How could they?!!

I was online early this morning making ADR's and have made several others throughout the morning, but when I tried to call to add an allergy that I got too in a hurry this morning and forgot to add, they said the system was down. Who knows anymore??? o_O

Thanks...nothing still. There is a message saying there is a problem booking reservations right now. I am completely confounded as to why some people can book. It makes no sense to me. Either the system is up or down. How can it be partially up?

Do you have the option of using a different ummm...thingy! (Can't remember the name of it!) I successfully booked with Firefox. I know in the past I've had to book some things using Firefox and others using Internet Explorer. If that's an option to you you might want to try that. Sorry it's not working for you!

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been trying since 6 a.m. to book reservations. It is now 12:45 p.m.

:( I tried to send you a PM @ThistleMae but it's not allowing me to.
I've never received a personal message from anyone. I tried changing something in my settings. If you have time, please try again. Otherwise, not sure what else to change. Thanks for thinking of me....it's been a harrowing day!

Thank you for all the replies. You gave me enough encouragement to try to at least get BOG. We have connected 3 room ressies to MB. We check in at pop, move to contemporary for 1 nite and then return to pop for 8 nights. I know it sounds silly but we wanted to do it. When I called the cm said I could not have 180-10 because our first reservation was 1 night and then we checked out and didn't qualify but for 1 adr that day. Arguing that we were staying somewhere for 10 days without a break did no good. Even the supervisor said "you are checking our so you don't get adrs except for the first night. Unbelievable logic.

For those already here on the internets venting, take five minutes and send a quick email . . . [/ATTACH]

1) WILL NOT help.
2) Even the restaurant CM's and managers complain.
3) If this doesn't get through, complaints won't either.
4) They bought the new system, and Disney does not backtrack.
5) Too much embarrassment for the people who made the decisions.
6) Bad career move to admit an error in judgment.

1) WILL NOT help.
2) Even the restaurant CM's and managers complain.
3) If this doesn't get through, complaints won't either.
4) They bought the new system, and Disney does not backtrack.
5) Too much embarrassment for the people who made the decisions.
6) Bad career move to admit an error in judgment.

Well, it got me a phone call from the concierge offering to personally help me with my ADRs, so that's something. And it made me feel better to vent to Disney instead of on some message board, because now Disney was addressing my problem. Obviously one complaint will not make any difference. But Disney seems like the type of company that tracks everything, I imagine a customer complaint is worth a lot more than a complaint from a grunt CM. Would it be better not to give any feedback?

Having worked in high-tech/software industry, I can totally commiserate with clueless management rolling out a new system that (A) doesn't work, (B) nobody needed/wanted, and (C) makes it more difficult for everyone to do their jobs. Yes, complaints go nowhere, because management knows everything and will never admit to a mistake. But time passes, management changes.

I never used to complain about anything on previous WDW trips. But recently I decided that I was paying too much money to Disney to waste my time dealing with a buggy, poorly designed app and screwy, inconsistent dining system. Maybe it's my software background, maybe I'm just getting old and cranky. My philosophy was to call/email Disney every time something didn't work right. Maybe it won't help, but it made me feel better. If Disney isn't going to spend the time and money on QA or IT, then they can spend time and money answering my phone calls and emails.

1) Are your staying in a "Club Floor" room?

No, plain old parking lot view at CSR. I did not provide a room number or phone number in my email, someone at Disney matched up my email address with my MDE account and figured out where I was staying. Or maybe they used the tiny microphone and GPS transmitter in my Magicband to listen in on my conversations and locate me?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter