• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do I go about having the wave phones removed?? Can we??

Yep. I did know that, PrincessShmoo. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. :) The older part of this thread seemed to be about folks concerned that someone somewhere had been wrongly charged for the wave phones as though they had been taken at the end of the cruise. (Now I think I REALLY didn't make myself clear….. :crazy: LOL!)
Yeah, in looking back at the thread, I thought maybe you were addressing that. Anyway, it's clear (as mud) now. :teeth:

Wow, PrincessShmoo! How DO you do it? LOL! You must always just travel with your significant other perhaps?? :joker:

I will never forget a middle of the night search for a young adult daughter. Me in my PJ's at the GS desk, embarrassed as heck, but worried silly that it was almost 3am and I had no idea where my DD was. I had expected her a couple of hours earlier at the very least. That was pre-Wave phones. I am SO happy they have those things now, and can't wait to try out the new App. Already have it downloaded and at the ready for our Sept sailing in and from Hawaii!!! Woohoo!!!

Wow, PrincessShmoo! How DO you do it? LOL! You must always just travel with your significant other perhaps?? :joker:

I will never forget a middle of the night search for a young adult daughter. Me in my PJ's at the GS desk, embarrassed as heck, but worried silly that it was almost 3am and I had no idea where my DD was. I had expected her a couple of hours earlier at the very least. That was pre-Wave phones. I am SO happy they have those things now, and can't wait to try out the new App. Already have it downloaded and at the ready for our Sept sailing in and from Hawaii!!! Woohoo!!!
Most of our cruises it was just DH & me. We did one cruise with our adult son and daughter and her boyfriend. And another cruise with our 18 year old son. And yet another with all adults (DH's family). We found that we could keep in contact just fine with out constantly being "connected".

As hard as it is for me, all my kids are adults now, and I can't keep tabs on where there are and what they are doing.

We just turned them off and unplugged the charger and put them all in a drawer until the end of the cruise. The last night we got them back out and plugged in the charger and put one of the phone in it. With the other beside it.

View attachment 106075

I think I recall just holding down the red button (to the lower right of the circle) until it turned off.

I don't know that I'd chance having the room host remove it from the room. You might not get one or both of them back and then you'd be charged.

Thank you! That is what I was trying to find out. Like I said, just unplugging them doesn't work because of the beeping when it needs to be charged. But the RED button! I will definitely try it. Dh and I never use the phone and this will free up an outlet.

Thank you! That is what I was trying to find out. Like I said, just unplugging them doesn't work because of the beeping when it needs to be charged. But the RED button! I will definitely try it. Dh and I never use the phone and this will free up an outlet.
Like I said, I think that's what I did. My phone (a VERY OLD phone), that's how I turn it on and off, so I'm thinking that's what I did with the WavePhone, also.

Another solution, wrap it in towels, and let it die.

Like I said, I think that's what I did. My phone (a VERY OLD phone), that's how I turn it on and off, so I'm thinking that's what I did with the WavePhone, also.

Another solution, wrap it in towels, and let it die.

:thumbsup2

P.S. We have very old GoPhones, too. Not smartphones. So, I should have thought to turn it off like we do on those. Thanks.

If you really don't want to use them, you could store the phones in the closet on the top shelf. Just remember to replace them so the room host doesn't think they are lost at the end of the cruise!

If you really don't want to use them, you could store the phones in the closet on the top shelf. Just remember to replace them so the room host doesn't think they are lost at the end of the cruise!
That's why I put them in the drawer. Chances are, I'll run across them when checking the room on the final night's packing marathon.

We don't want or need them, and I keep reading about people who have been charged $250 for them when they shouldn't have been. I'd like to avoid the whole thing and not even have them in the room. Is this even possible?
How about leaving on the table where they are at and not worrying about it? My advice is a lot simpler than trying to hide them so, I guess I'm not sure why you want to hide them in the first place. Or, spending your vacation time trying to get guest services to remove them from your room. :confused3

How about leaving on the table where they are at and not worrying about it? My advice is a lot simpler than trying to hide them so, I guess I'm not sure why you want to hide them in the first place. Or, spending your vacation time trying to get guest services to remove them from your room. :confused3
Not trying to hide them. Just getting them out of the way. That desk gets a lot of "stuff" on it.

I just wanted to know if there was a way to unplug them without having them beeping. PrincessShmoo had the suggestion to hold down the red button to turn them off. That should work! I'll leave them in a drawer - just want the extra outlet!

Shutting off the wave phones is a 2 part process. Hold down the red button and the menu on the screen changes. The screen will say "off" on the lower part (I believe the lower left side). Once the menu says that hit the "--" button on the same side of the phone that the "off" appears. (if you look at the picture PrincessShmoo posted just below the screen on either side of the round thing are buttons just marked as a dash). Just a note, as soon as you put the phones back in the charger cradle, they power back up.

Shutting off the wave phones is a 2 part process. Hold down the red button and the menu on the screen changes. The screen will say "off" on the lower part (I believe the lower left side). Once the menu says that hit the "--" button on the same side of the phone that the "off" appears. (if you look at the picture PrincessShmoo posted just below the screen on either side of the round thing are buttons just marked as a dash). Just a note, as soon as you put the phones back in the charger cradle, they power back up.

Thanks. I'm gonna print this off and take with me, in case I forget. We're sailing this coming Saturday!

My son lost his wave phone....ahhhh! I was in a panic. Luckily, someone found it and with the stateroom listed on the home screen, it was returned to our stateroom host and he placed it back in our room. If you're not on the ship that phone serves absolutely no purpose and is not worth stealing.

Don't want to use them? Don't want to lose them? Lock them in your safe, remove at end of trip...problem solved. Honestly, would rather lose and be charged for a wave phone than depending on my preteen to use the Navigator app on her cell phone and lose a $500 iPhone, no? My kids don't have phones yet (last hold-out mom in 7th grade!) So wave phones very helpful!

Thank you for this, I just took a screenshot to bring with us for our cruise in Sept. We don't use the phones and they of course start beeping low battery in the middle of the night on every cruise.
I am looking forward to not having to worry about charging them when we don't even use them just so they don't beep low battery.

Sitting here scratching my head why this is an issue? They don't cost a thing unless you lose or damage them.

Just got back from a Celebrity Alaska cruise with my parents and my wife and we were wishing we had the wave phones so we could keep in touch with my parents instead of having to go back to the room and call them or check our messages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter