How I Survived 11 Days at WDW with a Disney-Resistant Husband **2/20 THE END **

Wow! $300 - $400 for the sweater! That is kind of crazy! I find myself drawn to those sweaters too! My Mom had one when I was a kid that my Grandfather bought her in Norway. I remember her wearing it instead of a winter jacket! I also remember thinking it was beautiful, which is why I'm drawn to them. But, I've never actually looked at the price tag because I know I'm not going to wear it no matter if it cost $25 or $400! I may have fainted if I looked and it said $400!

Woo hoo for Chris the power shopper! :lmao:

Lovely that you got to tour WS by yourself!! I'm glad you had a good time! Your pictures are beautiful!

I can't wait to hear how you liked Jiko! I've never been there and I'm really excited to try it in May!

Yes, those sweaters are might expensive. And I have never seen them on sale. I firmly believe that one in a lifetime is enough.:laughing:

As for your Jiko reservation in May - you are in for a real treat!:)

Sounds like a very enjoyable birthday so far!!! The perfect place to walk around and enjoy being by yourself is the World Showcase!!! Glad to hear that you got to hear the Voices of Liberty - they are my all time favorite in the WS! Can't wait to hear about your dinner at Jiko. I've never eaten there in all my WDW trips but I hear so many great reviews about it.

You are right - it was wonderful touring WS by myself and not having anyone hanging on my coattails, or trying to drag me out of the Park.:rotfl:

My review of Jiko will definitely be consistent with the other good reviews you have heard - it was great!:goodvibes

That's just how I feel when watching the American Adventure show! Really well said :goodvibesI don't think I can make it through 'Golden Dream' at the end without a few tears :sad1: !

Nice you got some alone time to soak in all the World Showcase entertainment and atmosphere :cloud9:

Solo touring WS was a great way to spend the afternoon!:goodvibes
Emma princess: x

Nice update. It seems like you had a lovely time exploring World Showcase. It is one of those places that it is almost better to be alone so you can focus on the things you like. :)

Have a great weekend!

Q

You are absolutely right - you can really miss so much in WS touring it with kids. It is so much nicer taking your time!:)

And you have a good weekend too, Queila! Happy Thanksgiving!

We also have had 2 good dinners at San Angel. My DH had requested it as one of our dinners during our August trip. :confused3
I'm SO envious of your walk around World Showcase solo. I have never seen ANY of the World Showcase films. In fact if it weren't for Kim Possible missions, I doubt I would have seen more than the restaurants where we ate!

Amanda

Hey Amanda...so glad to hear of another person who actually liked San Angel. I was worried that maybe I was just a poor judge of good food!:rotfl:

I love Epcot. I don't blame you for bypassing the video after Maelstrom. I did see it the first time I went to Epcot and while it was interesting, I felt once was enough. And I love the Voices of Liberty and the American Experience.

Sounds like you are having a good birthday! :)

Aren't VOL the best??!! I LOVE them! The whole American Pavillion is wonderful!

What a nice afternoon :goodvibes
I love that store in Japan. My nephew has to be dragged out of there :rotfl:\
Can't wait to read about your birthday dinner at Jiko.

Definitely great shopping in Japan! And I have nothing but good things to say about Jiko!:)

I would never, in a million years, have guessed Chris' favorite place!! :rotfl2: But I don't blame him a bit. I hear the call of those sweaters quite loudly myself. I have not yet given into temptation but there is always next time. I know it gets mixed reviews but I also really love the perfume there.

Looks like you had a fun afternoon browsing around WS. Can't wait to hear about your b-day dinner!

Yeah...I kinda didn't think anyone would guess Puffin's Roost.:rotfl:

Hmmm....I don't recall perfume from there. I will have to check that out. My favourite, which I discovered in the France Pavillion in 2008 is Petit Cherie by Annik Goutal.:lovestruc

I'm BAAACK!!!!

After much too long away from the Dis, I am catching up on my TR subscriptions to find out that it was your birthday on Cinco de Mayo :scared1:

I don't think I had ever heard that so :bday: much too late!

It was so great meeting you, I just wish we had more time to chat that day. Glad you got to spend a little time enjoying WS, even if you were by yourself, sometimes that makes it easier

and how funny is it that we both went to cape may for breakfast and Jiko for dinner that day, I was just a couple hours behind you at both places

BTW: I heard a rumor about you :rolleyes1 anxiously waiting confirmation

Hey Katie! I am glad I am not the only one having trouble keeping up on the Dis! Phew! :laughing:

You mean you were at Jiko on May 5th too??!! I knew we were both at Cape May for breakfast, but I don't think I knew about Jiko. I know we also both had plans to attend AK EMH...unfortunately we never made it.:sad2:

And yes, the rumours are correct. I will leaving Wednesday for a business trip in the States, and I have decided to extend my trip into the weekend to catch a couple days in the Park. I will be meeting up with Christine (2xcitedsleep), Carrie (lurkyloo) and Patrick (Mr. Lurkyloo) and seeing Howard Jones as part of the D23 festivities! Yay!!!:banana:

There is nothing I love more than wandering around WS ... I never seem to get enough time to do it though. We always seem to be rushing from one end to the other.

Great pictures and I loved what you said about the American Pavillion...I feel the same way!

Hey Queenie! We are two gals who are cut from the same cloth on this one! ;)

Thanks for another wonderful update, I have enjoyed reading it. Thanks for the idea of the golf bal....I think I'm going to borrow that idea for my son first ride at Soarin

Oh good...I am glad I gave you a fun idea for Soarin'. Your son will love it...it made Declan feel pretty special!:goodvibes

Happy Thanksgiving (or Columbus Day to all my American friends!)

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians. (And Happy Columbus Day to all the Americans!)

It has already been a busy weekend for us. Yesterday after the kids' swimming lessons, Chris and Declan spent a good part of the day at the hockey rink, while Katie & I spent a girls day together. We had lunch out and then spent the afternoon at the stables for our weekly riding lesson. I am amazed at how much we have learned since September. We are already trotting!

Then in the evening, Katie and I went to see the new Disney film Secretariat. It was awesome!

Secretariat_poster-202x300.jpg

Katie insisted on wearing one of her horse outfits to the movie:

October2010081.jpg

Early this morning, Chris ran in a Half-Marathon race. He clocked in at an impressive 1:31.:worship: For someone who only started running 2 years ago at over 40 years old, I think that's pretty darn good!

October2009082.jpg

October2009083.jpg

Then we met up with our friends and participated in our annual Thanksgiving Day tradition - a gourd scavenger hunt. It is a lot of fun and very popular with the kids. Our families have been doing this for 4 years now.

October2009091.jpg

October2009096.jpg

October2009123.jpg

Afterwards, we went to ride Miniture Trains and visited a world renoun Pumpkin Patch.

October2009120.jpg

October2009100.jpg

October2009125.jpg

We finished up the day by watching the annual Pumpkin Regatta.

October2009128.jpg

October2009130.jpg

October2009133.jpg

This is a totally unique event which is quite a spectacle to behold. 2 or 3 years ago Martha Stewart was supposed to come and compete in the race, paddling a pumpkin with the rest of the competitors, but her plane got fogged in the day of the race. So one of her production team members who was already on location decorating her pumpkin for the event paddled it for her. Martha talked about the event and showed clips of the race on her show.

(Continued)

(Continued from last post)

On another note, I have to show you the Christmas cards I had made for us this year. Yes, you heard right...Christmas Cards!!! I am normally such a procrastinator about these things, but there was a time-limited promotion a few weeks ago, which got me to act quickly.

I used the photos we had taken by the Roots for our cards this year. So while I still have yet to order prints of any of the photos, or decide on which prints I want to order in a canvas gallery wrap, I do have our Christmas cards already to be mailed in December! :rolleyes: I am never this early, and it feels great!

Here is our card. It is a tri-fold card. Here is the front:

October2010090.jpg

Here it is opened up fully:

October2010089.jpg

And here is the back:

October2010091.jpg

The paper and quality of this card is AMAZING!!! So great that I immediately placed another couple orders. Here are some Halloween cards I ordered:

1.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

I ordered a couple copies of this card - two for grandparents, and one to keep for our scrapbook.

I also ordered a Birthday Card for my Dad:

1.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

A Birthday Card for my Mom:

1.jpg

1.jpg

I also made a Christmas Thank-you card for Katie's teacher:

1.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

And one for Declan's teacher.

1.jpg

1.jpg

All of the cards are regularly priced at $1.99, but were on sale for 99 cents!

I just discovered this company, and I am really impressed. If you want to look at the website, or place an order, send me your email address and I can send you a coupon good for $10 off a purchase of $49 or more.;)

Have a great rest of Weekend!:goodvibes

Wow! Your Christmas card is beautiful! Nice job. Your kids are too cute.

congrats to your DH for his 1/2 marathon time. That is pretty impressive! Some people have just got it - doesn't matter when they start, they have the running gene!

Hmmmm.....those pictures of the cards were on here. Looks like the amount of viewings exceeded the website's capacity. Sorry! I have no way to re-post them until they arrive in the mail.

Wow! Your Christmas card is beautiful! Nice job. Your kids are too cute.

Thanks!

congrats to your DH for his 1/2 marathon time. That is pretty impressive! Some people have just got it - doesn't matter when they start, they have the running gene!

You are right - it definitely comes naturally to him. If only I could be so lucky.:rolleyes:

WOW, I LOVE your Christmas cards. I'm just trying to plan our outfits (our December trip) and I'm hoping we can get one amazing pictures in front the the castle during the party night (then I realized the outfits I got us we will need to wear a coat if its too cold...I might have to go to GF and get one in front of the tree...I saw someone post last year and loved it).
My husband laughs at me that I'm plotting the outfits and don't know the weather b/c its can be cold or warm. Shopping today and I told him that we cant wear it until December and he looked at me :scared1::eek:

Sounds like a fun weekend!! Love all the pics. Your Christmas card is great!! Congrats to Hubby on the race. Avery and I are going to see Secratariat when she has a day off from school on Oct 22md.

You mean you were at Jiko on May 5th too??!! I knew we were both at Cape May for breakfast, but I don't think I knew about Jiko. I know we also both had plans to attend AK EMH...unfortunately we never made it.:sad2:

And yes, the rumours are correct. I will leaving Wednesday for a business trip in the States, and I have decided to extend my trip into the weekend to catch a couple days in the Park. I will be meeting up with Christine (2xcitedsleep), Carrie (lurkyloo) and Patrick (Mr. Lurkyloo) and seeing Howard Jones as part of the D23 festivities! Yay!!!:banana:

Yep, just posted my Jiko dinner on my TR this morning! We had ADR's after AK EMH's, it was a late night!

I am insanely jealous of your quick trip! I haven't had the chance to meet C yet and Howard Jones is just icing on the cake in my book! :cloud9:

can I just say how funny it strikes me to see a Tim Horton's banner at the end of a 1/2 marathon :rotfl2: Looks like you've had a fun weekend!

Congrats to your hubby, that is no easy feat..good for him!

Love the kids outfits, they are so cute!

I love that you guys have a pumpkin regatta....how fun does that look?

Ok....now about that Christmas card.....G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!! They did an amazing job with those pictures!

The last time that I went to San Angel was in 2006. It was so bad That I've not been back. I love the atmosphere there, but the food not so much. It's really a shame because the first time that I ever ate there it was so good that I really wanted to go back. :confused3 Maybe they have changed the menu & I need to try it again.

Hi!! i have a lot to read up on.. but i was lurking and noticed the comment about San angel... we were just there last week... needless to say .. we went hungry that night.. alll the food was HORRIBLE!

Aren't the Voices of Liberty amazing?! I loved seeing them this past December. Incredibly powerful and beautiful!

A little solo time at Epcot, gotta love that!!! :thumbsup2

Happy Thanksgiving to you! Looks like a very fun weekend - the gourd scavenger hunt sounds like so much fun! What a GREAT idea. I just might have to go pick up some gourds and do that with Henry, even though we don't have Thanksgiving for another month, it will still be a fun activity! Super cute pics of the kids in the tree.

Your Christmas card turned out beautifully! I wish I could see the others, I'm sure they are just as beautiful! Perhaps the pictures will come back. :goodvibes

Love the Christmas Card!!! Looks great! I'm almost done making our cards, too. The advantage of a summer trip to Disney!

Amanda

I can't believe how much those sweaters cost. Alone time sounds like a nice birthday treat. I have never seen the American Adventure and I really want to. It is on my list for next trip for sure.

Beautiful Christmas cards! And I love Declan's hooded sweater. It really caught my eye. I can't wait to see the missing cards.

That Ditch looked so empty...like something was missing...oh, I know...ME!! :rotfl: We all left the day before- what a perfect plan you all had, hitting the Ditch on Cinco de Mayo. :thumbsup2

Those sweaters Chris likes are BEAUTIFUL- I'm surprised they're even too heavy for you up in Canada- I'm freezing all winter in NJ- how can you be warm withOUT that sweater up there is what I want to know!!

LOVE your Christmas card, it turned out beautifully!

I'm excited for you for your quick solo trip and really bummed that I couldn't work it out to be there as well. Hope you have a great time!

Just found your TR yesterday and am already caught up! Awesome report! It's like a good book, I just couldn't stop reading. :goodvibes Can't wait to read the rest and I'm glad to hear it will not be your last trip after all. That would be tragic! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter