How hard is it to do the Walgreens Rebate thing?

cruisnfamily

DIS Veteran
What exactly do you have to do? I was reading on the website but I'm not sure I follow

1~buy the stuff
2~keep your receipts 'til the end of the month with items circled on them
3~Do you need to cut UPCs?
4~Fill out some forms
5~Send forms, receipts, UPCs, etc in to Walgreens?

This sounds like a big pain in the butt if I have it right. Somebody tell me it's actually easier than it sounds and tell me step by step how to do it. Does Walgreens have a card like CVS?

1 yes buy stuff
2 keep receipts, circle items & write rebate number next to them
3 no upcs VERY NICE THING!!!
4 fill out one form, very easy
5 mail it all in. You can get an extra 10% back by getting your rebate in a GC. Once you have the GC they will just reload it for you so you get the money faster!

This is the easiest rebate that I have ever done.

WG does not have a card.

lbgraves said:
1 yes buy stuff
2 keep receipts, circle items & write rebate number next to them
3 no upcs VERY NICE THING!!!
4 fill out one form, very easy
5 mail it all in. You can get an extra 10% back by getting your rebate in a GC. Once you have the GC they will just reload it for you so you get the money faster!

WG does not have a card.
Thanks! Without the UPCs it does sound easier but when you read their program overview it says "save UPCs where indicated" or something like that and then I couldn't find anywhere that said what UPCs you might need so I was confused.

Writing the rebate number next to the item on the receipt seems like a little bit of a pain though.

Last question: Say there's a rebate for a particular item, if you buy 2 of that item, do you get 2 rebates? Or is there a limit of 1? Or does it vary rebate by rebate?

Most rebates have a limit of 1, however, certain things like VHS tapes often have a limit of 4 for example. Walgreens rebates are the easiest I've done. Just pick up a catalog, buy the items you want, circle and # your receipt, fill out form, and mail.

I do a lot of rebates but Walgreens is by far the easiest and most troublefree. They always credit the money to my gift card swiftly. I love their rebates.

I was very disappointed in the ones for the school supplies this year. Usually they have tons of items that are free after rebate and the like. Unless I just missed them, they had almost nothing this year.

Sheila

swilshire said:
I do a lot of rebates but Walgreens is by far the easiest and most troublefree.

We don't have a Walgreens, so I don't know how easy they are, but *I* really like Rite Aid's Rebate program. All you have to do is be registered on their site, and then when you purchase something at their store, you enter information from your receipt - the date, the store, register number and receipt number. Then whatever has a rebate "registers." At the end of the month, you get a reminder e-mail to request your check. You do that, and then you get a check in the mail. It's so easy. ::yes::

When I did it in previous years, I found that getting the rebate was very easy, as previous posters have said, but buying the items that had the rebate to start with wasn't easy at all. They were always out of at least half of the things I had wanted to buy, and it was such a nuisance trying to make an extended hunt for stuff all around the store with the kids along, which was nearly always the case. I finally decided, after making the rounds of all 3 Walgreens in our area and doing multiple visits during the rebate period, that it just wasn't worth the hassle, so I haven't done it since. Too bad, since the rebates really were a great deal when I *could* get them!

One year I bought nearly $50 of school supplies that were free after rebate, so I could donate them to the school's program for families that couldn't afford school supplies -- so all I had to pay was the tax on the purchases. It worked really well for that, since school supplies of any kind were needed and I didn't need to search for just certain items.

lbgraves said:
You can get an extra 10% back by getting your rebate in a GC. Once you have the GC they will just reload it for you so you get the money faster!

WG does not have a card.

This is my first month doing the Walgreens rebates. I didn't know about the extra 10% back for getting a GC. Can the GC be used for anything in the store? Specifically, the pharmacy? I get my prescription filled at Walgreens and it would be nice to be able to pay for it with a gift card every month. Thanks for any info.

This is my first month doing the WG rebate. So far I have $23.49 and I want to do the $10 Unilever deal this week. If I also do the Resolve and Tuff Trash bags then my amount will be $37.49. If I can finishe the $10 Colgate deal by the end of the month it will be $47.49. Wow! is all I can say.

I was skeptical at first, too. Then I picked up the August Easy Saver at Walgreens and it looks so easy. They have a form that lists all of the rebates. It makes it easy to see what is the number for your rebate. You fill out the form, circle and write the number of the rebate on your reciepts, and send it off. It does look very easy.

I'm seriously getting addicted to this stuff. :blush:

BethR said:
We don't have a Walgreens, so I don't know how easy they are, but *I* really like Rite Aid's Rebate program. All you have to do is be registered on their site, and then when you purchase something at their store, you enter information from your receipt - the date, the store, register number and receipt number. Then whatever has a rebate "registers." At the end of the month, you get a reminder e-mail to request your check. You do that, and then you get a check in the mail. It's so easy. ::yes::

I've been wondering about Rite Aid's program. I've never done it and didn't know how it worked. I may have to try it since it does sound easy. The next time I see a good deal I will definitely try it!

Lots more questions today!

Does the Walgreens Ad only come in the Sunday paper? I've seen it on Sundays but haven't paid much attention

Also, how do you get the rebate booklet? I know you can print it but can you also pick one up at the store?

The 7 day coupons are a separate thing from the rebates right?

If you get your rebates loaded onto a gift card, I assume that the following month you wouldn't have to pay cash for your items but could use the gift card, right? Then it wouldn't cost you anything. That seems too good to be true. I guess it depends on how much of a rebate you get.

cruisnfamily said:
Lots more questions today!

Does the Walgreens Ad only come in the Sunday paper? I've seen it on Sundays but haven't paid much attention

Yes.

Also, how do you get the rebate booklet? I know you can print it but can you also pick one up at the store?

In the store you can pick up the current month's Easy Saver catalog. It lists all the rebates, has Easy Saver coupons, and has the rebate form that you need to fill out. You can usually find them when you walk in by the weekly flyer and at the checkouts.

The 7 day coupons are a separate thing from the rebates right?

These will be in the weekly flyers.

If you get your rebates loaded onto a gift card, I assume that the following month you wouldn't have to pay cash for your items but could use the gift card, right? Then it wouldn't cost you anything. That seems too good to be true. I guess it depends on how much of a rebate you get.

It is true, but the first time you get the GC it will probably take a while to come in. When you re-load it in subsequent months your rebates will be available much sooner.

To me it's kind of like the CVS Extra Care bucks. I'm using these to buy other CVS deals, some of which qualify me for more ECB. It's a lovely thing!

planning06 said:
In the store you can pick up the current month's Easy Saver catalog. It lists all the rebates, has Easy Saver coupons, and has the rebate form that you need to fill out.
What are Easy Saver coupons? These are different from the 7 day coupons I guess. Are they good all month? What if you use one and then you want another of the item, could you them grab another rebate book to get another coupon?

Can the coupons(any Walgreens) be printed off the internet? I saw there was a choice to print when I zoomed in on the coupon but didn't know if these would be accepted as coupons at the store.

I'm getting geared up to try Walgreens starting next month now that it will be on the grocery game list for free. Just want to have all my ducks in a row so I'm ready to go.

Thanks for being patient with me! And thanks for all the responses! :love:

The easy saver book also has WG coupons that are good only at WG too. :) Combine these with sales during the month AND manufacturer's coupons & that should be a good deal too. :)

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WITH REBATES.....scan or make a copy of your receipts & forms. If they don't give you credit for everything, that is your only chance to get it fixed.

cruisnfamily said:
What are Easy Saver coupons? These are different from the 7 day coupons I guess. Are they good all month? What if you use one and then you want another of the item, could you them grab another rebate book to get another coupon?

They are WG coupons good all month. You can use as many as you want like a manufacturer coupon.

Can the coupons(any Walgreens) be printed off the internet? I saw there was a choice to print when I zoomed in on the coupon but didn't know if these would be accepted as coupons at the store.

It sounds like they can if they give you the choice to print. Never tried it.

Like Lisa said, combine the WG coupon with an manufacturer coupon with a good sale or good rebate and you have a really good deal. The only deal I've done so far this month is the following: I got a Colgate toothbrush, A Gillette Venus Razor, A Gillette Venus refill 4 pack, 2 packs of Always, and a Soft & Dry deoderant. After tax I paid $22.99 and I will get $23.49 back in rebates. I used sales, Easy Saver Coupons, and manufacurer coupons and qualified for 3 rebates.

Another Walgreens coupon question if you dont' mind.

The 7-day coupons say "limit 3" or "limit 4" or whatever. Does that mean you can get 3 or 4 of the item(whatever the limit is) with just ONE coupon?

Also, this is a CVS question~what does "clip free" mean? You don't need the actual coupon? Just your card?

Thanks!

cruisnfamily said:
Another Walgreens coupon question if you dont' mind.

The 7-day coupons say "limit 3" or "limit 4" or whatever. Does that mean you can get 3 or 4 of the item(whatever the limit is) with just ONE coupon?

Also, this is a CVS question~what does "clip free" mean? You don't need the actual coupon? Just your card?

Thanks!

Yes to the WG coupon question.

The CVS clip free coupon means that it will automatically ring up the credit if you use your CVS card. The coupon does not need to be scanned. The Walgreen 7 day coupons must be scanned.

cruisnfamily said:

Just to clarify what someone said earlier, you only need one Easy Saver coupon no matter how many items you buy. For example, if the coupon from the Easy Saver rebate book is for $2 off Pampers, you could buy 3 packages of Pampers, use one coupon, and it will automatically deduct $6.

A few other comments...depending on your area, sometimes it pays to get the freebies early in the month. I live in an area with lots of Walgreens so I usually don't have a problem, but sometimes items do go out of stock and don't get restocked in time.

Sometimes items aren't listed as free after rebate, but they'll put the item on sale and it ends up being free anyway. Look at the ads carefully each week.

Ditto what someone said earlier about making copies of all your submissions. It's your only defense if your rebate gets lost in the mail or they make an error.

These really are easy rebates to do. Over time I have gotten so much free stuff that I very rarely have to buy *any* toiletries. We could easily go for a year without buying shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, makeup, etc. The savings are worth the effort, IMO.

My question is by when do you have to submit your rebate form? I looked on the August Easy Saver and I don't see where it gives a final postmark date. I don't want to send it too late and not get my rebates!

Well, I just went to Walgreens yesterday and bought the Free After Rebate toothbrush and sent off for my gift card. Kind of a test run on the Walgreens rebate thing. The reason I did this is so that when I get ready to send off for my rebate next month, hopefully I'll already have the card and will get it credited quickly.

How long does it take to get the gift card the first time you send for it?

How long does it take in subsequent months to get your rebates credited to the card?

Thanks! Just getting ready to play at Walgreens next month with the help of the grocery game. I want to be all ready to run with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter