How Closely do they monitor pool entry at YC/BC?

huskergreg

Earning My Ears
My sister and her family live in Orlando. I am wondering whether they might be able to come to visit us at the Beach Club during our stay and go to the pool with us.

Can anyone tell me whether it is likely they could just go in with us (a group of 7 staying at BC) or whether they check each person?

Thanks
Greg

We have had times when they checked everyone's room id and other times, when the pool wasn't very crowded when no one was checking at all. When it was crowded they put wrist bands on all the adults. It is my understanding that during peak seasons they are pretty tough about it. Theywon't even allow the DVC members to pool hop to that pool. :cheer2:

We have stayed there and have known others and yes they will most likely ask because they told us that They have to often check because the
BC pool is so well known that they do have many people try to sneak in and try it out.
I don't recall what the guest policy is, but I think if you are staying there and your friends are with you when they ask to see your key then I think your friends will be ok. But it would best to call the hotel and ask them to make sure.

Everytime I've stayed at BC/YC/BCV (always in the summer) they've always asked for an ID for EVERY member of my party. So, with 4 of us, they wanted to see 4 ID's to give us 4 bracelets. We almost always got to the pool early too 9AM before the crowds started coming.

How about your family PAY to stay at YC/BC, then you wont have any problems using the pool. :rolleyes:

Hehe... maybe it's a Danish/American difference :), but I don't think many folks from Orlando would be willing to shell out the big bucks for the Beach Club Resort, just to swim at SAB. Though, if spending time at the resort pool with family from the Orlando area is a major consideration, it may make sense to choose a resort where they don't have a water park (such as the Contemporary). Also, I believe that they don't check resort IDs at the quiet pools -- only at Storm-a-long Bay.

We were at the YC this past December and even though there couldn't have been more than a dozen people sitting around SAB, they checked all 4 id's in our party and each one of us got a colored wristband. They had a limited number of area's where you could enter the pool facility and each one was staffed by a CM.

We stayed at the BC for 10 days in August and they put wrist bands on us every day (kids too) and the color changed everyday. They were pretty diligent about checking everyone on the pool deck... no interlopers allowed :wave2:

and thank goodness for that. Otherwise, it would be so crazy crowded because it's undoubtedly the best pool on property. They always check ID's in my experience and they give a bracelet for you to wear. I'm glad they go to such lengths because I'm paying a premium price to stay there and I think the pool should be for guests only.

PamNC

We had the same experience last summer. We all had to show our resort id's and were issued bracelets each day. I saw a lot of people being told they could not swim there.

Its good to hear they're finally monitoring that situation and issuing bracelets. When did that start?

huskergreg said:
My sister and her family live in Orlando. I am wondering whether they might be able to come to visit us at the Beach Club during our stay and go to the pool with us.

Can anyone tell me whether it is likely they could just go in with us (a group of 7 staying at BC) or whether they check each person?

Thanks
Greg

It depends how many people. There are seven of you, plus your sister's family? Your best bet is to speak to the front desk or the lifeguard. In my experience it's the lifeguards who have ultimate veto power. It can go either way: don't be disappointed if they say no.

We stayed at YC May 26-31st (which included the busy Memorial Day weekend). We went to SAB every day. They were checking room keys only one day we were there - I believe it was the Sunday of Mem. Day weekend...and that was only if you wanted a towel. DS14 came to the pool after us and didn't think to get a towel and walked past the ID checkers without question. Funny thing was, they started checking after the rest of us had come in, so none of us had wristbands and no one said a word to us.

I'm also glad to hear that they are becoming more strict on the pool policy. After you pay so much to stay there do you really want to share the pool with pool crashers (obviously you will enjoy your family but what if everyone brought in extra guests)? Another idea may be to go to one of the water parks - you can have a great day there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter