How early to get a waterside table at Blue Bayou?

Lindymom

Mouseketeer
We have a priority seating reservation for 11:45 at the Blue Bayou and we want to do whatever it takes to get a waterside table. I've read on a trip report here that the wait was an extra hour for waterside. What if we get there well before the reservation? At what time do they start taking names for the waterside tables? Would getting there at 11:15 work?

Thanks!

They only let you check in about I believe it was about 15 minutes early. When we went last november we also wanted a riverside table so we went in half an hour early and they wouldn't let us check in yet, so we went and did another ride and came back, we asked for a river side table and they said it would be an additional half hour wait, however we ended up only waiting a maximum of 10 minutes.

Try to check in early but know that they may not let you, as we were turned away half an hour early. Also be prepared to wait, if you really want the water side table than the wait is worth it.

We had ressies on a Sunday in Juy for 11:30 (the first seating of the day) and we checked in about 11:20. We were the first seated so we got waterside seating. I'd try getting there abour 5-10 minutes earlier than your ps and try checking in. If at all possible I'd even find out what time the first seating for lunch is and change your ps to that time with a request for waterside. If the 1st seating is at 11:30 and your ps is at 11:45, I'm guessing they'll fill up thewaterside with the 11:30 reservations. We've eaten there 3 times and have had a waterside table twice.

I agree with victorandbellasmom. Is there is no way you can change your reservation time? I think the 11:30 PS's will be seated first and they will probably get all the waterside tables regardless of what time you check in. If you check in a little early, you may get a "second row" table. Otherwise, you can ask to wait, but you will be waiting an hour or so. I've tended to check in around 11:15 for a 11:30 PS and have gotten waterside. (Second row tables are not bad)...

I'd try to change my PS to 11:30, and if that was not possible, perhaps something later (like 12:15). If you get a later PS, still check in around 15 minutes early and request to wait for a waterside table. It could be a long wait. I'm just thinking that they may not want you to wait for a waterside when your PS is for 11:45 since all the watersides would have just been seated.

I was told by a CM that there are 13 waterside tables and they take 13 reservations for the first seating at 11:30 am. If you have 11:30 ressies, you are guaranteed a water side table. So I agree with the above poster that you should either change your ressie to 11:30, or plan on not having waterside unless you are willing to wait.

We wanted to check in early in June, but got stuck for over an hour on POTC! So we got there right at our reservation time. But believe it or not we only waited 5 minutes for a water table. Granted it was right next to the kitchen, but still had a nice view!

We had 1130 ressie's and were told that since we had reservations at 1130 we were garunteed a waterside table even with the six of us.
It was well worth the early lunch.

Jack

We wanted to check in early in June, but got stuck for over an hour on POTC! So we got there right at our reservation time. But believe it or not we only waited 5 minutes for a water table. Granted it was right next to the kitchen, but still had a nice view!

That's where we sat too!!!

We ate at BB just a few weeks ago... :)

Our reservations were at 11:30AM (which is the earliest possible) and we checked in at 11:15.

We got seated at a waterside table and honestly I don't see what the big deal is....it was pitch black and I couldn't see anything...:confused3 I swear I have good eyesight....:rotfl2: but I don't think I could see anything that the tables that didn't have a waterside view could see. :)

The lunch was very good though. :thumbsup2

Thank you all for your advice! The 11:30 reservations were booked, so we're stuck with 11:50. Sounds like getting there much before the reservation time won't really help since the waterside tables will all have started at 11:30 I guess I'll plan on checking in a bit early and then agreeing to wait up to an hour for a waterside table, hoping to get one in the second round at around 12:30. The three of us are very committed to getting waterside since we're new to DL (WDW vets) and it's so unique to DL.

Thanks!

Good luck..since there are only 3 of you I think you have a better chance.

Jack

We just asked for a riverside table, they told us it would take a little extra time. Honestly, doesn't EVERYTHING at Disney take a little extra time?? Since it was our 1st trip to DL, we wanted a riverside. The atmosphere is really nice, the desert is really nice, the rest of the food is so-so, and overpriced.

enjoy your visit - we did, but I doubt that we will go back there, unless it's just for the desert.

We just asked for a riverside table, they told us it would take a little extra time. Honestly, doesn't EVERYTHING at Disney take a little extra time?? Since it was our 1st trip to DL, we wanted a riverside. The atmosphere is really nice, the desert is really nice, the rest of the food is so-so, and overpriced.

enjoy your visit - we did, but I doubt that we will go back there, unless it's just for the desert.

Much depends on the time of the year. If you go during the busy season expect not to get in. We went last year on a Sat and people were being told come back Monday, this also was mid August.

I know people I travel with on business to NY have no trouble paying 3 times as much for a meal and the food is no better. It all depends on your tastes, if it is a good day at the BB(like any other place) and if you can afford the price.

Jack

What is the water slide view? Dont know much about the resturants and just now doing my homework to find so good places to go when we are there in December. We will be there the 11th thru the 17th. Hopefully getting into places wont be to bad.

well, NY sucks for being over-priced then - that wasn't the point I was trying to make.

My point still stands - if you can get a water side view (which is inside the POTC attraction), and just go to enjoy yourself, you will probably have a good time - HOWEVER, between the 4 of us - NONE thought that the food was that good - especially at the price they charge.

There are a lot of people on this board, ranging from Conciernge, do anything don't care the cost to the SAVED for mulitple years to come, and have to stay at a budget place, and watch every penny. Then there's everyone else in between. Some people might want to skip this high priced restaurant, and save their money for something else. Just my 2 cents.

Oh, and btw, we went during President's week, which is one of the busiest periods that Disney has.

Honestly it's not something we'll put on our "must do" list for every trip. It was a nice special treat. Something we wanted to do at least once in our lives. Sadly the ride was still broken down from when we got stuck on it, and we never got to see one boat go by! It was pretty cool eating inside of a ride basically, and we did enjoy our food. It wasn't the BEST food we've ever had type of meal. But it was good. I mean honestly I don't go to Goofy's Kitchen because I think it's the best buffet either. And we can easily spend $100 on that meal as well. It's all about the atmosphere for both character meals and BB IMO.

We very well may eat there again (hopefully when POTC is working!), but it's not something we'd have to do every trip, that's for sure.

My point still stands - if you can get a water side view (which is inside the POTC attraction), and just go to enjoy yourself, you will probably have a good time - HOWEVER, between the 4 of us - NONE thought that the food was that good - especially at the price they charge. (Quote)

There are a lot of people on this board, ranging from Conciernge, do anything don't care the cost to the SAVED for mulitple years to come, and have to stay at a budget place, and watch every penny. Then there's everyone else in between. Some people might want to skip this high priced restaurant, and save their money for something else. Just my 2 cents.

We all have our opinions that is what is nice about the board. My DGF works two jobs and I also, some of what goes to going to Disneyland. We are not of the concierge genre. It would be nice, just not our world.
When you travel with a family of 6, 14-21 for the kids, nothing is inexpensive. I do not feel that Disney makes it easy to travel with a larger family. When we BB, most will only have dessert because they do not care for the food, but they love the atmosphere(we always go mid August) and it is a nice afternoon break. I would hate to see people shy away from the BB just because they think they are upscale. NOTHING is inexpensive in Disneyland.

Have a great day,

Jack

I guess we've gotten lucky the two times we've been to BB. Jan 06, we didnt have ressies, asked at checking if they had room, set it up for 2:30. It was around 2. Came back in 1/2 hour, waited 15 minutes and had a waterside table. How's that for Disney Magic!? Dec 06, we had ressies for 2:30 (we like eating a late, larger lunch...) walked in at 2:25, and was immediately seated waterside. Fabulous time both times. I guess I'll be disappointed this Dec if we don't get waterside. Ah, well...

No to be a buzzkill, but I would guess an 11:50 reservation would be the LEAST likely reservation all day to have a shot at a waterside table. Why? Well the restaurant starts seating at 11:30, most if not all of those parties want water too, and they all just started. There won't be any variance to when those tables are done. I would guess that the next best shot at waterfront is going to be 12:15 at the earliest. Of course throughout the day tables finish and are reset and seated at varying times opening up the possibility randomly, but your best shot is the first reservation, and the worst shot has got to be the next available time. If you want waterside, and can't book for 11:30, I'd try 12:15 or 12:30, I think you'd be better off then, requesting waterside and waiting for it to open up even if that means you were the first PS to check in but wait until say the 4th or 5th 12:30 table becomes available.

We did our 60 day advance call for reservations at BB in Nov 05 and I booked the first seating. We got there early, checked in, waited, and we were seated 4th or 5th, in one of the prime water spots. It was great. If you can pull it off it's definitely worth it.

Noryglory, what time did you check in for your 11:30 reservation? We plan on booking at the 60 day mark for an 11:30 seating but are unsure what time to check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter