How can I get a Job with you guys???

Hi. NYC born and bred. Lived here my whole life minus three years, when I lived in the Boston area. I say y'all all the time. It's just a fun word to say.

I'm a New Yorker. Always have been, always will be. I could move to Florida, and like Kevin, I'd still say I'm from NY. I will always experience the world as a New Yorker.
Your opinion and viewpoint are often affected by all of the experiences you've had in life. Just because someone lives in Florida now, doesn't mean they can only see things through the eyes of a Floridian - their opinions and views can also be shaped by the experiences they had when living elsewhere.

Different points of view are great and the fact the team doesn't always agree I think reflects that

Also, the team seems to acknowledge that the are providing a point of view of people who now live in Orlando and isn't the same of people who don't and when talking about many sensitive subjects the team, especially Pete, has acknowledged that they can only opine from their point of view and can't say how someone from the group directly impacted would

No team can have every point of view covered but I think this team does pretty good by having members of different ages, marital status, sexual orientation, sex, etc - while recognizing openly the limitations they do have

... And they also often discusses the inclusive nature of Disney and loving that aspect of it

I'm actually against putting black people on the show. It needs more white people... specifically talentless white Italians from Buffalo with brown hair still suffering from post-Disney depression.

In all seriousness, PJ has a point....not just anyone can sit in the chair and do what the team does each week.

I was on a radio show a couple of months ago, just me and the host, and we only had 45 minutes of time to fill, and it took every bit of effort and prep to fill just that time alone. And that was a one-time shot...not weekly.

The team could pick the best 5-6 posters from the DIS Boards, tell them they're gonna fill in for the team on an upcoming show, give those posters a month to prepare, and they still probably wouldn't be able to pull it off very smoothly.

It's not just Disney knowledge, OR personality....it's actually the art of conversation that matters, too. And not everyone has that.

We have had guests on our show in the past and it isn't always easy on them.

We have the advantage of having worked together for quite a while and most of us knew each other prior to the podcast.

I am always flattered by the fact that people think it's easy to jump into this and then find that it's not.

It must mean that we make it look easier than it is...and we do it every week.

We have the advantage of having worked together for quite a while and most of us knew each other prior to the podcast.

I am always flattered by the fact that people think it's easy to jump into this and then find that it's not.

@DisneyKevin I know I personally found that out making the Mega Meet video, and everyone I shared with about their experience said the same thing. We all had an epiphany (or maybe a re-realization??) about how much it takes for you all to do what you do, and were even more admiring than before, I think. (Don't mean to speak for all of us, I'm going by conversations we shared about the process going along). You only saw a small snippet from each of us, but also we were not live - some of us did multiple takes, rehearsals, etc. I did mine right after Pulse (I mentioned it in my longer portion that you didn't see, that why I was so emotional on camera) and was also having some "technical issues", so decided to do mine in 1 take - win, lose, or draw. But even then, I admit I came nowhere NEAR the experience of doing it week after week, live. Much (continued) love and admiration to the whole Team!!

Why would that even be a suggestion? Are you saying that because someone isn't white , they wouldn't have charisma? I think as long as the person is a lover of Disney they would be totally fine. The common thread is Disney. I think there is a great display of diversity in terms of age. Seems a bit heavy on the southern female Which is very different than the Northern or West Coast female. As for race there seems to be only white, though I could be wrong.
Dang why does someone always bring up race or gender in every thread it seems. The team is excellent the way it is

flawless Kevin... Simply flawless! Lol

I don't understand why people are arguing about race/diversity here? How about doing things about it around you and the people in your community and not worry about a fandom oriented discussions diversity. It's not a podcast on politics, ethics, philosophy ect. It's on DISNEY what matters is the persons passion and I doubt someone's race really effects the opinion on most of the topics discussed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter