How many children do you have? How many did you plan on having?

I have a daughter who is six. My hubby and I would love a boy. I stopped taking birth control a few months ago. We will see what happens...

We originally talked about 2 and had a plan that we would be married for a couple of years first. We were married less than a year when my husband said he wanted to try. So our DD was born almost a year and a half later. When she was about 4 we talked and decided that we were happy the way things were. When she was 6 my husband had a vasectomy.

We are happy with the decision we made.

We never discussed how many we wanted but we have 3 (2 girls and a boy) and we are currently exploring our options for adopting a little boy.

We really didn't decide how many we wanted but I think my husband wanted 2 and I wanted 4. We did have 4 kids but our 3rd child died. The funny thing is that when my ds who was the 4th child was 20 he had a friend who was going to end up on the streets. He came for a visit and hasn't left yet. The 2 boys will be and are 35 this year. It ended up being about the same age as my ds (who was the 3rd born) who passed away.
tigercat

I knew I wanted more than one, possibly four. Struggled with infertility. Fourteen months to conceive my first daughter. Then it took five and a half years and four miscarriages, two failed ivfs, three failed frozen embryo transfers and finally a spontaneous pregnancy before I had my twins. The twins were a huge surprise. We had stopped trying and figured we were lucky to have one. My twins are almost six--a boy and a girl and I feel complete. So we had plans but they went out the window. It was out of our hands. I have real faith that God sent me those twins for a reason.

We wanted two children. We had one daughter and, unfortunately, I had to have an emergency hysterectomy two hours after I delivered her. I was happy to have a healthy baby but at the same time, I was grieving the loss of being able to have anymore biological children. As our daughter grew, I knew I still wanted another child and I began to think about adoption. It took my husband a bit longer to get to that point but eventually he agreed that we should adopt. Our adoption journey was not easy but it was so very worth it. We adopted in 2008 and now we have two beautiful daughters.

I have 1 DD. That's probably it for us. I am also an only child, and my mother is as well. What can I say, we get it right the first time in my family. :)

We always said we wanted three and we have three. I just didn't think it would come as quickly as it did. Two years after DD was born, I became pregnant, but miscarried. Three months later I found out I was pregnant with twins (boy/girl). I loved being pregnant and had very easy pregnancies, but even though I wished I could have that experience again, we have our three and that's perfect for us. (Especially when the doctor told me my chances of having another set of twins increased by 50% after the first set!)

We vaguely discussed two kids in the early years - we met in high school and didn't get married until after college. Then, we had two boys and thought we were done...and about two years after my middle child was born I decided I really wanted another. It took almost 9 months for my DH to come around to the idea. Our DD was born 9 months after he agreed! We are done now. Our kids are 14, 12 and almost 9 and our family feels very complete.

Children were not a part of my life plan. It was a five minute long convo after many beers and bam...TWINS! I'm a go big or go home kind of person :)

Can't imagine life without them.

I'm not sure I could have survived twins, so my hat's off to you. The thought of triplets is almost horrifying! :)

I wanted one. I had one. I am very happy with that decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!