How do I decide...

PiratesGirl

Mouseketeer
what parks to do what days? We will only have three full days and one half day. I would really like to see all four parks but I don't know if it would be too much to pack in. My DD is 5 and my DS is 8. We are staying at the Poly so I guess we can go back to the resort and rest. My kids don't nap anymore but with all that walking (we are not planning to rent strollers, DH's idea not mine) I don't know how long they can make it.

make a list, must see vs. would like to see... take a park a day and skip a park... or do ak in the am and dhs in the pm on a given day.

My family may be weird, but we visit 2 or 3 parks every day. And we choose where to go based on EMH. If we’re staying on the property, we take advantage of EMH, but after 2-3 hours max, we head toward another park, and then we always end up in Epcot for dinner and fireworks. If we’re not staying on the property, we avoid the parks that are offering EMH all together. If you will not have hopper passes, I would still avoid the EMH parks, but thats just IMO.

PS: a 5 year old without a stroller would equal a very long afternoon in my family:scared1: …but maybe your 5 year old can do it. We never return to the hotel during the day, so the stroller is a needed break for my little one.

If you make it to rope drop each morning, you can squeeze in all 4 parks in 3.5 days. Did you get the planning DVD from Disney? If so, watch it with your girls to see what cranks their tractors and plan accordingly. My guess is that MK will be highest on their lists. If they are daredevils, Studios has 2 thrill rides that they'll want to hit. Try subscribing to the Unofficial Guide and/or Tour Guide Mike websites for the best days charts they publish. These really help make the most of your time by spending each day in the least crowded park. The touring itineraries really do help you do more stuff without feeling exhausted or rushed. It's impossible to do everything in a week, let alone in 4 days. It is, however, possible to do the best of the best and have a great time while you do it. Remember to take time to enjoy the little things that make Disney so special. You're much more likely to remember the time one of your kids played hide and seek with Peter Pan and Wendy than time you ran off to squeeze in one more ride.

Even though your time is limited, I still think mid-day breaks are worth it. Gives everyone a chance to relax and take a break for the over-stimulation of the parks. Amazing how much difference even an hour or 2 in the pool or inside out of the sun can make in the rest of your day.

What time of year are you going? During summer the parks are open much later, so you can take longer mid-day breaks without really sacrificing touring time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter