how is American airlines service?

Patrickprincess

faith trust and pixie dust
I hope I don't start an argument or drama. I am inquiring as to American Airlines.how was your experience flying with them I've never flown them I usually fly Delta or Alaska thank you very much for your input

I flew them last year, they were fine. I'm flying them for work on Sunday, one thing I noticed is they hold a lot of seats for an extra charge or their preferred flyers. I booked about six weeks ago and got the last free seat.

I flew them last year, they were fine. I'm flying them for work on Sunday, one thing I noticed is they hold a lot of seats for an extra charge or their preferred flyers. I booked about six weeks ago and got the last free seat.
the reason I'm asking is because they are a partner with Alaska Airlines and I'm a frequent flyer miles holder and I have enough and miles to fly with them.

I like them better than Delta. Flew them from San Diego to Boston in Dec...no issues at all. Flying them again in Nov...Boston to LAX. Looking forward to it.

I've flown AA multiple times to and through DFW (to MCO) and I've never had a problem with them. I've never flown Delta or Alaska, so can't compare.

In your other thread, someone pointed out correctly that AA blocks off a bunch of good free coach seats for their frequent-flyer-type passengers, which can make seat selection frustrating. (If you're on points, this may not be an issue, I have no idea.) Flying to MCO this year, the MCO-DFW leg of my flight had no good free aisle/window seats available for selection when I bought my ticket. I just went ahead and selected the available middle seat in a row I wanted and kept watching the flights. Eventually, pretty close to my trip, a good window seat showed up and I switched to it.

You will hear reports of drastic flight time and equipment/seat changes, but I buy my tix about 60-90 days out and my seats have never been changed on me, and my flight times have never moved more than about 15 minutes or so (and often not at all).

I did get "stuck" overnight at DFW this year, but it was not AA's fault (they don't control the severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings). They were good about rebooking me on a flight for the next morning and putting me on standby for a flight later that night (I bailed on standby and just got a hotel room because it was still storming and the standby flight wasn't even there yet at flight time - it ended up leaving at like 10 pm and I'm glad I wasn't on it!). FWIW, all my messed-up flights this year (slight delay leaving home and cancelled/delayed getting back) were American Eagle (the "puddle-jumpers"), but they were good about getting me rebooked when I needed it.

If you're on points, this may not apply, either, but I just buy my tickets OOP. AA prices fluctuate all over the place. You just need to watch them, get an idea of what you're willing to pay, then when you're ready to buy, check them every day and when you see a "good" price, jump on it.

I've flirted with Delta but never taken the plunge; I tried AirTran once back when they still existed and they were fine, but of course they're gone now. I have a couple of other options, but their schedules are very limited and/or go way out of the way for connections to MCO. I keep coming back to AA, and I really have not regretted it.

Like all major carriers, their service is generally good....but there can be problems occasionally.

I use them often, and have no issues better or worse than I do with Delta or United when I fly them, and I use those a lot, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter