How early to get a waterside table at Blue Bayou?

I haven't been to BB since Cafe Orleans opened (could get the Monte Cristo there cheaper), but DH has gone to BB on EVERY trip he's ever taken to DL...so...Sept we'll be there again. I prefer the tables closest to the water...we will wait with no hesitations for one. This year we're doing a late lunch at 3pm. Doesn't matter how long we wait...we'll be waiting for a water table. We definitely think it's worth it (though come to think of it, I don't think I've ever sat anywhere else) - I love looking out over the water, and not seeing people all around me.

IMHO... A water side table is the ONLY way to go otherwise it is just a restaurant.

We will be there...waiting for our water side table on Tues 8/21 at 620pm!

Hi Dan, I think we got there around 11:10 or so...I remember lurking here back when I did it and the advice was to get there pretty early. I don't know how necessary it was having the first seating ressies of the day, but I wanted to be sure. I'll tell you one thing, there were people that had checked in ahead of me, and the line to make reservations day-of was astounding, much like the line USED to be years ago before they took PSs (I had to stand in that line with my Grandma who "forced" me to eat there on a trip when I was oh, about nine, but once I had a Monte Cristo I never looked back of course)....the people there were all dumbfounded and disappointed that they couldn't get in...lots of folks who knew the old system. It's too bad, really, a lot of people were making reservations for later in the week, but for folks that waited until their last day or whatever were really bummed.

We ended up sitting on the step to the restaurant since all the benches were taken and I was so nervous, and then of course we were called in after the first three or four parties and got a perfect seat on the edge of the water. I agree with all others, if you aren't on the water it's just a dark restaurant.

Have a great time!! Good luck getting your PS!

I freaking love YOU guys! I mean where else can you find this kind of info? I'm always telling my TA stuff that she doesn't know. "How do you know this?" The DIS!!!

BTW, I did get my 11:30!!!

I was there a couple weeks ago...we had reservations for 12:50. We got there at 12:30 and requested waterside, and were seated about 12:50.

It was really fun. Yes, it's an expensive meal, but I did think it was good and I'm a foodie. I couldn't eat it all either, they don't skimp. My ten year old had a ball waving to the people in the boats and many of them waved back. As we sat there and our eyes adjusted to the dark, we could start to see things that you couldn't see on the ride - the ceiling for example. :) It was cool and pretty and a unique experience, well worth the money we spent.

Thanks for this thread!

I had no problems getting a weekday 11:30 PS for mid-September, and now I know about when to checkin to get waterside! If that's even an issue with that earliest seating. :)

We have the best time being dorky there! I egged my then 5 yo son into waving at the boats. We had a contest to see how many people we could get to wave at us. It was really fun. It makes eating there entertainment. (And most people are in good humor and wave back!) THAT is why you must be waterside to eat here!! You can't be waving at people from the middle of the room! People would think you were nuts. :wave:

Just wanted to update you all!

We got our waterside table and it was fabulous!

Our reservation was for 11:50. The day before we asked the CM at the front desk at BB what the best strategy would be and she suggested showing up at 11:20 to put our names down and see what happens. So we tried that, but the CM on our reservation day said we couldn't check in until 11:40. So we took a raft over to Pirates Lair (Tom Sawyer Island), walked around to check things out for a few minutes, and came back at 11:45. We said we'd wait for waterside, no matter how long. She said it would be about 45 minutes. But we had a nice spot to sit on a bench in the shade and people watch and they let me run out for Splash FPs when our window opened up, so no big deal. In the end, we only actually waited about 30 minutes and it was a welcome break from the heat and crowds.

The lunch was great! Food was pretty good and you can't beat the atmosphere. Topped it all off with a cookie boat for desert.

Thanks for your help!

THis thread rocks!
I am a DL newbie and after reading this thread will be booking the BB for our Dec trip!ANd of course will try for a 11:30 ressie with a waterview table:cool1:

Oh, and the CMs at the front desk of BB on both days confirmed that 11:30 reservations are guaranteed waterside. Wish we'd realized that when my friend first booked the reservation!

What is the first seating time for dinner reservations? Which do you enjoy more, lunch or dinner?

jmcalister

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter