How About Some Introductions?

Hello all! My name is Emily and I'm from Rock Island, Illinois(if you haven't heard of it, its part of the Quad Cities, also, Davenport, Iowa and Moline, Illinois are part as well). Lived here my entire life! I attended community college and graduated in December with my associates degree in biology. I eventually want to get my Ph.D in marine biology. My initial plan after I graduated from the community college was to join the Navy so that they would help pay for my bachelors degree and the beginning of graduate school. Well that didn't happen because of a few things so I was looking for a way to be able to go down to florida (where i plan to attend school), earn money and establish residency. I found the disney college program and became extremely estatic. I read that i had to be enrolled and taking at least one class so my father signed me up for a womens self defense class that earns me 2 credits! I absolutely love disney and everything about it. I've been there 3 times: for my 7th birthday, when i was 13, and then just last year for my 21st birthday. Disney is an extremely emotional place for me because how happy it makes me. My favorite disney movie is definatly the little mermaid! When it first came out i watched it so many times i broke the tape. lol.
Well anyways, i've been kinda rambling. So yeah. I applied for the fall advantage 2010 CP and have my phone interview next thursday. I hope i get in!!!

I have never formally introduced myself but I have been posting a bit over the last year. So my name is Laura I am 21 years old and I live in Pittsburgh PA. I attend a community college and I am planning to transfer to PITT (mechanical engineering) after I do the college program. I just applied for the Fall Program on Monday and, like everyone else, I want to get in soooo bad!!!! I love Disney more than anything ever and my dream is to work at Disney as an Imagineer! That is just a little about me I love to talk to people so send me a message if you want to talk!

I'm Logan. I'm a senior at Appalachian State University studying Advertising "with a Creative Focus" (which basically means I'm studying publishing and design). I'm a 2010 College Program hopeful! I also hope to work for Disney World's in-house ad agency (Yellow Shoes Creative Group) some time after I graduate. So, I'm pursuing the college program as a foot in the door for the Professional Internship program (and not coincidentally pursuing a long held dream of working at Walt Disney World!).

I'm calling to schedule my interview tomorrow! I'm so excited!

Hello all! I'm Becca, and i'm a 19 year old fashion design student in the metro detroit area, Michigan. I had been planning on doing the CP this year but i've decided to do a study abroad program this year so I'm aiming for spring 2011. I've been wanting to do the CP program since I found out about it in 7th grade so I'm INCREDIBLY eager for my opportunity to come, but this is the only year I could do my study abroad program so I will have to tough it out one more year. At least I have ample amount of time to really learn the ins and outs now ;)

Yay ICP Summer 2010! I still count right? D:

Well if I do, heya peeps! My name's Taylor, and I'm from Toronto! See, I'm not all that far away from you guys! Practically next door. :-) Anyway, I'm 18 and in my first year of university, studying Theatre with a minor in Music (Vocals). Now let's see... well I was born here in Canada, but spent a few years in England (between ages 8-12), because my mother's side is pretty much entirely from England/Scotland. Not that this is important, but I was a competitive gymnast for most of my childhood years, until I stopped at age 13. Just something interesting.

Now for my Disney-crazed side. Two weeks after I was born was my first trip to Walt Disney World, and I've been countless times since. I consider it a second home. My parents got married there when I was 6, I spent my seventh birthday there, and my family were members of the Vacation Club. The last time I went was two years ago, in 2008, and I still love the feeling of seeing the overhead Walt Disney World sign as you drive onto the property... it makes me feel like a child again. Every single trip there has been an amazing experience. One of my most magical moments has to be my seventh birthday trip. I got incredibly sick, fever and all, and really wasn't enjoying myself at all. We had gotten up early to go to breakfast with Belle, and I got decked out in my little Belle costume just for the occasion. I was sitting at the table with my mom, dad and sister, and hating my life, when Belle finally made her way over to my table. She noticed that I didn't look well, felt my forehead, and made small talk telling me she hoped I would get better for my birthday, asked us where we were from, etc. Of course I was ecstatic that Belle was talking to me, but I had absolutely no energy to interact with her. The entire time she talked to me in a very soothing voice, and she was spending ages signing my autograph book. I don't have a photo with her with her that I'm aware of, but I still have the autograph. She had signed her name fairly large on one page, and used my crayons to draw a rose taking up the entire two page spread, and left a little kiss mark above the rose. This is the reason I want to work there - to make every other child's trip to Walt Disney World as magical as every single one of mine were, and also why I would love to be a face character. As for my favourite Disney movies... I grew up with the classics, and my favourites are Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Homeward Bound, Old Yeller and Beauty and the Beast.

Good to meet all of you! Those whom I'll possibly be seeing this summer, can't wait! I apologize for the novel, haha, it was added as an afterthought.

Hi Everyone, I'm Kayla.
I'm from Pittsburgh and a sophomore at PITT-double majoring in theatre and film. I have always loved Disney, in an obsessive way.
The movies, the parks, the company, everything!
I feel that Disney has been such a huge part of my childhood and now adulthood, that it has truly shaped who I am as a person.
The feeling that I get while at the parks is inexplicable---but if I had to try, I would call it surreal happiness: I usually smile, wide-eyed the entire time and then randomly cry during Wishes or other shows. It's THAT bad.
I heard about the college program late, last year actually (my freshman year), and knew that it was something I wanted to do, but actually couldn't until after I graduated due to requirements. That didn't last, I've decided to take classes over summer to keep on track and applied for this Fall.
I'm now anxiously waiting for hopefully a purple folder...
The reason i want to do it is obvious: I want to make others as happy as current cast members make me!
I'm auditioning to be a character performer, but my other choices are attractions and costuming.
I guess that's it! Message me, I'm always excited to meet new people, especially Disney people! :)

Hey Y'all, just saying hi! I'm studying Anthropology at University of Cincinnati. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Disney - it's my life. I share a b-day with walt and grew up with Disney everything.
I LOVE the old Disney Channel shows like Duck Tales, Goof Troop, and Chip N' Dale's Rescue Rangers. My ringtone is Hannah Montana's Best of Both Worlds. :cool1: My favorite Disney movie is Lilo & Stitch. My jam for life is Stand Out from A Goofy Movie. : D My room in my apartment is all disney!
I LOVE old tv shows like the Golden Girls and the Lawrence Welk show and my roommates make fun of me for watching both, but I don;t care because I enjoy them and they are a million times better than what you see on tv today (just my 2 cents):thumbsup2

Hii guys I am james smith, 22 years old from Phoenix. I am studying engineering at UOP.
quite happy and content with my life

Hey everyone! My names Britney, I'll be 21 next week... whoop! whoop! I just got off the phone from my interview.... I live in the Tampa, fl area, so given that Im about an hour from disney and my boyfriend is vacation club.... You know where I spend my weekends! haha!

Hi! I'm Emma, 19(20 on Monday!), and a sophomore at Marquette University and majoring in marketing. I loooove Disney and have been to Disney World 15 times and Disneyland once. I'm planning on applying for the Disney College Program for spring 2011. :D

Hi everyone :]

I'm Jenn and I'm a costume design major at the wonderful DeSales University. Life isn't too exciting in the Allentown, PA area, but I keep myself busy with anything artsy I can get my hands on. I love sewing (obvi...), drawing, painting, theatre going, and movie watching. Disney is probably the greatest love of my life. My family has been DVC members since I was two and we go all the time. I had my first trip parent free this past Christmas break and my friends almost couldn't get me back on the magical express to go home! lol I am a hopeful CP member spring 2011, so keep it in your prayers that it works out!
so good to see so many kindred spirits here!!!

Howdy.. I'm Roman. I just turned 26, so technically I'm a grown up now.

I don't go to college any more, but I did graduate from The College of New Jersey, and I am currently a full time employee there... does that count?

Anyway, I did the Disney College Program a long time ago! (Spring 99!) And would be happy to answer any questions or chat with anyone who is interested in the CP.

Jersey :thumbsup2

Hey everyone!

I'm Alyssa and I'm 19 years old. Right now I go to Ocean County College in New Jersey. Next year I will be transferring to Kean University where I will be majoring in elem. education. I teach 1 yr. olds at a pre-school, and although fun it can be a nightmare some days!

Obviously I am crazy about Disney and have some Disney goals:
1. I want to drink around the world!
2. I want to go to Disney for every holiday!
3. I want to go for my birthday!
4. Honeymoon at the Poly!
5. Stay at every resort on property!

Aside from Disney, I love going to the beach. Wish I didn't work everyday so I could still go everyday like I used to. I like working out, being outside, and just being active in general. I like going to Atlantic City for weekend getaways. I love watching movies and wish Friends was still on t.v! I guess that's about it!
Oh, and I love my boy...Johnny :love:

Hi, I'm Corri. I'm a junior at Elon University in North Carolina graduating in DECEMBER and hopefully going to the Disney College Program for Spring 2011! Here, I am studying leisure and sports management (for theatre management)...and, I just found out I am going down to Disney for a few days with my mom this spring break!

My name is Kara, and I'll be eighteen years old in alittle under a month. I live in central Florida, about 30-45mins from Disney, and have all my life. It has its benefits, because when my siblings and I were younger we went to WDW often, but it is a very busy little town.

I will be studying Business Administration in the Fall of this year, and will apply for the Spring 2010 CP for Lifeguarding at this time. I believe that Disney truley is the place dreams come true, and Im off to chase my dream of getting my foot in the door of the business side of Disney.

I'm openly a lesbian, and Florida seems to be one of the worst places to live if you are not heterosexual, in my opinion. This makes me that much more excited for the program, I can't wait to just be myself in a society that refrains from hard language and stares. And also, to meet people who share the same lifestyles and make some great friendships out of it. :)

Hi there!
My name is Katt, I'm 20 and I'm not currently actually in school, but starting in Sept, will be attending Vancouver Film School (in Van, Canada) for a shorter term program before taking off on a trip to Disney/Hp World
:)

my name is allison, i'm 21 - currently living in central IL. i'm graduating college in may and hopefully heading to Disney shortly thereafter!!!

I'm Kirby, 22 and attending the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon. I'm working on my bachelor's degree in Sociology and eventually want to work with troubled youth or children. I've been to Disneyland five times but have never been on a WDW vacation and am hoping this year we'll be able to do that. I love almost everything about Disney and think it's amazing to be part of these boards. I'm also very much into the Twilight series and love many different kinds of music.

Hello!

It's weird introducing myself cause I've been on these boards reading Thread, after long long long thread and it feels like I know some of you already. Some of the threads dated as far as early 2008 so I've seen the ups and downs, the hopes and broken hearts of some of the users. Haha, so :)

Well, I suppose it is nice to introduce myself, and get as involved as I can! Gotta rack up my post count! Haha.

I'm Fall 2010 QSFB (assuming I do not make character performer auditions... in 4 days!). I hope to be active on these boards for the next four days and days after that as well.

I'm Sarah, 23 in two months, and will be a cast member for the Fall Advantage 2010 season as a Character Attendant. My mother-in-law frequents a lot of Disney boards, so she turned me on to this one! Looking to meet people and network before I head down there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter