how hot does it get in late aug?

giants77

Earning My Ears
i was wondering how hot it was down in disney world in late aug? and how are the lines?

I went last year in Aug (12th) and am going back this year in Aug (13th). It is very hot, but the lines were not bad. I think that has to do with in the south, kids go back to school early. Anyway, read these boards (tips board especially), and find out ways to beat the heat, and you'll be fine. You'll be in Disney, so it helps you deal with it better.

Hope you have a wonderful time! :wave2:

picture hell... only with the humidity :) oh and add a few more degrees...

it is hot! but dont let it scare you! Drink lots of water, start early, break in the afternoon... and GO GET EM! can't wait for my late august boiling!

We to are heading out in late August. And I have been warning my kids about the heat and the humidity, my son just laughs at me and reminds me that he survived the the BSA National Jamboree he feels that 92 degree weather will be a piece of cake. We will still be carring our fans and lots of water.
ten days and counting :cool1:

aengus said:
picture hell... only with the humidity :) oh and add a few more degrees...
I think it was John Candy in Cool Runnings that said, "It's not so much the heat, it's the humidity that'll kill you."

Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water, and rest if you think you need it.

I'm going late August my self the 25th to be exact, and I'm looking forward to it, so I heard its not as crowded due to the early school schedules!!!! :banana:

We always go when off-peak season starts which is usually around the 28th of August (cheaper rates). The other reason we pick that time of year is because the crowds/lines are low due to school starting. Mind you, the heat is a killer, like others have said drink plenty of water and take breaks during the day.

If you are going in late August keep in the mind the parks close a little earlier but we don't mind because we just head back to the hotel for some much needed swimming.

Have fun!! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter