How many if you DVC members took advantage of the $399 premium annual pass?

DH bought me one for Christmas! I have always dreamt of having an annual pass and I am going for 7 days in June with my mom. We are thinking of running in 2014, so we won't have to buy me any tickets for that trip. I was so excited when I opened the envelope that I cried! He Amy not love disney like I do, but he loves me enough to do disney for me! :)

DH and I have been PAP holders so it was REALLY nice to get the discount on the PAP, however, we're still steamed about losing the 20% discount. Oh well. Our current passes don't expire until June 2013 so we will use those for the May trip and will activate the new passes during the Oct trip. At least they made it so the passes can be activated at any time which is a bonus.

Two sets. Bought AP renewals early Sep and then allowed to turn that in and get PAP for the difference in cost when arrived for trip in Oct. We will be using those again in Feb and May. Have bought a second set to activate for trip next November.

We upgraded our regular renewed APs in October to PAPs and paid the $14 difference. I bought a new PAP for my January trip (when my current PAP expires). Bought a PAP for my DH for October 2013 (when his current PAP expires). My daughter bought 4 PAPs for her May 2013 trip (2 adults and 2 children). So that is 6 new PAPs for 2013 and 2 upgraded PAPs (upgraded fall 2012). I considered buying another PAP for myself and going late December 2013 to activate it since my January 2013 new PAP will expire in January 2014, but couldn't decide, so never did.

We did. I travel in August for 10-11 days at a time and have been getting the regular pass. This is the year I needed to buy new passes. ( Stay late August this year and then early August next year getting the 2 years out of the pass).Normally I would have waited until closer to our trip to purchase them but I couldn't refuse this special offer.

We have never done Disney Quest and only tried a water park once but that was when my kids were only six ( now they will be 10). I am happy that I can try a water park again and if they don't like it ( although I don't see that happening) it's no big deal.

My wife and I are also thinking about our first adult only trip this October for a long weekend to do some of the adult activities that we never have a chance to do with the kids .( The keys to the kingdom tour is our big plan).

I bought 2 and I'm busy planning all the extra things we want to do on our next 3 trips!

Keys to the Kingdom is one of our choices as well.

My PAP will be activated on Jan 11 or 12, depending on my schedule once I get to Disney. That means an expiry of Jan 12,2014. I'm planning my last trip of 2013 for after Xmas(2013 through New Years (2014).

Have been debating whether I should buy a third PAP or just wing it for the rest of 2014. If I were to activate a PAP by Dec 31, 2013 - then I would have to go 2 or 3 more times in 2014! Such a great excuse!

Realistically I need to probably wait.....planning too far out!!! (At least for me.)

Thanks for talking me out of this!:rotfl2:

We bought because we decided to turn our 2 trips next year into park trips. In 2014 we will switch back to resort trips, only entering the parks a couple of times during our stays.

We have enough tickets and AP vouchers to last us several years.

:earsboy: Bill

definitely got one during my Dec trip and brought the one for 2014 - on the web.

hopes it works okay - got a letter from them saying it did - but with all the problems Disney is having....

going next year twice - generally go 4 or more times - so seeing if this will work.

We bought one for each of us (DH and I). It's a great deal! Disappointed that the merchandise discount is being reduced. 20% is much better than 10%. Still a great deal.

We did. Took a little wrangling as Oct 1st was the last day of our trip but we were able to upgraded out 10day to the PAP at the promo price.

We did. We have a trip in Feb and will start using them then.

At least they made it so the passes can be activated at any time which is a bonus.

I know you know, but in case anyone out there doesn't know....they can be activated any time in 2013. Not just ANY time.

Buy until tomorrow. Activate between purchase and 12/31/13.

We bought 3 yesterday to be activated in August. We usually go for 12-13 days at a time so for an extra $25 a ticket over a 10 day pass it was worth the extra flexability.

Just bought 3 to activate in July and use again next June.

Decided to have them send the vouchers to me verses pickup as having something to hold and dream about is certainly worth $5

bought 1, for me. 21 days in January, 4 more in May, I'll get in another trip in December, if I can.

DH on a military pass for the 4 days in May. It wasn't worth it to get one for him, he goes so rarely.

Bought mine a few days ago.
Great deal, I'd love to see this as a continuing perk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter