How many nights do you stay?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by mom18, Apr 29, 2013.

1. mom18

mom18 Mouseketeer

Was just curious to see what the average nights stay is for WDW vacation? This will be my 14th or 15th trip(can't quite remember), and my kids first (ages 7 & 2). This also is the first trip I have booked on my own, and as an adult. Sadly, its my first time back in 9 years! We are staying 11 nights, 12 days. This will be my longest ever. We have always stayed between 7 & 10 nights. It will be nice to have the extra day!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. rmgreenesq

rmgreenesq Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

The trip I have in the works for January 2014 is for 14 to 18 days.

4. HM

HM My tag from the Tag Fairy is now too long to use.

We are most likely to stay five- seven nights.

5. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Our stays are usually 8 nights 9 days, although we have done an 11 night 12 day stay before.

6. Blessedwithboys

Blessedwithboys Mouseketeer

Last time we stayed for 7 nights 8 days. This year we may stay the same or we may bump it up to 8 nights 9 days!! I would love to do a 10 dayer next June but my DH is just not so sure.

7. Cotillard

Cotillard Mouseketeer

3-10 nights :dance3:

8. benji2012

benji2012 Mouseketeer

We prefer to come more often for short periods of times. Our trips are usually for 2-5 days typically 3 times a year.

9. Zooshoveller

Zooshoveller WAR EAGLE

Last time: 2n/3d. Next time: 7n/8d

10. mom18

mom18 Mouseketeer

That's great!! Go for the 18 days!! Talk about a fun month!!

11. Shaden

Shaden DIS Veteran

Last time we went for 8 days, it was long, but not long enough. We still had more we wanted to do.

This time we are going to 2 weeks !!!

Also, this time we did the math. Basically, the longer you stay, the cheaper it gets per person per day. We are getting APs, and are planning a return trip in just under a year, so we will get to use the APs twice for about 28 days total.

But yea, flights, APs, Room discount, the longer the better.

We are wondering if 2 weeks is too long, but I don't think so :)

12. Fiveisaparty

Fiveisaparty Mouseketeer

I am staying 6 nights longest 7 nights. I'd love to do 10 days, but with kids and school that's too long :(

13. jenjersnap

jenjersnap yadda yadda yadda

Typically 10 nights. We are talking about the trip after our next one which will have to be in summer and we would like to do 14 days.

14. Dis703

Dis703 DIS Veteran

This trip is 7 nights 8 days on Disney property but we will be in Orlando one additional night before just using a free stay. We usually go for at least 8 nights. Would love to do a solid 2 weeks someday.

15. Shaden

Shaden DIS Veteran

Bah, in the grand scheme of things, a couple weeks out of school for kids out of what 18 years of schooling, not going to make a difference.

Getting the time off work, or having the budget, a different story I know :)

This is coming from a teacher btw :)

16. mom18

mom18 Mouseketeer

That's great!! And we kind of figured the same out. We just unexpectedly added one day to our vacation which was great. I only wonder since I have small children if 12 days is too long for them, especially since this will be their first vacation (aside from camping 4 hours away!) that was half the reason I brought up the question, because I wanted to see if it was common, and I guess it is! I hope you have a great trip!! I wish our jobs would let us stay the full 2 wks!

17. DanInMN

DanInMN Mouseketeer

We usually try to take a week, including the 2 weekends... 8 nights, 9 days (while only using 5 days of vacation time).

I think I'd rather take two one-week trips in a year than one two-week trip. But we have not yet done two Disney trips... too many other things to see and do!

18. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

We go twice a year, and winter (jan) trips are 7 - 10 days, August trips are 10 - 14 days. This Aug is 15 days. We come from the west coast and its a long flight, short trips just aren't worth it for us.

19. pixie921

pixie921 DIS Veteran

Six nights was just about perfect for us when we were going every year ... now that we go less often, I like to stay 7-8 nights. :)

20. seadd67

seadd67 DIS Veteran

I am doing a 7 to 10 night stay this Oct. I am going to be going solo for the first time, what do the solo travelers usually go for?

21. aubriee

aubriee <font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes

In just ten days, we'll be there for ten nights (May 10th-20th):cheer2::cheer2: We usually stay eight nights though (Sat-Sun).