How do you tell friends and family...

well, tell them, and if they give you attitude, eliminate them. :earseek:

luckily my in laws are disney freaks, my parents have no interest have tried to invite them to go, but they don't wanna, so i say "there loss!"

Oh Man! don't you hate when they roll their eyes and wonder why you need to go back 'again' :rolleyes:

They just don't get it. :guilty:

People have stopped being surprised when we say we're going back ... now they just say "When's your next trip" or "Can you help us plan a trip". :p :p :p :p

Invite them:D
Thats what I did with my MIL thought she might really enjoy it and we will have someone to take DS with so we can finaly get to paradise Isle

Most of the time they just ask when the next is. They know we're going, it's just a matter of when.

Isnt it fun to see their faces when they are told you are going again!!!! Some people do not understand the whole Orlando experience!!

I'm not telling anyone except my mom and that's because I have to tell her. She's keeping my DS7.

How about just leaving a message on the answering machine--"Sorry we can't come to the phone.......we're probably at Disney World again! Leave a message and we'll call ya when we get back......BEEP!!!

I never bring it up, but if it comes up because of something else I say it casually. I know people think we are crazy. We were going to skip 2005 altogether, but then Penny came up with this whole Project X thing and we just didn't want to miss out. It was like trying to diet and someone waving a box of candy in front of you :flower: .

We ARE going to start keeping our Disney trips to once a year. We want to visit other places and see other things, and we can't do that if we always go to Disney. So DH and I decided that spring break will be our Disney trip (need to go someone warm in March anyway), and in the summer we will go somewhere else (too hot at Disney at that time).

Now we will see if we can stick to this plan. The Project X trip is the only trip we have planned for this year, and I have one planned for March 2006 on the Disney Cruise.

DJ

Well when we tell my Mom she says "I want to come!", which is fine. But this time we are going with friends. And while my Mom is cool :cool1: it would be a little strange having her tag along. So this time I had to figure out how to break it to her that she could not come. :guilty:

I made it up to her though, by telling her we can all go back later this year! :grouphug:

When we tell my inlaws thoug, they complain we are not coming to see them.

What kind of a vacation is a week at your inlaws house? Just the thought of sitting in their house for a week watching my father in law, watching poker on tv! YIKES! :scared1:

So we dont tell them. They live far away, so they don't know if we are here or not...LOL! We just call them a few days before we leave & talk like nothing is happening. :chat: Then we call them when we get home & tell them where we were. And the only reason we even tell them that is because they will see the pictures on our website...LOL :angel:

We just planned a spur of the moment spring break trip and the first thing we decided was NOT to tell DH's parents. They are very, very frugal - MIL thinks I was raised like Paris Hilton because I always had Christmas pajamas and birthday parties :rolleyes: - and we get a lecture about our "extravagent" lifestyle pretty often. So we just tell my parents who say, "Have fun - here's a little money :earboy2: " and our friends who laugh and say, "Again?" and then I'm sure talk about how wierd we are all the way home! :earboy2:

I don't have to tell my co-workers. They figure it out when I start scarfing up all the overtime available. :teeth:

My mom, just doesn't get it. She does, however applaud my ways of saving $$ on my trip. (mostly by tips from the DIS). She is now sending questions my way, from her friends and co-workers, who she thinks is spending too much.

I have no problem with the DD or DS its the spouse - I think he only agrees to go because we like it so much - this year I had to promise he could have three rounds of golf ---- fine with us - my DD and I are going to try a spa treatment at the GF - anyone ever done it - any recommendations would be great..... I want to try and get back there in November - might be just the kids and me though - that would be ok too!!!!

When I told them I was going again for 12 days, I hear, "ohhh thats so much money!" Well its our money! My parents always took us on vacation every year! They used there income tax money. When I look back on my childhood I remember all the trips and fun we had! My in-laws have money and never took there kids anywhere!
Now I can say the longer you stay the cheaper it is!!!! LOL

I also say you just never know when your number is up! Im going to do what I want to do! I dont want to look back and say, "I should of done this or that. Im going to work hard and do it!"

Im going to live like I was dying!

Usually...

Guess what? We are going to WDW!!! When they say ...AGAIN??? I just smile and say...yep! :earsgirl:

:goodvibes I'm with you guys, I get the rolling eyes, the not agains, and don't you ever get sick of that place! And I proudly say everytime I love it and I think of it as a memory we created everytime we go! So my kids will think of those memories as they get older and hopefully have the ability to keep it up with their families! :rotfl:

I usually say "Florida." When pressed I say "Disney" If I get the "again!" thing, I usually get off on a tangent about airfares-- the NYC-Florida market is really competitive these days, and I tell them with airfares as cheap as they've been the last couple years, it's crazy NOT to go.

Which is complete horse manure of course, sure we all love the $105 round trip tix, but the savings are a drop in a bucket compared to the total cost of on-site accomodations, theme park tickets, that food, the STUFF.... but I convince them we're doing it for the bargain. Everyone can appreciate taking advantage of a bargain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter