How do you keep camera and electronics from getting wet

Zip locks bags are great to have with you. I usually put a little bottle of Advil & a few band aids in a zip lock bag too.

LowePro sells an entire line of AW bags, which are normal camera bags with a pull-out raincoat, at prices ranging from $50 up through a few hundred, which work very well, and work as normal camera bags when you're not getting wet. Also, depending on your body and lens and their level of weather sealing, the only ride that may be an issue is Kali.

Splash Mountain you may get splashed but it's momentary, nothing a 70D or D7000 or better can't handle so long as you have a decent first party lens with some weather sealing (my D7200 and 16-85 handle it no problem), and Fantasmic doesn't get you wet at all. Kali you may come out dry, or completely soaked and drenched. LowePro's AW bags will keep your stuff dry during this, I've used them in pouring rain for hours and although I was soaked through my rain gear, my camera stayed dry.

Thanks that helps a lot

I would get a locker for Kali, personally. I just don't trust Ziploc bags with my DSLR on a ride where you get that wet pretty consistently.

A Ziploc on splash and for fantasmic would be fine. I'd put any phones in a Ziploc (or 2) for all rides.

LowePro sells an entire line of AW bags, which are normal camera bags with a pull-out raincoat, at prices ranging from $50 up through a few hundred, which work very well, and work as normal camera bags when you're not getting wet. Also, depending on your body and lens and their level of weather sealing, the only ride that may be an issue is Kali.

Splash Mountain you may get splashed but it's momentary, nothing a 70D or D7000 or better can't handle so long as you have a decent first party lens with some weather sealing (my D7200 and 16-85 handle it no problem), and Fantasmic doesn't get you wet at all. Kali you may come out dry, or completely soaked and drenched. LowePro's AW bags will keep your stuff dry during this, I've used them in pouring rain for hours and although I was soaked through my rain gear, my camera stayed dry.
I have this one. http://www.adorama.com/LPPHB16LGY.html
It works great! My DSLR is weather sealed, but I love the pull out raincoat to protect the bag. I use it as our regular park bag. It holds a decent amount of stuff besides the camera/lenses.

The only times things getting wet have caused an issue is because the bag/pocket they were in was wet and they never really stayed dry.. Zip lock bags are my friend now. Extra zip lock bags for animal kingdom as that park has less get out of the rain than anywhere else, especially if your on a ride that isn't fast to get you off if needed.

I also agree with PP and kali. We've been on the ride when it stopped to check for ride damage (not uncommon, we've seen it every trip). The one year it started to thunderstorm at the same time, nobody had anything come off the ride dry.

If you forget to bring a ziploc into the parks just stop by a shop and purchase something and use the shopping bag to wrap your things in. KRR does have a compartment in the middle of the raft to put things in now.

If you forget to bring a ziploc into the parks just stop by a shop and purchase something and use the shopping bag to wrap your things in. KRR does have a compartment in the middle of the raft to put things in now.

KRR has always had a compartment in the middle, but it's not very big (certainly not big enough for everyone on the raft to put their things in) and it's not waterproof. I would use the lockers near KRR, especially since they're free for two hours.

I bought a Fuji S1 bridge camera since it is weather sealed. Expensive, but then again I have an annual pass and I live in Florida.

Another ziplock user. Canon 6D with my standard 24-105 f/4 just fits in one. I use sandwich baggies for phones.

Last edited:
any closed plastic bags....zip-lock, baggies, etc

Also wear crocs or sandals or water proof shoes or flip-flips to AK on your Kali ride day
Your feet will be a happy camper ;)

This is a stop-gap measure at best and only for less valuable items. I would never put $1000 worth of camera equipment into a plastic shopping bag. We almost always rent a locker for the day to store snacks, warm clothes on days where it gets chilly at night, dry clothes and towels for when we get wet, and to store camera equipment when we are not using it.

This is a stop-gap measure at best and only for less valuable items. I would never put $1000 worth of camera equipment into a plastic shopping bag.
Erm, yeah, don't do this. If your camera equipment is decent quality, you'll just end up collecting and trapping moisture in with it that'll eventually work its way through the seals. Ditto with ziplocs, but it takes longer, so they're okay for things like Kali where it's a short term thing.
I bought a Fuji S1 bridge camera since it is weather sealed. Expensive, but then again I have an annual pass and I live in Florida.
"Expensive," is relative in photography. Some of us carry insurance policies on our gear ... ;)

But it's very nice not to have to worry about a drizzle or Splash Mountain. That's a nice little camera, too, I was very impressed when I handled it for a few minutes, Fuji has been upping their game recently.

"Expensive," is relative in photography. Some of us carry insurance policies on our gear ... ;)

But it's very nice not to have to worry about a drizzle or Splash Mountain. That's a nice little camera, too, I was very impressed when I handled it for a few minutes, Fuji has been upping their game recently.
Insurance doesn't help much if you camera stops operating during your vacation and it is the only one you have.

It is truly an awesome camera. I sold all my Sony DSLR gear after I bought it.

Insurance doesn't help much if you camera stops operating during your vacation and it is the only one you have.
It's not. Two DSLR bodies and a compact is, "Normal," for me.
It is truly an awesome camera. I sold all my Sony DSLR gear after I bought it.
Yeah, the color rendering I've seen from it is pretty phenomenal from such a small sensor. Fuji knows their stuff.

I use ZipLoc bags. You can still use the phone's touchscreen through the ZipLoc bags, so that's a plus!! If I had a big DSLR, I would try the biggest Ziploc bags, or maybe a SpaceBag (if they are watertight).

I make certain to carry zip loc bags, both in the quart size, and the gallon size. The smaller ones are great for cash, wallet, cell phone, spare battery etc. The gallon bags are good for keeping my DSLR dry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter