How I Survived 11 Days at WDW with a Disney-Resistant Husband **2/20 THE END **

I loved your CRT dinner update and pics! We have only had breakfast there but I would love to try dinner. Those desserts look amazing :goodvibes.

That's adorable that everyone got to meet their favorite princess-- I agree with Chris-- I love Belle! Glad everyone enjoyed their meal. Sounds like you guys had a fun time!

Yes - it was another great meal in the Castle! :goodvibes

We are eating at CRT for the first time this fall:banana:, your pictures are getting me so excited! Thanks for the great on-going report, can't wait for more!

Hey Erin - I am sure you will love your 1st time in the Castle. There is nothing like the 1st time you climb up that staircase and into that regal dining room.:lovestruc

I loved the pictures of all the princesses. It certainly makes a great collection for your holiday.

Just one observation....:laughing:.....

Is this another one of those moment? i.e.....another Disney princess somewhere in the viscinity of the family and Chris SMILING????? :rotfl2:

:rotfl: You are definitely onto something here!!! I wonder how much it would cost to rent out Belle for the duration of our trip to act as our tour guide on our next trip?:laughing:

Awwww, how sweet are those pics of the kids sound asleep in the stroller?! :goodvibes

I can certainly understand Declan not wanting his picture taken when he was probably still half asleep, it looks like he woke up enough to enjoy the meal though - you got some great pictures with the princesses.

Your dessert looked devine!

Fortunately Declan did get a second wind once we got upstairs. It was a great meal on all fronts!:)

Lovely update about CRT! :thumbsup2

I ate there for the first time last summer - I was pretty nervous because DF and I had paid for the meal, as a treat for his family (7 adults!) and the reviews are all over the place.... but I loved the food! I had Castle salad, Prime Rib and the Chocolate Buckle.. mmmm! when we went it was Cinderella downstairs, then Fairy Godmother did a show with the two mice during our meal :goodvibes

DF & his Dad wouldn't get in line for a photo with Cindy when we arrived! I had to convince them to meet her lol :rolleyes:

So glad you had a great experience in the Castle. I can't believe you treated 7 adults though...that must have been a pretty unappetizing bill!:rotfl:

Too bad your DF and his Dad didn't join in for photos with Cindy...hopefully you still got some good ones yourself!;)

Your kiddos were wiped! That parade is LOUD! :laughing: Glad they got in a little nap though. Looks and sounds like a wonderful meal in the Castle! We have never dined here, but someday I'm gonna drag my boys in! ;)

Believe it or not, there is always a table with just boys, no girls, just about every time we have gone. Mommies still like the Castle afterall!;)

Your pictures came out great with the princesses! Sounds like you had a great time. Glad to hear this dinner was pleasant for everyone.

I dunno, looks like your husband was in a pretty good mood. I'm wondering too who he was smiling at????

Who was he smiling at for the photopass picture? Believe it or not, the only person in that direction was the photopass photographer who was a 50-something male.:laughing: So it must have been just being near the princesses at Princess in Oz has pointed out that brought out his charming side!:laughing:

Looks like a great meal at CRT. We were there in February right before they switched over to the princesses. I think we need to go back now. The chocolate buckle was so yummy! Great pictures with the princesses too. :goodvibes

Hey Michelle...that godmother show was cute. Although after 4 times of seeing it, I was glad they switched over to the Princesses.

I can't wait to eat at CRT in November!! Of course I will be the only girl.. I am dragging my boys to it!:lmao: But they are excited to eat in the castle..

Don't worry...your boys won't be alone, and you won't be the 1st mommy to drag in her men. It is still a cute experience for girls and boys just being in the Castle. And you can pay them back by doing some "boy" stuff after the meal!:)

I'm late but I still want in :)

Thanks for posting, and Welcome!!!:welcome: You are not late at all...I still have 5 days to go!;)

I loved your CRT dinner update and pics! We have only had breakfast there but I would love to try dinner. Those desserts look amazing :goodvibes.

Hey Nichole! I have only had breakfast at CRT once...the rest of the times I have been there for dinner. Overall to me, it feels like a better value to pay that amount of money for a prime rib dinner as opposed to a breakfast. I like the feeling of getting dressed up in the evening to go there for dinner, and it always seems less rushed to me than the breakfast as I am always watching the clock to ensure we are out in time for park opening.:laughing:

However, I really do like the breakfast food there!:goodvibes So I think we will likely be back on one of our future trips!

The Best Wishes Viewing Spot for Tinkerbell!!!

After dinner, we headed down the long windy staircase out of the Castle and into Fantasyland. First stop was Mickey's Philharmagic...a must-do on every trip. Once again it was so much fun seeing both kids grabbing at the various 3D items popping up all over the screen. Even at 7 years old, Katie still does this! I just L-O-V-E this attraction. So many favourite Disney characters and film scenes brought together with the most amazing musical score. What could possibly be better???

untitledevent-1139.jpg

untitledevent-1140.jpg

After that we headed over to Tommorowland. I love this place at dusk!

IMG_5507.jpg

IMG_5510.jpg

IMG_5512.jpg

IMG_5513.jpg

While we didn't have a whole lot of time before the fireworks, we decided to take a spin on the AstroOrbiter.

IMG_5514.jpg

This ride is almost as bad as Dumbo for having one of the slowest moving loading lines in the Park. I had hoped to also fit in a spin on the Tommorowland Transit Authority but by the time we got off the Orbiter it was time to stake out a spot for Wishes.

IMG_5518.jpg

IMG_5519.jpg

Will anyone be surprised to learn that Chris and his mother wanted to leave before Wishes? But I was having none of it. I knew if we didn't stay, we would likely not be back before the trip ended. And there was no way I was spending 10 nights in Walt Disney World and not watching at least one Wishes from Main Street.

As it turned out, we didn't quite get to Main Street. Instead, we found a spot on one of the Bridges leading from Tomorrowland into the Hub right in front of the Castle. It ended up being a great spot. We had the bridge railing to lean against and had a great view of Tinkerbell's flight from the Castle steeple. She flew almost right over us. I didn't get any photos because I was too busy with the camcorder. While I still haven't had time to sit down and view any of the video from our trip, I expect we will have some great footage of Tink.

Although our view of Tink was second to none from the Bridge, this was probably the worst place from which to escape the Park after Wishes ended. Of course there was the typical post-Wishes crush of people all down Main Street and the Hub. But instead of being in our unusual spot at the top of Main Street, we were literally behind everyone.

After a marathon session of baby steps all up Main Street, we finally got out of the Park and drove back home to the Beach Club, tired and satisfied with another great day behind us. :)

UP NEXT: A Birthday Breakfast at the Cape May Cafe

I'm glad that you managed to get everyone to stay for Wishes. You're right - it would have been such a shame to spend 10 days at WDW and not see the fireworks at Magic Kingdom.
Hope the video turns out great!

Beautiful castle pics! So glad you put your foot down and everyone stayed for Wishes. I bet Chris was going crazy in the crowd to get out.

I've watched the fireworks from that bridge before. You are right about it being a great spot for Tink, but a not so great spot to get out of the park. I'm glad you got to see Wishes though!

I love, love, love PhiHarMagic! It's at the top of my favorite attractions list!

I'm glad you put your foot down and didn't leave before Wishes! There is no way, unless someone was sick or injured, that I would have been leaving before Wishes without knowing that I'd be back to see it before the end of the trip!

Thanks KareBear!;) Yep....there is nothing like a long wand or sword to play around with during dinner for my kids.:rolleyes:

:lmao: I'm guessing much dueling occurs!!!!

I love how all the kids reach up for stuff in Philharmagic! It's so cute! It's such a well done show too.

Isn't it neat when Tink flies right over you? We have done the Wishes Dessert Party a couple times over on the Tomorrowland Noodle Station Terrace and she flies right over that too, so it's a great view of her. Was that a decent spot for the fireworks too? I kinda like being behind the crowd after Wishes instead of stuck in the middle of it all!

Your pictures are so good & clear. I'm with you, I love Mickey's Philharmagic. I have to see it multiple times each visit, it's just such a great show :thumbsup2

So barring the cattle walk out after wishes, did your DH & MIL enjoy the fireworks? We watched once from that little rose garden area a little below where you were positioned, it is a great spot to see Tinkerbell. But we went backwards to Tomorrowland for EMH hours which was probably more enjoyable than your walk out :idea:

I think it sounds like this day went pretty good for your disney resistent DH ;) I mean, he did stay for wishes when you insisted, afterall :goodvibes

Mickey's Philharmagic is my favorite attraction in Fantasyland--- like you, I love the music!
Oooo, that vantage point sounds GREAT for seeing Tink fly overhead! I'm glad you stuck to your guns and insisted that you stay for Wishes!

You have made me re-think not eating at CRT. Maybe we should give it a try! Looks like a nice meal and a good evening!

Amanda

great updates. We have an ADR for dinner at CRT (we always went for breakfast) and it will be our first diiner there and can't wait b/c now they have princesses at night. This was actaully requested by my 5 yr old son to eat at the castle at night and whats a mother do to but make her son happy:lmao: ...that's what I tell my husband.:rotfl:

Great update!

I love Philharmagic. I think it may be the one newer ride that I actually love as much as some of the older rides, even though I don't have any particular nostalgia for it.

I'm glad that you managed to get everyone to stay for Wishes. You're right - it would have been such a shame to spend 10 days at WDW and not see the fireworks at Magic Kingdom.
Hope the video turns out great!

Thank goodness I put my foot down is right because sure enough, that was our first and only time seeing Wishes from the Magic Kingdom that trip! I am really looking forward to watching all of our video from the trip...whenever I get a chance.:rolleyes:

Beautiful castle pics! So glad you put your foot down and everyone stayed for Wishes. I bet Chris was going crazy in the crowd to get out.

Yes...I seem to recall some displeasure being voiced on our walk out.:laughing:

I've watched the fireworks from that bridge before. You are right about it being a great spot for Tink, but a not so great spot to get out of the park. I'm glad you got to see Wishes though!

It is probably a spot I wouldn't flock to due to the post-fireworks crowds. But great spot from which to see Tink, that is for sure!;)

I love, love, love PhiHarMagic! It's at the top of my favorite attractions list!

I'm glad you put your foot down and didn't leave before Wishes! There is no way, unless someone was sick or injured, that I would have been leaving before Wishes without knowing that I'd be back to see it before the end of the trip!

:rotfl: Thank goodness is right! I really could not imagine or contemplate an 11 day trip to WDW without seeing Wishes from the Magic Kingdom at least once.

:lmao: I'm guessing much dueling occurs!!!!

I love how all the kids reach up for stuff in Philharmagic! It's so cute! It's such a well done show too.

Isn't it neat when Tink flies right over you? We have done the Wishes Dessert Party a couple times over on the Tomorrowland Noodle Station Terrace and she flies right over that too, so it's a great view of her. Was that a decent spot for the fireworks too? I kinda like being behind the crowd after Wishes instead of stuck in the middle of it all!

Yes, the bridge was also a great spot from which to see the fireworks, althoguh I have to admit: I do like front and center from the top of Main Street the best.:cloud9:

Your pictures are so good & clear. I'm with you, I love Mickey's Philharmagic. I have to see it multiple times each visit, it's just such a great show :thumbsup2

So barring the cattle walk out after wishes, did your DH & MIL enjoy the fireworks? We watched once from that little rose garden area a little below where you were positioned, it is a great spot to see Tinkerbell. But we went backwards to Tomorrowland for EMH hours which was probably more enjoyable than your walk out :idea:

I think it sounds like this day went pretty good for your disney resistent DH ;) I mean, he did stay for wishes when you insisted, afterall :goodvibes

Yes, for all the resistance, my MIL and Chris both enjoyed the fireworks. While Chris isn't the type to do the running commentary throughout the show, all I heard from my MIL is "Wow", "Look at that one...Look at that", ect. all throughout the show. She was definitely impressed.

However, as soon as it was over, they were right back to complaining about crowds, ect.:sad2: I have to admit...it really was starting to suck some of the joy out of the trip for me.:headache:

Mickey's Philharmagic is my favorite attraction in Fantasyland--- like you, I love the music!
Oooo, that vantage point sounds GREAT for seeing Tink fly overhead! I'm glad you stuck to your guns and insisted that you stay for Wishes!

If you are wanting a good spot from which to see Tink, there is no better spot. She literally flew right over us!

You have made me re-think not eating at CRT. Maybe we should give it a try! Looks like a nice meal and a good evening!

You definitely have to dine in CRT at least once! Afterall...how many castles have you eaten at?:laughing:

great updates. We have an ADR for dinner at CRT (we always went for breakfast) and it will be our first diiner there and can't wait b/c now they have princesses at night. This was actaully requested by my 5 yr old son to eat at the castle at night and whats a mother do to but make her son happy:lmao: ...that's what I tell my husband.:rotfl:

:rotfl: Too funny! I love that your son wants to go! You will LOVE it!!!:goodvibes

Great update!

I love Philharmagic. I think it may be the one newer ride that I actually love as much as some of the older rides, even though I don't have any particular nostalgia for it.

I agree...it is one of the best! :)

The Best Wishes Viewing Spot for Tinkerbell!!!

After dinner, we headed down the long windy staircase out of the Castle and into Fantasyland. First stop was Mickey's Philharmagic...a must-do on every trip. Once again it was so much fun seeing both kids grabbing at the various 3D items popping up all over the screen. Even at 7 years old, Katie still does this! I just L-O-V-E this attraction. So many favourite Disney characters and film scenes brought together with the most amazing musical score. What could possibly be better???

untitledevent-1139.jpg

untitledevent-1140.jpg

After that we headed over to Tommorowland. I love this place at dusk!

IMG_5507.jpg

IMG_5510.jpg

IMG_5512.jpg

IMG_5513.jpg

While we didn't have a whole lot of time before the fireworks, we decided to take a spin on the AstroOrbiter.

IMG_5514.jpg

This ride is almost as bad as Dumbo for having one of the slowest moving loading lines in the Park. I had hoped to also fit in a spin on the Tommorowland Transit Authority but by the time we got off the Orbiter it was time to stake out a spot for Wishes.

IMG_5518.jpg

IMG_5519.jpg

Will anyone be surprised to learn that Chris and his mother wanted to leave before Wishes? But I was having none of it. I knew if we didn't stay, we would likely not be back before the trip ended. And there was no way I was spending 10 nights in Walt Disney World and not watching at least one Wishes from Main Street.

As it turned out, we didn't quite get to Main Street. Instead, we found a spot on one of the Bridges leading from Tomorrowland into the Hub right in front of the Castle. It ended up being a great spot. We had the bridge railing to lean against and had a great view of Tinkerbell's flight from the Castle steeple. She flew almost right over us. I didn't get any photos because I was too busy with the camcorder. While I still haven't had time to sit down and view any of the video from our trip, I expect we will have some great footage of Tink.

Although our view of Tink was second to none from the Bridge, this was probably the worst place from which to escape the Park after Wishes ended. Of course there was the typical post-Wishes crush of people all down Main Street and the Hub. But instead of being in our unusual spot at the top of Main Street, we were literally behind everyone.

After a marathon session of baby steps all up Main Street, we finally got out of the Park and drove back home to the Beach Club, tired and satisfied with another great day behind us. :)

UP NEXT: A Birthday Breakfast at the Cape May Cafe

:rolleyes1 Even at 47 I still grab the 3 D objects in Mickey's Philharmagic!!! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter