How many people in family, how many tvs?

Family of 6 with 3 TV'S. One in the living room, one in the master bedroom which is used maybe twice a month if that and one in the room of my oldest two boys which is also rarely used. We generally watch everything as a family. The living is room is where we all spend the majority of our time.

My youngest does watch preschool shows during the day because he is home with me while I work until he starts preschool next year. My oldest three will maybe watch a half hour of tv a day. I originally got them a TV for their room a few years ago for their movies, but now they don't watch them anymore.

All TV's do have full cable, but the boys know what channels they are restricted to if they are in their room. I watch three hours of TV a week and that is always after the kids are in bed. I guess I am a mean mom. My boys are 9,8,6 and 4 and unless it is the weekend they are in bed at 8PM. There are never any arguments and they sleep all the way through the night so they must be tired. My oldest is allowed to stay up an hour later in his bed reading a book with his reading light which he chooses to do most nights.

family of 3 here. We have 3 tvs. Main tv in family room has all the bells and whistles.

Tv in my bedroom has direct tv access but we mainly use it to watch the news, tv as DH and i fall asleep, it's the designated 'sick room' and DVDs.

There is also a tv in the basement. it has no cable hook up and is only used for video game play and watching VHS and dvds.

DD11 would LOVE a tv in her room but as long as she lives with me she will never get one.

Lara

Family of four with 3 TVs:

Master bedroom
Family room
Basement (used for gaming)

(no TVs in DD15's or DS12's rooms--and there never will be)

Just my DH and I (and the cat). We have 2 (soon to be 3) TV's. I work for AT&T so we get U-verse for CHEAP. We have all the channels (including premium), DVR, internet, and phone for $64/month. :cool1:

40" 1080p in Living Room with Blu-Ray, Wii, and PS2.
22" in Office (doubles as computer monitor)
Soon to be ??" in bedroom

4 Computers (2 laptops, 2 desktops) All wireless

We are a techie family!

Family of 4. Technically we have 6 TVs. We have Comcast for cable; we have one cable box so the rest only get what is available without the box.

The main tv is in the family room, Xbox 360, Wii, Comcast cable box (on demand type).

We have a tv in our bedroom, which mainly is used by my DS when we are watching something he can't or doesn't want to or if one of us is sick and stuck in bed.

We have a small one in the kitchen, I like to listen/watch the news while I make dinner.

My DS has a small one in his room but usually he'll go in our room.

We have another in the basement that is mainly used for workout videos and the 6th one hasn't been turned on in years, it's one of those turn the know type ones....we just have to pay to have it disposed. It's just sitting in the office collecting dust LOL

Family of 3-- and we have 7 T.v.'s In all fairness though a couple of them are in guest bedrooms and only get used when we have company.

The others are : 1 in family room, big screen in basement media room, 1 in office, 1 in Master Bedroom, and 1 in Master bathroom.

We are a family of 4 and we have 6 tvs.

Master bedroom---full cable
DD9 bedroom -----no hook up, can't show anything but movies
DS5 bedroom -----no hook up, can't show anything but movies
Family room-------large and in charge, used mostly for sports and Wii
Family room-------smaller tv used for my shows when DH is watching sports
Living room--------nice tv but never used.

six people - four tvs. The big tv in our family room is hooked up to the direct tv. My three youngest children (10, 7,and 6) have a tv and dvd in their rooms. they don't watch it very often. We do however have 5 computers/laptops. We use them to watch movies on or catch up on shows using hulu.

We are a family of 6 - our children are 13, 10, 8 and 7. We have 2 T.V.s in our home, both of which have basic cable. The T.V. in our family room has a Wii connected to it. Our children are not allowed to have T.V. in their rooms.

Family of 6, one TV with cable. The arguments are minimal, because the girls enjoy much of the same programs. However, everyone has the use of a computer, so the kids tend to watch movies or the tv programs they like on the computer if they don't want to watch what the others are watching. DH and I aren't really big TV watchers either.

Our kids have never been big gamers - they didn't even seem to miss it when the Playstation died years ago, so we haven't made it a priority to replace it with another system. DD12 will play games on her DSi but that's about it for video gaming.

Edited to add:

Our children are 11, 17, 17, 19

Family of 5 & I'm embarrassed to say we have 8 TV's.

One in family room, one in each bedroom, one in DH's office & 2 in our refinished basement - a big flat screen & a flat screen behind the bar that DH "had to have" for sports! It had to feel like a real sports bar, hence the extra TV!

All have cable - 3 of them have DVR.

Interesting to read the different TV configurations in various households.

We are a family of 7 - dh and 1, 4 kids (ds15, ds14, dd9, dd5), and my mom. We have the following 4 TV's:

-grandma's suite -flat screen, cable, dvr, premium channels,etc
-family room - flat screen, cable, dvr, etc
-boys' room - old style with basic cable
-oldest dd's room - flat screen high school musical with basic cable

I am not a fan of TV's in the bedrooms. We have a newly built house, and when the basement is finished this summer we will move the TV's from the kids' bedrooms to the den and the playroom (where they had been in our previous home).

OP like you we found it necessary for our older boys to have a TV separate from our girls because there are things completely appropriate for them that is not for the girls.

We then eventually found that we the parents wanted our girls to have a separate TV because we wanted a break from kid programming at times and wanted a place the girls could watch while we enjoyed a grown up program. Truthfully the girls barely watch TV outside of the family room, but it is nice to have occasionally those breaks.

4 people, 5 tvs, one in playroom for movies only, rest have cable hookup....however.. only one is flat panel,lol, the smallest...-we need to do some updating, but that requires $

2 people, 2 TVs.

The big one downstairs is watched for maybe 2 hours int he evening.
The small one in the bedroom is on for at most 30 minutes a day.

We are really not big TV people. With 2 collies who crave attention, and our attampts at baby making, we just don't have time for tons of mindless TV watching.

4 people, two tvs - one in the family room, one in the master bedroom. No cable, but a Roku device so we can stream. XBox, Playstation 3 and Wii hooked up to the main TV (from which we can also stream, but its really easy with the Roku)

SEVEN computers though. Three iPhones (none for the kids), one Touch, two Nintendo DSes, several thousand books, a couple hundred DVDs, one portable DVD player.

Family of 5, with 5 TV's. 4 of the TVs have Dish DVR receivers.

Master bedroom - TV, DISH
Living room - BIG screen TV, DISH, Surround sound, Wii
DD15 and DD9 - each have a TV with DISH, DD15 has our old Gamecube system hooked up to her TV
DD6 - has a TV that is only set up for watching movies

My kids have always had TVs in their rooms, and it has always worked for us. They don't watch too much TV, and they are all great students, who have developed normally. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter