How are the Fastpasses at DL different from old FPs at WDW?

sahara910

Mouseketeer
I haven't been to Disney World since Christmas 2013 so it was still the machines at the front of the attractions. No bands, no booking in advance. We have moved to CA and will be doing Disneyland (not CA) this weekend. What are fastpasses like here now? :confused3
Wondering if a touring plan will work like they used to. I also have a 14 year old headed off in the park with her friend and want to give them some guidance :)
Thank you!!

DLR FastPasses are the same as the old paper WDW ones. We don't have bands, and you don't need to pre-book them. DLR has many single rider lines that are great time savers. Combining the two is the best way to plan your visit. There's no need for a big "touring plan". Just go land-by-land and have fun.

Basic FP rules for Disneyland:

(1) FPs must be used during the time window printed on the FP. No more pulling FPs all day to use in the evening when lines are long.

(2a) Only 1 FP can be held at a time, per park. (2 caveats: See 2b, and World of Color FPs don't count against the regular FPs, but you said no DCA, so World of Color FPs won't affect you.)

(2b) You can get another FP 2 hours after you got your last one, or when the FP time window has opened, whichever is earlier. So, if it's 9:30am when you pull a FP for Star Tours with a FP window of 1:00pm-2:00pm, you can get another FP at 11:30am for a different ride.

Most typically, FP machines are near the front of the ride, but not always. Star Tours is across the walkway, as is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Indiana Jones is over to the left of the entrance. I can't remember where the FP for Splash Mountain is. Space Mountain is at the entrance (kinda seems "hidden" as you at the entrance before the FP is apparent).

Oh great thank you sounds similar to what I remember. (Except not holding on to passes but they were beginning to enforce that when I went last to WDW)
looks like a crowd level of 8. And I have a 4 year old so I will try to minimize as much as I can
:wave2:
Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter