How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?*Final Thoughts & Farewells* 10/7 p100

It all about the Food!

I was totally intrigued by the tin the cast member put in front of us. She was actually giving instructions on how to open it. The food on this trip was billed as a "snack". I think it was way better than any snack I normally eat.

It was all quite good and I tried, and liked, everything. Who's surprised by that? I found the quantity to be adequately filling without being over filling. I think it probably had the right amount of protein, fat, and carbs for extended fuel. Perfect.

It was SO yummy! And that jungle juice, I know I had at least 2 cups. Definitely not what I'd call a snack, it was really a full meal. Which was good as I was starving!

Here we are getting ready to enjoy our meals.

IMG_3158.jpg

We also got to refill our water bottles and partake of jungle juice, should we desire. (BTW - that's chatty Cathy on the left - ready to put her two cents in because she probably researched the food)

Now - no trip to a "survivor" hut would be complete without a trip to the bathroom, and no trip to the bathroom would be complete without a camera, especially since one of the girls told me how pretty it was.

IMG_3156.jpg

Tile Everywhere!

IMG_3150.jpg

Group shots:

IMG_3166.jpg

IMG_3176.jpg

Sorry I sent you the wrong pics! We will have to trade, I want your trek pictures!

Great group pics and I love the bathroom shots! It was such a pretty pretty spot, incredibly well done in every aspect, I definitely felt like a rockstar just being there. Or on an episode of the bachelor. :rotfl:

MaryEllen, more stunning photos -- thank you. That juice is heavenly. And a big reason we go to Boma every year for the breakfast. :thumbsup2

I had to bounce, it was one of my favorite things to do! And honestly, unless you do it in the middle it didn't really make it shake that much.

Cynthia, and here I thought you were "bouncing like Tigger" to shake up Chatty Cathy. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Awesome review of the Trek ladies! Now I want to do the tour just for the lunch and the bathroom break.

The hippo does look cute and shiny, but I wouldn't want to get much closer!!!

That snack is so nice! I don't normally snack on edible flowers either! I love the little tin it's in too. And that bathroom is so pretty with all of the tile!

I had to bounce, it was one of my favorite things to do! And honestly, unless you do it in the middle it didn't really make it shake that much.

I think you were trying to bounce Chatty Cathy up in the air! :lmao:

It was SO yummy! And that jungle juice, I know I had at least 2 cups. Definitely not what I'd call a snack, it was really a full meal. Which was good as I was starving!

It really was quite tasty. I totally enjoyed it!

Sorry I sent you the wrong pics! We will have to trade, I want your trek pictures!

No problem. I just need to access them somehow because I still want to make everyone a photobook and I'd like to use some of the poses.

In the meantime - post them here because I probably do another installment in the middle of the week.

Great group pics and I love the bathroom shots! It was such a pretty pretty spot, incredibly well done in every aspect, I definitely felt like a rockstar just being there. Or on an episode of the bachelor. :rotfl:

It really was a lovely spot. It was very VIP-ish!

MaryEllen, more stunning photos -- thank you. That juice is heavenly. And a big reason we go to Boma every year for the breakfast. :thumbsup2

Definitely a wonderful addition to every meal and I have this thing where I don't like to drink calories (except booze), but I made an exception for the juice.

Cynthia, and here I thought you were "bouncing like Tigger" to shake up Chatty Cathy. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

:lmao: That's exactly what I said. It was subliminal!!!!!

That bathroom does look very pretty! And so modern for being in the middle of the jungle! ;)

Nothing like a Disney bathroom. They know how to go all out and it really raises the bar for what you expect in a bathroom.

Awesome review of the Trek ladies! Now I want to do the tour just for the lunch and the bathroom break.

Sorry Glenn - I don't think the men's BR was nearly as nice. :rotfl2: Psych - just kidding. (I have no idea what the men's looked like, although if I could have seen it, you know I would have posted pictures). ;)

I think Glenn has a thing for bathrooms! There's no other explanation! :laughing:

The hippo does look cute and shiny, but I wouldn't want to get much closer!!!

Yeah - that was definitely close enough. Now that I know what their mouths can do, they scare me. Alot! :eek:

That snack is so nice! I don't normally snack on edible flowers either! I love the little tin it's in too. And that bathroom is so pretty with all of the tile!

I actually wore my flower around AK until I finally lost it. :sad2:

Sorry Glenn - I don't think the men's BR was nearly as nice. :rotfl2: Psych - just kidding. (I have no idea what the men's looked like, although if I could have seen it, you know I would have posted pictures). ;)

I can't believe that you didn't sneak any pictures of the men's room. And here I thought you were dedicated to your DIS followers. :sad2: ;)

Awwww...love the pictures of you guys on the tour!!! Wasn't it absolutely fantastic!!! I loved it!!!

That has to be the prettiest bathroom in all of Africa LOL!! I have to admit I took pictures of it in January too LOL!!! The tile work is amazing!!

The "snack" was delicious! SO GOOD!!!!!!

Glad you guys had a great time!!!

Mmm the food looks great and that fuel would keep me going for a while! :rotfl:

I love how pretty that bathroom is and your group photos look great!

I can't believe that you didn't sneak any pictures of the men's room. And here I thought you were dedicated to your DIS followers. :sad2: ;)

You know that if there was anyway I could accomplish that without everyone on the tour thinking I was nuts, I would have. Sorry! :laughing:

Awwww...love the pictures of you guys on the tour!!! Wasn't it absolutely fantastic!!! I loved it!!!

It was really fun! We all totally enjoyed it! Thanks for your great endorsement!

That has to be the prettiest bathroom in all of Africa LOL!! I have to admit I took pictures of it in January too LOL!!! The tile work is amazing!!

It really was lovely. I especially love the floor! So cool!

The "snack" was delicious! SO GOOD!!!!!!

I loved the snack. I could eat that everyday for lunch. Perfect!

Glad you guys had a great time!!!

We really did. Thanks! :thumbsup2

Mmm the food looks great and that fuel would keep me going for a while! :rotfl:

The food was really good. It was creatively presented and so yummy. It was also obviously portioned controlled, which I appreciated.

I love how pretty that bathroom is and your group photos look great!

Thanks. We had a blast. :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: MEK I remember telling you that you HAD to go and take pictures of the loo!! I just loved the tile on the floor and knew we would have to share them on the TR! :laughing:

It was a truly wonderful lunch. :goodvibes I did eat some of the flower :flower3:...there was one thing in there that I didn't like :confused3 but I don't remember what.

Hmmmm I bet the jungle juice would be mighty tasty with some mango rum ;)

Tracy

:rotfl2: MEK I remember telling you that you HAD to go and take pictures of the loo!! I just loved the tile on the floor and knew we would have to share them on the TR! :laughing:

So it was YOU! :laughing: I knew it was somebody!!!!! And - yes, of coruse we had to share!!!!

:It was a truly wonderful lunch. :goodvibes I did eat some of the flower :flower3:...there was one thing in there that I didn't like :confused3 but I don't remember what.

I do remember that not everyone liked everything in their tin, but there wasn't one thing I didn't like. I loved it all!

:Hmmmm I bet the jungle juice would be mighty tasty with some mango rum ;)

Tracy

Oh - how I would love that combo right now!!!! I did enjoy the mango rum, but I do believe that was later in the day!

Does anyone know how high that bridge is? I'm afraid of heights but would really like to do the tour.
The whole experience looks like so much fun!:goodvibes

Does anyone know how high that bridge is? I'm afraid of heights but would really like to do the tour.
The whole experience looks like so much fun!:goodvibes

Its 40 feet (I think). I'm not super fond of heights (like those 200 ft roller coasters - I can't look down) and this seemed like a piece of cake. I really think you would be fine. There is a trial bridge in the very beginning and knowing that the bridge was so safe and we were practically bolted in our vest was very reassuring.

I had a nice update all written with the photopass pics, went to post them and realized somehow they uploaded HUGE to my PB site. I need to re upload at a smaller size, they are gargantuan. So...a little patience, I should be able to get them up in the next day or 2.

Sorry!

More great pics! Your snack looks really yummy and kind of an elegant camping lunch - gotta love the jungle juice:thumbsup2

I had a nice update all written with the photopass pics, went to post them and realized somehow they uploaded HUGE to my PB site. I need to re upload at a smaller size, they are gargantuan. So...a little patience, I should be able to get them up in the next day or 2.

Sorry!

That's a bummer! I guess we can wait. :laughing:

More great pics! Your snack looks really yummy and kind of an elegant camping lunch - gotta love the jungle juice:thumbsup2

Thanks! Our "snack" was super yummy. Yes - an elegant camping lunch is a great description, complete with jungle juice.

The Jungle trek looks awesome!! Sounds like between Chatty Cathy and the guides you can actually learn a lot about the animals. :rotfl2:

Cant wait to hear what you guys do next. Great TR.

The Jungle trek looks awesome!! Sounds like between Chatty Cathy and the guides you can actually learn a lot about the animals. :rotfl2:

Cant wait to hear what you guys do next. Great TR.

:welcome: Feyrerm!!! Thanks for stopping by! The African Trek was a ton of fun, but trust me when I say that I learned way more from the guide then I did from Chatty Cathy. :rotfl: The guides totally knew their stuff. They were awesome.

As far as the next update - I think I will do one tonight and I hope Cynthia posts the PP pics soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter