How can I get a Job with you guys???

Okay, so since they moved they don't represent that demographic anymore? So how would you get someone consistently on the show from the North or West without them moving? Skype in every week? That would detract from the quality of the show.
Correct. Is it disturbing when Oliver skypes in? Does it distract form the quality of the show? People do business trips all of the time. It's not that hard. Im sure there are people who would be willing to. Please don't try to make lame excuses.

Correct. Is it disturbing when Oliver skypes in? Does it distract form the quality of the show? People do business trips all of the time. It's not that hard. Im sure there are people who would be willing to. Please don't try to make lame excuses.

It's not a lame excuse. The in the park person is only on for 2-3 minutes, not the entire show. In the past when they've had people skype in there's issues with lag, which causes people to talk over each other. The sound and video quality also aren't as good for that person. The disneyland edition has west coast points of view.

Minnie Pearl....Kathy Werling....Scarlett O'Hara....Teresa Echols....Dolly Parton....

Southern belles, all.

Oliver is resident of Florida, so he no longer represents that demographic.

I'm not really sure what that even means.

I don't think people understand the logistics of getting eight locals in one room for a couple of hours each week.

Adding someone on a business trip seems unrealistic.

Our shows are frequently based on what is current at Disney and throwing someone unprepared for the discussion into the mix would be unfair.

The news stories on our recent show changed minutes prior to recording.

Last edited:

What are you talking about? A northern woman? Probably a good time to shut the laptop down.

What are you talking about? A northern woman? Probably a good time to shut the laptop down.
Different view points is what I'm talking about. All that is currently represented are white southern women and white males. its just an observation. Not a hard one to see.

Is this a joke? Diversity is very important in many aspects of life. We need diversity in our communities, our government, and our private sector.

...diversity among Disney World podcast is not a problem or issue in the least. This isn't "white privilege" or anything, it's just common sense. Worrying about how diverse The DIS Unplugged is should be on page 124 of the list of things we need to worry about.

You want to see diversity? Go to Walt Disney World. It's a beautiful hodgepodge of different races and peoples both working and visiting. That's the type of diversity that matters; not a show those people are listening to in their headphones.

Don't pretend to care about diversity and make The Dis Unplugged the hill you're willing to fight on. It's nonsense, it's a distraction against the real issues of diversity that matter in this country. You want to make a difference? Fight against police brutality and unjust laws. Vote for candidates that care about diversity. Support local ethical businesses and restaurants. Don't post on a Disney World podcast board about there being too many ladies from the south on the show.

Last edited:
If you haven't lived there in years can you still claim it? There are a lot of "ya'lls" heard.
Sorry, but I didn't realize that your birthplace changes if you move. I'm 52. We hope to relocate to Florida in a few years. Does that mean that once we do so, I can no longer claim to be from Philadelphia?

My daughter was born in and has lived her entire life in NJ. Despite that, after spending a brief amount of time in Dallas a few years ago, she started saying y'all a lot. She just liked the sound of it. Does that make her a Texan by your definition?

This conversation is ridiculous.

Agree with Steve, about a month ago Julie was crying about the floods in Louisana, I don't care how long she has lived in Florida, she will always be from Lousiana.

Why would that even be a suggestion? Are you saying that because someone isn't white , they wouldn't have charisma? I think as long as the person is a lover of Disney they would be totally fine. The common thread is Disney. I think there is a great display of diversity in terms of age. Seems a bit heavy on the southern female Which is very different than the Northern or West Coast female. As for race there seems to be only white, though I could be wrong.

Please read what I have posted.

I never mentioned color, and am extremely insulted by that implication. People who listen on itunes have no clue how many purple people there are. Aside from the handful of people I met at the mega meet, no one knows what color I am or what race I am. Making such assumptions about me is hurtful.

Why would anyone think that anyone who loves Disney would be fine. That is as blind of a statement as saying "anyone who loves football should play for the Giant's" or "my pre schooler loves trucks so I let him sit on my lap and drive a tractor trailer".

Pete specifically said what he needs before he hired Oliver. One job requirement is living in the Orlando are. He also started having everyone visit one park per week to keep them up on any changes (at least he said that on a podcast).

"pjweaver' said:
True GAN, and the word diversity (ironically) has such a broad meaning today that it is almost meaningless. I am for diversity but not at a cost of talent and charisma, which is more important to the podcast than anyones appearance.
This means exactly what it did when I posted it. Anyone of any race, color, creed, background with the talent and charisma would do wonderfully. If they are the perfect Disney fan and sit there reading from their phone in a monotone voice they would not work. If they have no chemistry with the rest of the team it would not work. If they run crying out of the studio because John made at joke it would not work. That's why I would suggest that.

I have lived in Florida since 1994 and when people ask where I am from...I usually say I live in Florida, but I'm from New York.

I will always be a New Yorker at heart.
I feel the same way about Seattle. When people ask me where I'm from, I say I'm from Seattle but I live in Florida. I'm definitely not from Florida. You can take the girl out of Seattle but you can't take Seattle out of the girl. :lovestruc I still have my same 206 area code cell phone number that I've had for 16 years - won't ever change it.

I don't see how this is a lame excuse. Most of the people on the podcast have full time jobs plus do the show (at least John, Kevin, Kathy, Corey, Teresa). I doubt the show would fly people in on their expense budget, especially when they are trying to raise funds to do more content. Maybe John pays the agents that come in to do a series, but those are prerecorded in one day which would not be conducive to a live show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter