How many children do you have? How many did you plan on having?

We had 3. We had two boys and DH always wanted a daughter so we tried for #3 and she is now 19!

We wanted two and we had two. We made that decision permanent about two months after the second was born. The pediatrician tried to talk us out of it because we were only 27, but we knew what we wanted. We have a girl and a boy.

We have 3 daughters, my oldest is 27 from my first marriage. Then we had our daughter who will be 18 in October. After we had her I wanted one more child closer in age so we had another daughter who just turned 14.

I wanted a whole houseful, 5 or 6 at least, preferably more. Infertility put a stop to that dream of mine, and we adopted our daughter who will be our only. She's the greatest kid I could ever have asked for, but I'm still a little jealous of people with big families.

Wanted 3-4. Had rough pregnancies and a hard time getting pregnant. Stopped at two boys :). I am OK with it!

I wanted three, DH wanted two, ended with five, three girls, two boys (g, b, g, g, b). We are done.

We wanted 2 and have 2 girls. We are done and very happy with our girls.

I had always wanted 4.

I had some complications during delivery w/ our first (DD) which scared DH, so, 18 months later, when older DS came along & ended up in the NICU right after he was born (but, very thankfully, is completely fine now), DH was done. A little girl & a little boy exactly 18 months apart... we were good. Nice & even!

Every now & then I'd say something like, "Maybe we should have one more..." DD & older DS are so close in age that I felt like I was done w/ each stage in one fell swoop, if that makes sense. Baby stage... done. Toddler stage... done. But it just never felt right.

And, by the time older DS was 5, I was content & didn't really want that much of an age gap between the older 2 & a baby. Plus, I was getting older.

Well, when older DS was 8 & DD was 9... surprise!! A new baby boy!!

Now we have 3... DD, older DS, & younger DS. I absolutely cannot imagine our lives w/o younger DS.

And now we feel complete.

Last edited:
I wanted "not two" and DH wanted "not three", so it was either one or four.

Because of some medical considerations, we stopped at one.

14 years later, we are absolutely happy! This is the perfect family size for us.

Wanted two. Lost my first at 12 weeks. Tried for another year and started fertility testing and got pregnant. When the ultrasound showed twins, my DH said we're done. When the ultrasound showed a boy and a girl, he said we're really done! They're now 17 and both terrific kids and it has been a pure joy raising them. They'll be off to college next year and I'll be so sad. DH and I will be celebrating our 23rd anniversary this year.

I have 2 boys. They are 8 and 1. I always wanted 2 kids, but I always hoped for a girl and a boy. Didn't quite work that way but now I wouldn't have it any other way. I originally wanted the kids 2 maybe 3 years apart but it didn't quite happen that way. When we started thinking about another child we tried for a year. It was so stressful and really upsetting to not be able to get pregnant. We eventually gave up trying and my hubby bought me a puppy to try and fill the void, lol. Eventually we were able to get pregnant and it was when we weren't even really trying. Anyways I still would like a little girl, we are planning on moving to a bigger house in the near future and when we do I think we are going to consider adoption since it was so hard to get pregnant with my second son.

I always wanted two or three. I was perfectly happy with two, a boy and a girl. Then I got remarried and ended up having another one, which was the best decision ever. Three is just the right number for me.

I have one (age two next month) and another on the way.

I've always wanted three. In the midst of first trimester exhaustion and all day nausea for this pregnancy I was thinking, "I'm not sure I want to go through this again...maybe 2 is enough!" But now that I feel better in my second tri, I'm back on board with three.

I do sort of wish I had gotten married and started a family a couple years sooner. I want to be totally done by 34 and I turn 31 next month. If we have a third, it can't be spaced out all that far. I don't want to be one of those "old moms." Not that there is anything wrong with having kids later in life, my preference would be not to.

Two boys (now 29 and 31). I wanted three or four. DH wanted two. He now says we should have had four. As I tell him, too little too late. He always does that with things and says he was wrong and apologizes when it's too late to change it. I love the man, but he is slow to learn. I love my two boys, but the relationship with boys and mothers is very different than the relationship between girls and mothers, especially as adults. If we could do over, we'd have four. I had very easy pregnancies and deliveries and I love being pregnant, so it would have been easy to do. I was 23 and 26 when they were born, so I had plenty of time for more. It is one of my biggest regrets. If you even think you have an inkling of wanting more, go for it.

We wanted two, a boy and a girl. We got a boy and a girl, so since there was nothing left to have we said that was good. :) DH got a vasectomy when DD was 2. Our DS is 39 and DD is 36.

I was an only child and never really liked it, always wished for a baby brother or sister but it didn't happen. DH is the oldest of three, he has two younger sisters and he never wanted us to have three as he felt it was always two against one while growing up. And we sure didn't want four!! :)

I never thought much about how many I wanted. I was one of 4 and just knew I didn't want that many.

After years of infertility, it didn't even occur to me that I was going to get much of a choice in the matter. Our first 2 were boys, and I thought then maybe we were done. As they started growing, I knew I'd love to have a 3rd, be it boy or girl. In fact, I just assumed it would be another boy. I was pleasantly surprised when we found out we'd get to experience having a girl as well.

In retrospect, it all turned out just perfectly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter