How do SAB armbands work?

ChairborneRangr

<font color=blue>Has never seen CoP<br><font color
I know it is a very popular pool, so they had to institute arm bands to restrict the resort hopping. Where do you pick them up? How well do they last? Will my 8 year old need one? or just adults and teens?

Thanks.

When you are entering the pool area a cast member will check your room key and give you an arm band. They can last all day, I've never kept mine on longer then a day.

Everyone in your party will get one (not infants). Your 8yo will have one too.

I had to show my resort ID at the entrance to the pool and they gave me the wrist band there. I was staying at the BC for 4 days and the wristband stayed on the whole time (but they are easy to replace if you show your resort ID). I wasn't there with any kids but the ones I saw at SAB did have the wristbands.

BC is one of my favourite resorts. I hope you have a great time! :sunny:

You needed to bring a key for each member of your party and each member was issued a wristband. The lifeguards would ask if you needed any for any kids in your party. They only issued wristbands before 4pm. The color of the wristbands changed everyday, so you got a new one everyday. They are pretty strong, you need a scissor to cut them off. They are a weird kind of paper material, like fedex envelopes.

I normally don't get a key for my 12 year old, and definately not the 8 year old. SHould I get one for the 12yo, or will they give us an armband for her?

I was there this July and there were 5 of us, I was the only one that carried the room key. Nobody else needed to show a key as long as they were with me. The color of the codes changed daily. They did not check id's everyday, it seemed that they only did it on the weekends.

We were there from 8/20 to 8/27 and they did not require wristbands. We came down with our room keys and no one asked us. This is the beginning of the slower season, so maybe that is why.::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo :wave2:

Originally posted by ChairborneRangr
I normally don't get a key for my 12 year old, and definately not the 8 year old. SHould I get one for the 12yo, or will they give us an armband for her?

This also depends on the type of Park ticket you have. We did the special 5 + 2 Dream Maker package. Our room key was also our Park entrance ticket. So everyone in our party had their own key. For safetys sake I carried the kids keys, only handing them out so they could get through the Park turnstiles.

And it seems the issue wrist bands for the pool any day that the pool looks crowded. We were there for 8 days and did not need to get a band every day. The CM handing them out was usually by the towels.

do you HAVE to wear the arm band?
not to be a "girl"...but that would really bunk up my tan! hehehe

the wrist bands are fairly loose, so they slide up and down the arm. I'm sure you can just keep it moving and not have to worry about a tan line (at least on your arm). ;)

Originally posted by teentoddlermom
We were there from 8/20 to 8/27 and they did not require wristbands. We came down with our room keys and no one asked us. This is the beginning of the slower season, so maybe that is why.::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo :wave2:

We were there about a week earlier and no one checked the room keys. I've also been there when they do and it's really simple and fast.

When we stayed there (twice) they checked room IDs for everyone, including our son (who was only 9 when we went).

We were just there from Aug 8 - 15th and they only asked for one ID from our group of two adults and three kids. They gave us the wrist bands when we got towels. They only checked in the mornings for wrist bands.

I could have had the wrist band placed on my wrist or ankle or even bathing suit. I had it on my suit a couple of times so I wouldn't get the tan mark. They were all very nice.

SAB = Storm Along Bay (The coolest resort pool around)

Armband = what CMs give you to restrict access to legitimate resort guests of the Beach Club and Yacht Club.

They look similar to the tyvex bracelets you get in hospitals and most all-inclusive resorts. They are generally worn on your wrist.

Stayed at YC over easter last year-2 adults and 3 older teens and
only needed to show one room key for all of us. The bands were a different colour each day for our 10 days so we had to go through this each day. Not a big deal at all-they also handed out towels at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter