How do we love Disney? Let me count the ways... (updated & completed 5/11)

Isn't Soarin amazing?! :cloud9: I adore it.

I'm right there with you with the kids/parents. I love kids as well but sometimes it gets to be too much. ESPECIALLY when the parent isn't making an effort or anything.

I love your swimming analogy! :lmao:

I hope Tyler is okay.
We loved Soarin.

I will not be able to swim without thinking of what you posted:rolleyes1

Uh-oh! I never go under the water anymore when I swim! :lmao: I might have to bite the bullet - I would hate to think of what you said being true! :rotfl2: I do get the ends of my hair wet - what does that say about me? Never mind...don't answer! :rolleyes1

I'm glad you guys got a ride on Soarin! It is such a fabulous ride! Did you smell the oranges and the trees? :cloud9:

I will never understand parents who do nothing to try and control their children when what they are doing is affecting someone's enjoyment of the attraction. Especially in a contained space...like on a boat....where you can't just remove the kids from the situation so as to let others enjoy the ride....ugh.... What the heck were they thinking? :mad:

Great update as usual! :goodvibes

Sara

:lmao: Okay i'm just gigglin' at all the reactions this morning... i didn't know it was such an apt analogy! :rotfl:

:scared1: Oh, no! How is Tyler doing now?

EXACTLY!

It amazes me how some parents don't seem to notice their children. I'm a substitute teacher, and even when I'm not subbing I'm helping out at the school, so telling kids to hush it up comes naturally to me ;) (sometimes it comes TOO easily!!:confused3 ) ...and I'm afraid I would have told the child to settle down, parent or no parent, especially after hair pulling. Hate that you had that experience!

I can NOT wait to try Soarin'. It's one of the first things that made it to my mental list of 'must-do-next-times'. So glad you and Jess got to enjoy it! :goodvibes

Tyler is doing much better, he's all casted up and on light duties for a while. i think mostly he's embarrassed because he broke their four-year no accident record!

i kind of wish i'd said something now. The little girl wasn't specifically pulling my hair on purpose i don't think, she was just bouncing around so much and kind of swinging her arms around, and caught my hair once or twice. i don't know. it was just annoying. Especially on a boat where i'm already uncomfortable :sick:

Soarin'... is what inspired the title of this TR. And you will find out later that this was definitely not our only ride on it... :rolleyes1

Isn't Soarin amazing?! :cloud9: I adore it.

I'm right there with you with the kids/parents. I love kids as well but sometimes it gets to be too much. ESPECIALLY when the parent isn't making an effort or anything.

I love your swimming analogy! :lmao:

Yes, Soarin' is and forever will be :cloud9:

I hope Tyler is okay.
We loved Soarin.

I will not be able to swim without thinking of what you posted:rolleyes1

He's well now.

Better that you think of it when you're swimming.............. :rolleyes1

Uh-oh! I never go under the water anymore when I swim! :lmao: I might have to bite the bullet - I would hate to think of what you said being true! :rotfl2: I do get the ends of my hair wet - what does that say about me? Never mind...don't answer! :rolleyes1

I'm glad you guys got a ride on Soarin! It is such a fabulous ride! Did you smell the oranges and the trees? :cloud9:

I will never understand parents who do nothing to try and control their children when what they are doing is affecting someone's enjoyment of the attraction. Especially in a contained space...like on a boat....where you can't just remove the kids from the situation so as to let others enjoy the ride....ugh.... What the heck were they thinking? :mad:

Great update as usual! :goodvibes

Sara

i believe it says you have three young children and need more time for.....swimming. :rolleyes1

i smelled the oranges.. i smelled the trees.. i felt the wind in my hair.. i ducked the golf ball.. i tried to dip my toes in the ocean waves.. i fell hook, line, and sinker for every single instant of the ride and i never wanted it to end. :lovestruc :love: :cloud9:

Great updates! I just got caught up again after not having internet for a few days! I'm glad you like Soarin! We really enjoy it too, but we missed it this past trip! You'll hear about that in my next few updates ;) Sorry about they annoying kids! I think sometimes the parents take the vacation too far and take a vacation from parenting! Either that or their just bad parents which is very, very possible!

Can't wait to read more!

Great updates! I just got caught up again after not having internet for a few days! I'm glad you like Soarin! We really enjoy it too, but we missed it this past trip! You'll hear about that in my next few updates ;) Sorry about they annoying kids! I think sometimes the parents take the vacation too far and take a vacation from parenting! Either that or their just bad parents which is very, very possible!

Can't wait to read more!

Yay Melissa glad you're back online. i was reading on your TR/PTR about your hubby breaking the internet. Too funny - didn't you just feel lost? Glad you are back safe and sound! :goodvibes

You'll hear about Soarin' in my next updates too.... i did warn it was a trip-long obsession!

*scoffs* and you thought I was crazy to txt you to breath through your nose before getting on Soarin'! I didn't want to tell you to make sure you smelled the air because I didn't want to ruin it for you! It was my attempt at subtle!

:lmao:

Glad you loved my favorite ride EVER! Gotta keep up our twinnie connection!

:rotfl: @ your swimming analogy! Who knew there were so many people that don't get their hair wet when..... swimming!

lulu! :hug:

I loved your uhmmm....analagy of swimming! lol

Great update!

Hehehehehe another one, eh? hehehe.

Thanks!

*scoffs* and you thought I was crazy to txt you to breath through your nose before getting on Soarin'! I didn't want to tell you to make sure you smelled the air because I didn't want to ruin it for you! It was my attempt at subtle!

:lmao:

Glad you loved my favorite ride EVER! Gotta keep up our twinnie connection!

:rotfl: @ your swimming analogy! Who knew there were so many people that don't get their hair wet when..... swimming!

lulu! :hug:

i didn't think you were crazy, i thought you were setting me up for something as a joke, especially once i realised people were taking their shoes off! Since i don't breathe through my nose normally, i had to pay attention to make sure i was doing it!

Yeah i'm really surprised at the number of people who seem to be enjoying my analogy. i'm glad you convinced me to include it. We're even now - my swimming and Dash's CSI moment!

Yes, i LOVED it. The twinnie connection is alive an' well! :hug: lulu

Leaving the Land, we headed for the closest entrance to the World Showcase. We meandered along, stopping to watch Off Kilter in Canada (i would happily have gotten a seat and stayed to listen to their whole set, but we were on a mission!!).

We pretty much hurried past all the countries we passed, it was quite dark by this time and really crowded. We knew we were doing WS for the whole day the next day, so we just hurried along.

Finally we reached Morocco and the woman who does the henna tattoos, and after having Jess wait a little distance away, i told the woman what we wanted and asked if she could do it. She said she could and i went inside to pay while Jess very trustingly sat on the chair and bared her arm. When she was done i sat down for mine. Here is what we got:

DSC00366.jpg

Jess knew right away what it meant, and she was very pleased. For those of you who don't know where it comes from, you can find a link here.

This accomplished, we wandered a little way away and found a nice comfy bench, which we staked out. i fiddled with Jess' sweater until her arm was mostly inside and zipped her up, since she was complaining she was cold, but i just left my arm outside of my sweater and walked around looking like a weirdo as i went to get us something to drink. At this little stall in Morocco i wanted to try one of their drinks, but i got carded and of course didn't have my passport with me (who carries their passport around?! It was safely locked in my room safe!) so we ended up with just slushies which were nonetheless very tasty. i got watermelon for myself and blue raspberry for Jess, which had this result:

DSC00370.jpg

We waited a LOOOOOONG time for IllumiNations to start. About an hour. We were starting to get cold and everyone was starting to get cranky. Next to us there were a few territorial disputes that we refused to get involved in. Finally the lights dimmed and it was time! People lined up along the wall in front of us, and we stepped up onto our bench. Well, i did. Jess stayed sitting and insisted she could see just fine (i would later see the extent of her blisters and understand this a little more!). i took a bunch of fairly unremarkable pictures:

DSC00372.jpg
DSC00374.jpg
DSC00378.jpg
DSC00379.jpg
DSC00384.jpg

i did take some video as well. After a few minutes though i put the camera down and just enjoyed the show. When it ended we joined the throngs heading for the exit. Despite the reasonably brisk pace it seemed to take forEVER to get out of Epcot that night! When we finally got to the bus lanes there were masses of people waiting. The value resorts were FULL this week and this was the Saturday night. We were the first ones onto the fifth bus, we went straight to the back, sat down, and waited patiently for the bus to cram full to bursting with cranky, overtired kids and parents. When we got back to PoP we turned right instead of left and popped into the food court. i had a so-so turkey ciabatta, i believe Jess had pizza, and we both fell into bed as soon as we were finished eating.

Memories of the Third Day
The weather today was... getting even warmer! (Except the water!)
The best thing today was... Soarin', hands way up!
The worst thing today was... how sore and tired we are getting, Jess especially.
The funniest thing today was... the garbage can in Tomorrowland talking to Jess. Hilarious.
Today we tried... getting matching henna tattoos
And the result was... fantastic. The woman was really nice and did a great job. They look great!
The most magical moment today was... Soarin'. i can't get over just how totally amazing it is and i can't wait to ride again...and again!

I love your hena tattoos! Very, very cool!!! I also love the tongue picture! Especially Jess's blue one! LOL!!

Loved the update! Your pics of Illuminations look a lot like mine! :rolleyes:

Love the henna tattoos - I might have to try that next time! How long do they last?

That is a real bummer about not having your ID so you could get your drink, but hey...don't feel bad...at least you got carded. On Superbowl Sunday, we were headed to my Mom's to watch the game and stopped to get gas. Shawn wasn't sure what kind of beer my mom would have, so he pumped the gas and asked me to hop inside the store to get some Corona. "Better bring your ID with you, honey...you might get carded!" Oh, ok. So I brought the stinkin thing in with me and they never asked! It's really bad when it doesn't happen when you think it will! :mad:

Sara

Another great update Sare!!! Glad you and Jess enjoyed EPCOT!! Isn't SOARIN' just fantastic!! I love it I really do!!! OOOH...the henna tatoos look like they were a lot of fun I'm glad you enjoyed them!!! Can't wait to hear more!!

Sorry Jess has to deal with blisters that is no fun at all.

I love your Henna tattoos, that is such a fun thing to do while at Disney. I will have to keep that in mind. :rolleyes:

That is too bad that Jess was dealing with blisters. That is never fun.

I love your recaps at the end of each day, what a nice way to remember your trip.

I love your hena tattoos! Very, very cool!!! I also love the tongue picture! Especially Jess's blue one! LOL!!

LOL yeah her tongue was pretty impressive!

Loved the update! Your pics of Illuminations look a lot like mine! :rolleyes:

Love the henna tattoos - I might have to try that next time! How long do they last?

That is a real bummer about not having your ID so you could get your drink, but hey...don't feel bad...at least you got carded. On Superbowl Sunday, we were headed to my Mom's to watch the game and stopped to get gas. Shawn wasn't sure what kind of beer my mom would have, so he pumped the gas and asked me to hop inside the store to get some Corona. "Better bring your ID with you, honey...you might get carded!" Oh, ok. So I brought the stinkin thing in with me and they never asked! It's really bad when it doesn't happen when you think it will! :mad:

Sara

Yeah, i seriously need to bring my tripod when attempting to take fireworks pictures! my hands just aren't steady enough :confused3

Getting carded always amuses me. In Ontario the legal drinking age is 19. At 17 and 18 i never got carded. A week before my 19th birthday of course i started getting carded and that went on for about 3 years. Then i stopped getting carded and now i sometimes do :confused3 it varies. i mean i'm almost 10 years over the legal age and i get carded a couple of times a year - maybe because i almost never buy alcohol lol. i even got carded buying a lottery ticket last summer!!!

As to the henna tattoos, Jessie's is still just about visible, and it will be a month on Saturday since she got it. Mine had faded within a week and a half or so, and is now completely gone. However, i wash my hands a LOT more than she does, and just have fairer skin that doesn't hold ink well.

Another great update Sare!!! Glad you and Jess enjoyed EPCOT!! Isn't SOARIN' just fantastic!! I love it I really do!!! OOOH...the henna tatoos look like they were a lot of fun I'm glad you enjoyed them!!! Can't wait to hear more!!

Sorry Jess has to deal with blisters that is no fun at all.

Thanks. Yes, Soarin' is totally fantastic! :love:

Poor Jess with her blisters :( they're still not even completely healed yet!

I love your Henna tattoos, that is such a fun thing to do while at Disney. I will have to keep that in mind. :rolleyes:

That is too bad that Jess was dealing with blisters. That is never fun.

I love your recaps at the end of each day, what a nice way to remember your trip.

i know, poor baby.

Yes, the henna tattoos are great! She charged $15 each which i thought was reasonable. Jess' lasted a really long time!

i like the recaps too. It was fun filling them out every night with Jess, asking her what her favourite part of the day was.

We got up on the Sunday morning at 8am. We got dressed and headed for the PoP food court. We both had waffles with strawberries, they were just as yummy as the Mickey waffles had been at Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace! i think i just looooooove waffles. We got on the bus to Epcot and walked straight to Soarin'. When we got there it was about 9:30 and the standby wait was 40 minutes. We got FPs for 11:45-12:45... and got in line. While waiting we got to play a couple of the waving games in the queue line, which were really fun. We had a good crowd with us and it was a good group effort!.

Things i love about Disney #5: Somehow they make waiting *fun*!

We loved Soarin' just as much as we had the night before and couldn't wait to use our FPs! However the posted wait time had been pretty accurate, so it wasn't even 10:30 when we came out of the first time. So, we got something to drink, went to the bathroom, and decided to watch Circle of Life. When we went into the holding room it was completely empty:

DSC00393.jpg

Which i (correctly) assumed meant they had just loaded. We were happy to sit and wait though and then went in and enjoyed the show. When we came out it was about 11:42 so we stood around for a minute or two until we could run into the Soarin' line. This was our third ride, for those keeping track, and this time we asked to wait for the front row. Wow. So lovin' it!!!! We took some pictures in line:

DSC00394.jpg
DSC00397.jpg

After coming out of the second Soarin', Jess was complaining about having a bit of a sore throat. It was nearing lunchtime, and she was coughing a bit. She didn't want another drink yet, though. We agreed to head over to Test Track and get FPs for later, and then head back to the hotel for a rest before coming back to do World Showcase.

On our way from the Land, we walked through Mouse Gears, where Jess found a hat she wanted. We also picked up some Mickey-head rice krispy things, and then continued through to TT. i left Jess sitting in the shade and went to get the FPs. when i got there i saw the single rider line only had a ten minute wait. I got the FPs and went back to Jess.

Then i asked if she minded me going to try out TT on the single rider line and she said go for it! She elected to sit in the shade with a drink and hold our stuff.

DSC00399.jpg
DSC00400.jpg

So i rode TT single rider and loved it! The inside part was boring - a lot like driving through a construction zone in any normal car - but the outside part, flying around the track... it was great! Really fun. i thought Jess would be able to handle it no problem.

When i came back from TT Jess was ready to go back to the hotel. She was really limping and she had a cough.

We took the bus back to PoP, where we found that our Mousekeeper had gotten tired of our messy pile of shoes and had done this,

DSC00405.jpg

How nice of him :goodvibes

We decided we weren't hungry yet, and we got into our bathing suits and went down to the pool. While floating aimlessly around we talked about what we were going to do for the rest of the afternoon. Jess was pretty much done. She'd gone full tilt the first two days, and we had our two long days coming up - Monday at DHS and Tuesday at AK, with no time to come back to the hotel for a midday rest. i knew that dragging her back out to Epcot and making her walk around the WS again would not be a good idea.

That left me with the choice of either staying at the hotel with her, or leaving her there and going back to Epcot by myself.

Eventually we dragged ourselves from the pool and back to our room. While she was in the shower, i tried again to get the internet connection working, but it just wasn't happening. While i was in the shower i made the decision to stay at the hotel with her. We still had a day and a half to finish Epcot, and i didn't want to leave her alone with only the tv for company. If the internet connection had worked and she could have been talking to her friends on MSN i would have gone, but i didn't want to leave her completely alone.

So we stayed in for the rest of the afternoon and evening. i went down to the food court and got another pizza and some breadsticks, filled up our mugs, and reheated the rest of the pizza from last night and the rest of the wings from Kona, and brought it back to our room where we had a feast and watched High School Musical 5,979 or something. my BF called and i had a nice long talk with him. Then we went to bed early!

Memories of our Fourth Day:
The weather today was... hot & sunny
The best thing today was... Soarin'. We got to ride it twice today and just love it!
The worst thing today was... Jessie's blisters. We ended up staying in for the afternoon/evening.
The funniest thing today was... trying on hats in Mouse Gears. Jess ended up with "Grumpy"!
Today we tried... reheating our wings from Kona
And the result was... tasty but nowhere near as yummy. We will order them again on Wednesday!!
The most magical moment today was... the part of Test Track where it comes outside and goes really fast. So exhilarating! Really fun.

You're a great sister to stay with her in the room. I hope Jess felt better after your restful time at the hotel.:)

It sounds like you made a good choice! Your evening sounds nice and relaxed! :thumbsup2

Glad you got to ride Soarin twice and took a spin on Test Track! :goodvibes

Love your Tink shirt and Jess' Grumpy hat! Very cute!

Sara

You're such a great sister! :goodvibes
Your sister seems like a great sport! I just "heart" her!!!:lovestruc

You are such a great sister. :goodvibes Blisters can be the worst, so I am glad Jess got to rest a bit and gear up for the upcoming days. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter