How do YOU pass the time before your next visit home?

kaf7878

Disney Addict!
Just curious--how do you pass the time before your next trip....daily visits to the board, planning, watching Disney videos, what??

Let's see.... I go to work for seven days, then I am on these boards for the next seven, then I go to work for....
Holy, Moly! Thanx for pointing out that I have no life! :teeth:

Why visiting the DIS! It's the perfect "fix" for those of us who miss our Home Away From Home.

I also have a lot of Disney CD's that I listen to. Nothing like a little Mickey music when you're driving.:D :D :D

Planning. Replanning. Checking all the web sites in case something new has just opened, which will of course mean more planning.

Waking up in the middle of the night and thinking about calling to check on BWV points. Spending waking hours talking self back out of call.

Looking ahead to 2004, then 2005. Starting to wonder about 2006 now.

Dropping tidbits I've learned from the web to DH, who gets the FUNNIEST look on his face. He may seriously be considering having me commited.

Going back over plans and marking each food event (which is half the reason we vacation) with the date I can make the PS.

Realizing we have no morning at Epcot planned, which probably means we won't get into Mission: Space. This of course requires a massive rework of the whole 7 days.

Making sure I have a backup of my original plan from 3 months ago, just in case I decide it's the best one, after all.

Going back to all web sites in case someone posted something REALLY IMPORTANT that I need to incorporate into THE PLAN.

Dropping into bed each night totally exhausted, with bloodshot eyes from staring at a computer all day long, because of course my job is supporting computer products, which I do from home, which means at every lull I am surfing those Disney sites...

And just as I'm dropping off to sleep, hearing a little tiny voice that sounds much like my old pal Mickey, whispering in my ear "You have GOT to get a grip..."

Planning, and dreaming of the next trip home!!! Oh yeah occasionally I work too.;)

DIS Boards, other Disney sites, Disney store, Disney movies, Disney CDs, DIS Boards, Pins, Coordinating two use years and APs for maximum enjoyment

bbowers - you have it right regarding planning and replanning three years out - which resorts, which months, etc. Have software for point management, second program for trip planning, then a third for specifics of the next trip -- although we have general guidelines for how we spend our days it is primarily to facilitate PS decisions.

Reviewing contracts on Timeshare Store site. I have a spreadsheet for contract analysis.

Right now I am watching the travel channel special on Disney Cruise Line (which I also have on tape)

Did I mention DIS boards?

Checking the Member Guidebook almost daily. Maybe the point schedule has magically changed overnight and we can afford an extra trip! Or maybe I counted wrong the last 20 times I checked and I might "find" an extra 100 points or so.

Every time I teach a screaming child to swim, get water shoved up my nose, and get kicked in various places, I remember the monetary benefits that will lead back to WDW. I think my main saving grace is my screen saver of digital photos which I modify to use the photo files from our most recent trip. Every morning when I sit down at my computer to check emails, I relive part of the last trip before I "wake" my puter. My 2 year old granddaughter does the same thing when she visits, so I often join her and we talk about each photo. Makes me restless for the next trip, but also brings back many happy memories.

Checking the Disboards daily and planning, then replanning our next vacation. Also using DVC Manager to figure all different vacation options, then refiguring as if extra points will magically appear! Once you're hooked on Disney, there's no cure.:D

Pretty much what everyone else has said. Visiting the DIS daily. We have lots of Disney Cd's to listen to. We've got a couple of trips planned and booked so the planning, research for those is always fun.

When all else fails and I need a Disney fix I pull out my scrapbooks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter