it will allow you add the kids for a verandah stateroom then it most likely is not the kids club scenario but probably no more inside staterooms that hold 4 are available.

Only thing you really can do is have a TA keep looking out for you for that cruise OR keep checking the DCL website around midnight as that is when it seems DCL releases cabins back into inventory from cancellations, etc. But keep checking all the time as you never know when one might pop up.

MJ

Thanks for the responses. If I book a verandah and an inside stateroom opens up later, can I switch to the cheaper room?

We've had an inside stateroom for our last 2 cruises and our two kids (6 and 10) slept very well on the couch bed and pull down bunk. The 11 day med cruise last year was so expensive that we figured it was worth saving the money on the room since 11 days of tips and excursions etc really made our onboard bill huge.
Just back from Alaska and while again the room was fine in terms of size and comfort it drove me nuts waking up and having no clue if it was night or day or when we docked I had to run up to deck 4 to see what kind of day it was before we knew what to wear etc. Our times were all messed up due to jet lag and a dark room didn't help us adjust.
When we rebooked for next year on the Fantasy and wanted an Oceanview we had to take 2 rooms just for the four of us. When I questioned it I was told that the ship was so full that they have to limit numbers on each deck and spread people out more to correspond with lifeboats etc. It's a bummer to have to pay for a second room we don't need but are hoping with cancellations etc we can change it sometime in the next year.

Just to add, we were told that switching is no problem but we would just have to be very determined and check every day for possible cancellations.

I just booked 2 connecting inside staterooms (each sleep max 3) for us, came out as same price as rooms with verendah but we get 2x room, bathroom, TVs and onboard credit :thumbsup2

Also it gives you more privacy, if the kids go to bed earlier or wake up early you can have your "own" room to relax.

make sure they connect. Some people don't if they are adjoining (no door in between) or even across the hall. I prefer connecting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter