• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How I Survived 11 Days at WDW with a Disney-Resistant Husband **2/20 THE END **

Love the update. I can't wait until your next installment as the two things mentioned are things we are doing on our upcoming first trip!

We love Coral Reef too and I can't wait to eat there again in 26 days!!!! The Mahi Mahi is delicious!

Your Jiko meal looks great! I want to try Jiko but it seems like such a pain to get there if you don't have a car. My other concern is my intense dislike of curry. I've tried thai curry, Indian curry, etc. I'm pretty reasonable about trying new foods. I like spice in my food. And yet I have never found a curry that I can even tolerate, much less like. It's one of my few food weirdnesses. I won't even set foot in an Indian restaurant unless I absolutely have to because the smell bothers me so much!

That's great that you had such a yummy meal at Coral Reef. I'll confess that I've stayed away because of the mixed reviews but maybe we need to try it for ourselves. I love most seafood!

Amanda

I really should have eaten dinner before reading your report on Jiko.....I can tell you this is one restaurant we will be visiting for sure next summer. We were trying to figure out where we would have an adults only evening and I`ve just decided it will be here!!!

Great pics of all the kids....so adorable!! Glad you got another night at DTD...and I would have had a ghiradelli sundae too....hey, we can`t go to DTD and not, rightÉ:rotfl2:

I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful birthday dinner!! And the Coral Reef looks amazing as well!! Figment--how fun! We took our girls on the Figment ride for the 1st time in May! They LOVED it!! It brought back memories for me!! Can't wait to read more!

I definitely need to learn to incorporate more lazy mornings into our trips, yours sounds heavenly :cloud9:

The picture of the Mahi Mahi brings back fond memories of that dish, it was so good! I'm still bummed that I missed the lobster ravioli on the menu, that would have been my choice if I had seen it. If you remember from my report, we loved the food and atmosphere at Coral Reef but our service was not so good. :sad2: I totally agree with you though that everyone needs to make up their own mind about a particular restaurant, people's tastes and experiences are different :thumbsup2

What a nice birthday dinner! I love all of the cousins pictures-- so nice that the kids got to hang out! Also, LOVE Katie's dress! Does she want to share her Lilly wardrobe with me? :lmao:
Seems like this Epcot day was really nice! I completely agree with you about Disney. Most people LOVE Ohana-- we hated it. I heard lots of negative things about Coral Reef, and like you guys, we adored it! It was the best dinner of our trip.
Can't wait to hear about Narcossee's-- on the top of our list for our next trip!

Subscribing! Spent all morning reading what you've posted so far. Can't wait to hear the rest!

Oh, where do you get all your daughter's cute outfits? My 3yo needs some for our next trip.

Wonderful update, my husband loves Jiko (in fact he loved it so much our last night at AKL..he called to see if he can have it as a room service...a Jiko CM come to our room to give us the menu for that night and we ordered. It was wonderful. My son loved the playground and the pool at AKL. We did enjoy our stay at AKL but I hated the beds and the buses).

I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday dinner. It was thoughtful of your SIL to see that you got the items you wanted for your birthday.

We also enjoyed Coral Reef when we went. I think it was my husband's favorite meal of our trip.

what a great update and birthday!!!!!!!!! All around good stuff and a lovely lovely next morning. I agree, you have to try things for yourself. Jiko is on our May trip list and I can't wait for it!

Yummmm....JIKO......we also had an excellent meal there last month- it was my third visit, and I think it was fabulous! The Taste of Africa is what they serve every night on the CL (or at least most of it). So when we went we didn't order that, we had a goat cheese flatbread and the duck, both of which were incredible.

Great way to spend your birthday!!:goodvibes

E

Wonderful updates! I have yet to try Jiko, but it's HIGH on the list for a future date night, or when Henry is old enough to sit at least a bit still in a restaurant over dinner. ;)

Sounds like a pretty perfect day here too - relaxing at the pool and Epcot. :thumbsup2 GREAT picture of your DH with the kids in Bruce!!!

Love the pictures of your family at AKL and Jiko. :) Great memories of the cousins together.

That food looks beyond yummy! Jiko and California Grill are on the top of my list of places I HAVE to try soon. Haha!

I agree with you that as much as the reviews might be helpful sometimes the best thing is to try it for ourselves. I was a little hesitant about Coral Reef also but honestly have no complaints about it. My mouth starts watering just thinking about that mahi- mahi and the chocolate wave. :goodvibesHmmm....

Have a great week!

Q
PS. Congratulations to your husband for running the marathon. What a great accomplishment. :thumbsup2

Found your report and I have enjoyed reading every line. I am all caught up and cant wait for the next installment!

I checked your TR at the most perfect time. I loved reading about your meal at Jiko because I am really looking forward to eating there in May. But what's with the burnt bread?

And yours was the second great review I read about the Coral Reef. Those ravioli look amazing. Yum!

How great to have a quiet morning just to relax.

I have been following (lurking!) along with your report the whole time. I am really enjoying it. You have a beautiful family. I can't wait to hear about your 'pick-a-pearl' experience. My daughter (17) did this in Japan as well and loved it! She actually got two pearls in her shell! It's such a great experience and souvenir from WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter