How many DVC'rs from Pennsylvania?

We always fly.....sometimes from ABE...sometimes from PHL....would love to fly from AVP (practically in my backyard!) however, no nonstop service and prices are outrageous. We were at Disney first week of January and DH, I and oldest DS and his GF are heading back 10/20 thru 10/24 for F & W......then, hopefully, we WILL be driving down a few days before New Years Eve with our 21 year old son.....who is applying in late August to the College Program for Spring 2011 and if accepted, should be starting shortly after New Years and then DH and I will fly home and leave DS's car there with him.......Yeah!!.......if DS is working there next spring it just gives me more reason to visit!!!

Well we don't officially live in Pennsylvania but my parents have a vacation home not far from Pocono Raceway that our entire family loves to get together at :goodvibes Anyone going to race this weekend ?

Where exactly is your parents home? I'm sitting on my front porch which is about 5 miles from the Raceway! We actually live in NY but have a home here in the Pocono's. Indian Mountain Lakes to be exact.

I have a week long solo trip planned in October and I can't wait. DH couldn't get the time so he said "you go" and that's all he had to say! :)

Hello all we are from the State College area! We are planning a trip in November. We are driving because I love the drive. I love to fly too, but I like having my own car:goodvibes

we live in NW Pa almost new york state line. we fly heading down (but have driven)in july for our 20th anniversary vow renewal at wdw with 25 family and friends! Staying at SSR for first time!:goodvibes

Another family from Philly (NE- Castor Gardens).

With six of us, we usually drive. Sometimes do the autotrain. We only fly when dh is deployed because no way I'm driving that far with four kids.

Next definite trip: December around a Wonder cruise. One night BLT lake view, two at WL CL on cash.

Maybe trip: this August if our friend comes from Morocco and we can get a villa. He's never been to the US before (or out of Morocco) and we figure nothing says American culture like Disney World.:cheer2:

Another Western PA'er here :yay: Saw a couple people from neighboring Bethel Park - hi neighbors :wave2: (South Park here)

Where exactly is your parents home? I'm sitting on my front porch which is about 5 miles from the Raceway! We actually live in NY but have a home here in the Pocono's. Indian Mountain Lakes to be exact.

I have a week long solo trip planned in October and I can't wait. DH couldn't get the time so he said "you go" and that's all he had to say! :)

Hi Linda (took me few days but I finally got back to this thread !)

Small world, not far from Indian Mt. Lakes at all !! community is Birch Hollow over by 534/Jonas Rd. DS22 & eldest DD19 are huge NASCAR fans and attended Sunday's race; DH & I & youngest DD & other members of our extended family go occasionally to races (a bunch of us may go to see truck race in July). My parents, & my family live in NY too (staten island). The Pocono's are a great getaway :thumbsup2 wish we could get there more often than we do.

It would be fun to meet some time !
:goodvibes
~Laura

orginally from NJ ...... now I have a Gettysburg address! :laughing:
DVC member since 1993

Wow, I was born in Lehighton, lived for a short while in Summit Hill, grew up in Whitehall (Fullerton) and now live in Schnecksville. DW grew up in Coplay.

I know another DVC family in Whitehall (Hi Elaine and Dean!) and another in Salisbury Township.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter