How do I start a meet thread for August 24, 2013?

kerrykerr

Mouseketeer
I'd like to start a meet thread for the August 24, 2013 Fantasy cruise. How do I go about starting the meet thread?

I'd like to start a meet thread for the August 24, 2013 Fantasy cruise. How do I go about starting the meet thread?

I believe you just go to the "Disney Cruise Meets" and start a new thread. IrishCowboy will eventually add the link to the Fantasy 2013 list.

BTW I'm on that sailing as well lol. I'm just not trying to think about it yet. I have 2 cruises before that one. I am very excited to sail on the Fantasy though. I saw her when she was here in NYC for the christening festivities.

I've moved this thread to the meets forums, it is now the Meets Thread for your sailing.
You can just add the link to this thread in the thread that is posted above for IrishCowboy to add it to the first post.

You can also go and edit the title to reflect this being the meets thread.

I was just coming back to the boards to see if there was a thread for this date yet-I just got our reservation confirmation about 5 minutes ago. There are 2 little girls at my house that are going to be over the moon because they'll be spending their birthdays on the Fantasy next year :)

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :cool1:

Have a great cruise!

Welcome to our cruise meet!

Your girls are going to be so excited to celebrate their birthdays on the cruise! How old will they be? Is this your first DCL cruise?

We have a DD who will be almost 8 and a DS who will be 4.5 when we cruise. We are travelling with a large group (my family) of 15, possibly 16 people. One of my nieces will be celebrating her birthday on the cruise too! princess:

DH, DD and I were on the Magic last summer in the Med. It was our first DCL. My parents went on DCL to Alaska last summer as well and loved it. So, the entire family booked on the Fantasy for 2013. We can't wait! :woohoo:

Hey All!

Kerrykerr its LoganBear.:goodvibes

Can't believe the huge fam. is traviling together again. That week at WDW was awesome! Pools, Parks and Food, oh the food.
This cruise is gunna rock.
kerrykerr is my sister.
My DH and DS (8months) are going on this cruise as our first cruise. What luck to be on the fantasy. Mom and dad raved about their alaska cruise, and my sister about her Med. cruise. Can't wait.:wizard:

Anyone else traveling for the first time?

Welcome to our cruise meet!

Your girls are going to be so excited to celebrate their birthdays on the cruise! How old will they be? Is this your first DCL cruise?

We have a DD who will be almost 8 and a DS who will be 4.5 when we cruise. We are travelling with a large group (my family) of 15, possibly 16 people. One of my nieces will be celebrating her birthday on the cruise too! princess:

DH, DD and I were on the Magic last summer in the Med. It was our first DCL. My parents went on DCL to Alaska last summer as well and loved it. So, the entire family booked on the Fantasy for 2013. We can't wait! :woohoo:

How exciting that you guys are all going together! I tried to get my inlaws to come, but they didn't seem very enthusiastic about it so I dropped it. I still might try my brother-in-law, but I have no idea if he'd even be interested. I think having a big family group would be a ton of fun!

Yes, first Disney cruise- and first real cruise for us period! My husband and I try to travel a few times a year, and we've been to Disney several times, but for whatever reason, we've never done a cruise.

My oldest will turn 8 on the cruise, and my youngest will turn 4 the day after we get back (so we'll be celebrating both birthdays onboard one way or another). They have no idea that we're going- I'm trying to decide exactly HOW to surprise them with it. I loved the story someone posted last week about telling her son they were going on a work trip, and keeping up the surprise until they got to Port Canaveral, but I don't know if I can keep quiet that long!

Our kids are pretty much the same age!

I know what you mean about trying to keep things a secret. Our two know about the cruise, but we've managed to keep this summer's WDW trip a secret since Thanksgiving. It's not easy to keep these things a secret!

Hi All!
Just booked this cruise for DH, DD and DSIL (?), DS and DDIL. First time cruise ever for my son and daughter-in-laws! Second cruise for my kids, 4th for me and DH.
If anyone is doing a Fish Extender, we would be interested!!
:yay:

Hi guys

just thought i'd join in the chats! It'll be nice to know someone befor we're actually on the cruise!

My family and I will be on this cruise. My DF, DM and DGM are taking me on holiday. I will also be celebrating my birthday on the cruise, my 14th

UltimateDisneyFan, Sarah :cool1:

Great to see people joining the group! I don't know anything about FE - do any of you? This is only our second cruise.

I did my first FE last year on a Disney cruise. There is lots of info regarding how to make your FE and what type of items to give.
Basically, you make a holder for the "fish extender" outside of your cabin rooms. These are the little fish that the cruise will use for messages for you.
You can make them simple or elaborate. Most people have pockets for each of the people in the cabin. Or you can have one pocket for everyone.
The purpose is to leave little, inexpensive gifts for the duration of the cruise. It can be one gift per person, or a family gift; however it is determined prior to the cruise on this thread. Not everyone has to participate. Our cruise was the Med cruise so we had people from all over the world. It was so much fun receiving gifts from England, Australia, Greece and throughout the U.S. My DH and I picked one day to deliver all of the gifts. We did a gift per person and kind of tailored it for the age group of the kids. It's almost like being a Secret Santa!
Most people sign the gift so you know who it is from. From what more experienced FE participants said, if the group gets too big then it's better to do one family gift. You have to haul it with you and then haul your "booty" back home! It was a lot of stuff! We left most of the candy for our room steward which he appreciated. We received anything from a wine cork turned into a custom ornament from Napa Valley, to a ballcap from Australia. There is so much more to discuss, but I'm exhausted and have to hit the bed! Night!

We just booked 3 staterooms while onboard the Magic this past week!

We did the FE and a Magnet Exchange on this past cruise from NYC to Canada & it was great. Each stateroom gave a small gift to each stateroom plus a magnet to those signed up. The kids got a few extras as well from some cruisers. :)

I don't mind helping to organize the FE & Magnet exchange for this cruise as it gets closer... :surfweb:

Welcome J&K! That would be great if you want to organize the FE. We've got lots of time.

Has anybody ever been to the islands on our itinerary before?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter