How do I start a meet thread for August 24, 2013?

Hi Wendy!

When I got to taking on the FE list (which is being kept on Facebook) I was surprised that no one was on it from Vancouver - since I knew you wanted in.

Are you on FB? That way you will know all the other FE participants

I was under the impression that PIF is only needed to book excursions (and not for Palo/Remy). I hope that is true.

For St.Maartin we are gonna do a private excursion. For St. Thomas, I want to head over to St. John.

Sorry, no FB yet for me. Too leary about the privacy issues and just what FB is doing with all the data.

We're actually in Victoria. 1 1/2 hour ferry ride from Vancouver. We get to see the DCL Wonder on the 26th. Can't wait.

As far as I know, you have to be paid in full to do any bookings.

Sorry, no FB yet for me. Too leary about the privacy issues and just what FB is doing with all the data.

We're actually in Victoria. 1 1/2 hour ferry ride from Vancouver. We get to see the DCL Wonder on the 26th. Can't wait.

As far as I know, you have to be paid in full to do any bookings.

OK. I will PM u the latest list tonight... be sure to remind me when we are closer to sailing for the final list.

I decided to PIF and not mess around either.

For St.Maartin we are gonna do a private excursion. For St. Thomas, I want to head over to St. John.

When we went to St. Maartin in 2009 - we did a private excursion with another Disboard family. It was about a 3 hour tour of the island. We stopped at various places along the way including MAHO beach, the French side and a gorgeous beach which I can't remember the name of right now. Anyways, I highly recommend our tour guide - Joyce Prince - if anyone is interested. I found out about her over on Cruisecritic. www.princepersonal.com

In St. Thomas - I recommend Paradise Point skyride. You can purchase your tickets thru DCL and go when you want. There is a neat bar / food spot uptop (albeit a tad pricey). Great photo ops.

I decided to PIF and not mess around either.

Sounds like a good plan. :thumbsup2

SilMarg - glad you are coming along for sure. Can you add our family to the FE list, please? DH, DD (17), myself - cabin 8018.

I cant seem to attach an excel file via PM. If you want to PM me your email address I can send you the latest spreadsheet.

.... I went looking around a bit to find out how crowded the Ports will be.

In St. Maarten - we are the only ship in Port :cool1:

In. St. Thomas - we are one of three ships in Port. Beside the Fantasy, the Carnival Dream arrives at 7am - departs at 3pm and the Freedom of the Seas arrives at 11am and departs at 5pm. estimate of 11,280 passengers.

.... I went looking around a bit to find out how crowded the Ports will be.

In St. Maarten - we are the only ship in Port :cool1:

In. St. Thomas - we are one of three ships in Port. Beside the Fantasy, the Carnival Dream arrives at 7am - departs at 3pm and the Freedom of the Seas arrives at 11am and departs at 5pm. estimate of 11,280 passengers.

That's good to know! Should make for a great day in St Maarten! For St Thomas, is this data for both cruise ship terminals?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

That's good to know! Should make for a great day in St Maarten! For St Thomas, is this data for both cruise ship terminals?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The site just listed Philipsburg - didn't specify which terminal. Sorry.

Hi! I just found this thread today. This will be our 3rd DC! We've sailed the Magic in 2009, Dream in 2012, and booked Fantasy 2013 while on the Dream the last time. We are absolutely in love with DCL. My family (DH, DS8, and DD5) and another family (DH, DW, DS8, DS7) will be on board Aug 24th. This will be their first DC and they are over the

Hi! If anyone wants to join the Facebook page, send me (Cathy Padden Lazas) a request and a message on the Facebook site. Sometimes I get requests and I don't recognize your Facebook name. Our Facebook page is GROWING! :cool1: It is a very easy way to communicate. IMHO, I find it easier than here.

Cathy I just sent you a message on FB. Be on the lookout in your "other" inbox.

Hello fellow Fantasy cruisers! I'm so happy I found this thread. I booked this cruise on Sat. I'm thrilled to be sailing on the Fantasy but a little sad I'm going to have to sail solo without the family. :( Oh well I'm sure I'll still have a great time anyway. I've traveled alone before but have never cruised alone. You'll probably find me mostly hanging out in the adults only sections. Long story but I have to take a 7 night cruise before the end of April so if I have to go alone it may as well be on my favorite cruise line. :goodvibes I would love to have some new friends to talk to on the ship though! I look forward to chatting with all of you here & on the FB group when I get the invite.

Hello fellow Fantasy cruisers! I'm so happy I found this thread. I booked this cruise on Sat. I'm thrilled to be sailing on the Fantasy but a little sad I'm going to have to sail solo without the family. :( Oh well I'm sure I'll still have a great time anyway. I've traveled alone before but have never cruised alone. You'll probably find me mostly hanging out in the adults only sections. Long story but I have to take a 7 night cruise before the end of April so if I have to go alone it may as well be on my favorite cruise line. :goodvibes I would love to have some new friends to talk to on the ship though! I look forward to chatting with all of you here & on the FB group when I get the invite.

Welcome, aboard Cathy. pixiedust: DH and I will be hanging around the adults only sections as well. DD is travelling with us, but she'll most likely be in the Vibe accept for eating and sleeping LOL.

Have you got any excursions planned? DD and I are snorkelling with the Turtles in St. Thomas and in St. Maarten - I think we're going to get the public bus over to Marigot.

Curious as to why you have to take a 7 night cruise before the end of April. There must be a good story behind that.

Welcome, aboard Cathy. pixiedust: DH and I will be hanging around the adults only sections as well. DD is travelling with us, but she'll most likely be in the Vibe accept for eating and sleeping LOL.

Have you got any excursions planned? DD and I are snorkelling with the Turtles in St. Thomas and in St. Maarten - I think we're going to get the public bus over to Marigot.

Curious as to why you have to take a 7 night cruise before the end of April. There must be a good story behind that.

Thank you! It's nothing that exciting. It's for work. Unfortunately I work for myself so I'm the one footing the bill! :crazy2:

Yes - please send me an invite. Holly Bosch Chisa

My dh and 2 dds ages 12& 4and ds age 7 went on the Disney Magic in feb 2013 it was our first!! We loved it! We booked our next dc on the ship!! We are so excited and just paid everything off in full :)
I heard about the fe while on the cruise just not sure how it works? Also I'm interested In the FB page! Please add me my name Lori Jonca

Thank you,
Lori

Hi everyone! :wave2:

I haven't had a chance to read through everything, since this thread has been going for over 400 days, but just wanted to drop in! My DH and I just booked this cruise, it's our 4th cruise and we will be celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary (Aug. 29th).

Looking forward to chatting with you guys!

Hi everyone! :wave2:

I haven't had a chance to read through everything, since this thread has been going for over 400 days, but just wanted to drop in! My DH and I just booked this cruise, it's our 4th cruise and we will be celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary (Aug. 29th).

Looking forward to chatting with you guys!

Welcome!

My wife and I are on this cruise. It is our much delayed honeymoon from May 2012. We could not go then so booked a May cruise this year but again events spiralled out of our control and after a bit of a price hike we managed too move to this one.

We feel kinda guilty as our 2.5yr old will not be coming. But grandparents have insisted. This is our last chance for a couple holiday for many many years and we plan to have lots of fun and collect many trinkets for our daughter.

Hopefully we will get the just of the FE and/or magnet exchange before we come but with some intense work training and an impending home move it will be a struggle to get this together and we only have one chance to get this right.

If anyone has any tips we would be grateful to hear them.

Paul & Jodie
London

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter