How do you tell friends and family...

jkovick said:
How about just leaving a message on the answering machine--"Sorry we can't come to the phone.......we're probably at Disney World again! Leave a message and we'll call ya when we get back......BEEP!!!

Good idea!! I think I want this on my cell phone as well!! "Sorry we missed your call, we'll call you as soon as possible, if you don't hear from us in a couple of days, you know we're in Florida enjoying the sun!" Beeep!

I don't let my family know until a few days before we leave. One time I didn't tell anyone in the family, I guess my mil got furious. I didn't want to tell her or anyone cause I know what kind of reaction I am gonna get. Though my mil doesn't say anything, I could just hear her inside voice, "Why? Again? And Again?"

When they say..."It's too expensive!" I just want to tell them, "wanna help us pay for the trip?"

We don't even try and justify it anymore because they just don't get it :rolleyes: . It's our lives and it's what makes us happy :earboy2: . As long as we are keeping the electric on ;) and feeding the kids :rotfl: , they shouldn't be concerned. Actually we seriously wouldn't go so often if it meant giving up the kids college fund, but we are lucky and will spend our hard earned time and money as we choose, but thanks for their concern :) . Instead of telling them, direct them to this post :teeth: .

I can't believe this was brought up!!!!!!

First off, I have to say that when I get down to Disney, I feel like I am HOME... :lovestruc
When you go through a lot of changes and the world is flying by and you get down to Disney everything is just so Happy. I am in a Disney State of Mind..
I mean, of course not everything is perfect, but you know what? In Disney, it just about is. Everyone is telling you to have a nice day, people are smiling, the CM do nice things for you, everything is clean and kept up. Who the heck wouldn't want to go there? I just don't get non-Disney people........
I mean, a beach is a beach, whether it's on Long Island or in the Carribean, that's what I think.. :fish:
Everyone I know says the same thing, my dad, the In-Laws, all our friends, my coworkers, Everyone, including my DH....
But my DH gets me going, you know?
I'll get something in the mail from a timeshare saying,
"come down and stay 4 night 5 day for $99"
and Ed will say,
Hey, they're almost giving it away! :earboy2:
And then I'll run and check Southwest fares which, when we normally go in Sept/Oct are Super Cheap...

Last October we didn't go because of the Cruise we planned..My plan was to go down for Halloween Horror Nights with some friends, whoever wanted to go.
But one of my friends suggested last Spring, "Why don't we all get together and take the Disney Cruise?"
You know who jumped on that.... :rolleyes1
Well, now the trip still isn't all paid for and I hear about every day how "I" put this trip together...But it wasn't my suggestion!! I just followed through!

I told my husband if he really wants to go somewhere, check it out online or go to a travel agent and Follow Through! But after almost 13 years being together, it still hasn't happend. So what I am supposed to do??!?!
Not go on vacation!?!?!? :rotfl:

DH says, After this Cruise, that's it for Disney!!!!....

That's what HE thinks!!!!! :scratchin

C O R R Y N :earsgirl: = ::MickeyMo D I S N E Y
And No One Is Gonna Change Me!! ::yes::

TigrLvsPooh said:
People have stopped being surprised when we say we're going back ... now they just say "When's your next trip" or "Can you help us plan a trip". :p :p :p :p

LOL...I think that is how it is for us too, with our friends anyway. My parents are just as much Disney freaks as my DH and I.

:cheer2: Three cheers for Disney! lol... ;)

My whole family are Disney freaks as well. We all get excited for eachother when one of our families are going. I guess we're lucky. I do get a little attitude by coworkers, they don't matter :-)

I GLAD most people don't get "it!" Just think if they did....

We do a lot of National Park camping/backpacking. Our camping friends feel like we have "fallen" from the true faith. They would not understand Disney, so I don't try to explain it to them. Those of us here know--It's a feeling when you enter WDW. It's special, it's like entering a dream. It's like being a child again. But all most people think of is the money. Ask someone how much money it would cost to make them feel young and happy, and they wouldn't know. We Disney people know--it costs a bundle!
teeth.gif

But it's worth every nickel.

DW works at our church. Our pastor noticed she was going to be gone a week in February. He asked what we were going to do that week. She told him & he :rolleyes: & said, "Well, imagine that. They're going to Disneyworld again!"

This is the same guy who said, "I'd rather be dragged naked through a rock quarry than go to Disneyworld." :eek:

His wife loves WDW, so he has to go occasionally. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter