How many friends do you have?

I didnt have many friends growing up. I was pretty shy. I find it easier to make friends as I get older which I think is the opposite of most people's situation.

I tend to have different groups of friends and they normally dont co-mingle. I have my bff who I moved to Florida partly to be closer to her and her family. If I had an emergency that is who I would call and she would probably call me if she had one. Usually when I hang out with her its just us and her family, sometimes we hang out with one of her other friends M who I have hung out with alone also but I wouldnt consider M a close friend.

I have my friends that I go to Disney with. I am pretty close to some of them and stay at some of thier places when I am in town. I have brought one of my non disney friends to meet them once or twice.

I have some friends I used to work with and have since moved on to other jobs. We get together once or twice a month for lunch.

I have one friend that still lives in my old town that I usually talk to atleast once a day even if its just a text. And I still have other friends back home that I get together with when I come back to visit

Not including DH who is my closest friend, I have about 3 close friends and about 15 other regular friends. My husband has to network a lot for his job, so I always find myself meeting new people from all walks of life. It's very fun :)

Best friends, the kind who know you inside and out? 4. These are the ones I would call with a major crisis or celebration.

Good friends, to go out to lunch/see a movie with? Probably about 5.

I have lots of other people I call "friends" meaning we enjoy talking to each other at events, know what's going on in each other's lives, hang out at work, etc...but we wouldn't necessarily hang out with only each other.

A handfull of really 'best friends' and about a dozen good friends. Then there are my 'old friends' with whom I keep in touch and could establish a best friend relationship with if they weren't far far away.
"Make new friends but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold."
Tonight, we're having a Christmas party with about 30 of our friends. Same group that we've partied with for 30+ years.

I have a close-knit group of 15 women that would help me hide a body if I asked.

This made me laugh!!!

My ultimate BF is my hubby::yes::

I have one VERY BF, and we would be there for the other in a nano second!!! One of her Christmas gifts from me is a sign that says, "When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun."

I have many good friends.

Around here, where we live? The "friendly" midwest? None. I have no one to really do things with or to rely on in an emergency. (Honestly, the latter scares me.) Lived here 20+ years and people have no interest in being friends with anyone outside their family or people they went to elementary school with. Yes, people have told me that point blank, to my face. Amazingly enough, they also have no problem asking me to do things FOR them, they just don't want me to do things WITH them.

Over the years, I've had friends with others who've moved here, but they've all moved away and at this point, I've given up. I get it, folks: if you aren't born here, you're invisible.

The friends I do have are people who live elsewhere, that I met via the internet or on vacations. I also have friends from other places we lived 20+ years ago. This summer, we actually took a vacation and went back to see some of them. It was so nice to spend time with people who give a crap about me. When I'm in a detached mood, I find it fascinating that I'm still friends with people I haven't seen in many years or that I meet people on vacation, make friends easily and quickly, and still have relationships with them years later while the people I see on a regular basis have no interest in being friends with me because they haven't known me since birth.

I'm tired of being lonely but I see no way to change it because I can't change other people. Being lonely is reason #7864 that I want to get outta here.

I have a nice group of female friends. Some from HS or college, some from jobs, some from our kids at one time being friends. I couldn't function without them. My husband, kids, parents...they are all great. But I need variety, I can't help it.

I would say 0.
I have work friends, and sometimes we do hang out outside of work, but since one of us moved away, our little group dynamic has changed. Could I call on them in the middle of the night? Probably, but would I WANT to? No, not really.
I do have old friends that thanks to FB, we have gotten together a few times, and have gone on a girls weekend (this was our 3rd year).
I'm ok with it; my family and work keep me busy and tired.

Andtototoo said:
Around here, where we live? The "friendly" midwest? None. I have no one to really do things with or to rely on in an emergency. (Honestly, the latter scares me.) Lived here 20+ years and people have no interest in being friends with anyone outside their family or people they went to elementary school with. Yes, people have told me that point blank, to my face. Amazingly enough, they also have no problem asking me to do things FOR them, they just don't want me to do things WITH them.

Over the years, I've had friends with others who've moved here, but they've all moved away and at this point, I've given up. I get it, folks: if you aren't born here, you're invisible.

The friends I do have are people who live elsewhere, that I met via the internet or on vacations. I also have friends from other places we lived 20+ years ago. This summer, we actually took a vacation and went back to see some of them. It was so nice to spend time with people who give a crap about me. When I'm in a detached mood, I find it fascinating that I'm still friends with people I haven't seen in many years or that I meet people on vacation, make friends easily and quickly, and still have relationships with them years later while the people I see on a regular basis have no interest in being friends with me because they haven't known me since birth.

I'm tired of being lonely but I see no way to change it because I can't change other people. Being lonely is reason #7864 that I want to get outta here.

Hey, I didn't know you lived in the same place I do! ;)

First, you don't want to try to enter a group where everyone has known each other for 20, 30, 40 years. They have a bond you'll never be a part of and they have a language you'd never understand. People who MARRY one of them have a hard time with it.

You may learn that Mark is called Chris...you may even learn that heis also called Lou under certain circumstances...but never called Peter by anyone but Cathy...but you weren't there to learn it at the time and understand the whole thing. You might be confused when, after five years, you hear one say to another, "E" and everyone bursts out laughing...because it was a joke that developed thirty years ago, but nobody has brought it up in ten.

People who are lucky/unlucky enough to be friends with the same people they've known their whole lives really don't need more friends. They have all the friends they need and possibly all the friends they could handle.

However, most people are normal people and do not fit into this category. Most people have friends who come and go over the course of a lifetime. Join a group. Take a class. You will meet people. :)

I have a best friend but she lives states away and our relationship is really on a strain lately. I don't really have any friends and it upsets me. I'm very social and outgoing and people love talking to me, but I don't know why they never "stick." I miss having a group of friends.

ETA: I do have a wonderful family though!

Yep, zero friends here too...

DH and I are really close and love doing things together. As for friends, neither of us have any, and we're ok with that. We relish our alone time, and really prefer that over any social event.

diznee25

DH is my very best friend. I also have a best friend that I either talk to or text every day. I also have two other "call in the middle of the night" friends that I talk to at least once a week.

Maybe 1-4 even then, I see them rarely. Perhaps once a year for most of them, more often for the 1.
I have had a lot of acquaintances since I have had kids. Lots of homeschool moms, lots of activity related chatting types, but almost no one I have done anything with outside of these events.
I know it is my issue, but I just don't seem to meet any people that I truly click with. I also don't like the area I live in, and when we had kids, we lost huge groups of people who were still living the party life. Haven't really recovered.

3 absolute best friends that I could call in the middle of the night and they'll be there. I have, and they were-and I've done the same for them. 2 of those ladies I've known since kindergarten, and the other since our first day of high school.

2 other gals that I'm extremely close to at work. We've gone on several work trips together, regularly get together socially, one is my son's Godmother. We all talk and text several times a week in addition to seeing each other at work.

Probably another 4-5 that are more "regular" friends. We are in a book club together, and 1 I was really close to in high school but we've drifted apart a bit while still staying in each other's lives.

It's funny. I'm incredibly introverted, painfully shy with horrible social anxiety. So I think once I feel comfortable with people I'm not letting them go!

Let's see:
DFi is my best friend-- but I'm not going to count him.

2 really good girlfriends, 4 good guy friends. So that makes 6.

I have a handful of acquaintances. Honestly, I'm happy to just be with DFi as he truly is my best friend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter