• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How About Some Introductions?

Hey everyone! I'm Kelley and a student at Northern Arizona University as a hotel and restuarant management major.

I'm a CP alumn and current campus rep for my school.

I was hired onto the housekeeping role for Spring Adv 07. Woo! I worked at Disney's Pop Century Resort...I know what you're think...HOUSEKEEPING???

Welllll.....the day I met my housekeeping manager, I spoke to him about my major and expressed interest in learning as much as I could about the hotel roles. We talked and he said he would try to switch me over to front desk. Awesome!

So...I did my 3 months in housekeeping and then switched over to front desk! I was an unofficial resort hopper! LOVED my job as a housekeeper AND front desk!!!

I also love talking about all the fun that went on while there AND if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me...I'm a campus rep and LOVE talking to potential CPs!!!

My name is Rich.

I've studied at the University of Hawaii and now I'm finishing up my last quarter in Graphic Design at The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (FIDM) in Los Angeles, CA.

I was recently accepted into the Disneyland CP in Anaheim and will be working in Attractions. I'm a Southern California native and totally stoked to be waking for the mouse.

Hi! My name is Nicole and I am waiting for word on my PI application for June 2008. :rotfl:

I working on my Masters in Education (science) at Union Graduate College. I have a B.S. in Animal Science from University of Vermont.

I would LOVE to get this PI at DAK! The waiting is killing me! :idea:

It's nice to meet everyone and good luck to all!!!!!!!

Hi everyone!

I'm Kristi, I go to Granite State College. I am an English Literature major and I graduate in Sept 08! I am waiting to hear back about doing the Fall 08 CP.

I am trying to figure out what I want to go to grad school for, and hoping to get CP to help me decide that. My ultimate goal is to work for Disney in some capacity.

Sooo, my name is Justin, and I'm currently attending California State University at Northridge and attending the CP in Anaheim. I'm working in Adv/Front/Main St. Attractions. Right now I'm trained on Steam Trains and depending on certain other circumstances, I may be training to be a lead on Steam Trains and cross train to Jungle Cruise in the near future.

However, I'm also working on a transfer to the Entertainment Department. I have nothing but love for Attractions but I was born for Entertainment. I need only wait a few more weeks before I can hopefully transfer to Entertainment Host and then maybe even train in Characters too. But hey, fingers crossed eh?

I'm also accepted into the WDW College Program for the Fall. I'm attending my Audition for the Entertainment Department on the 18th in San Francisco. However, my interviewer set it up so that even if I don't pass the audition, I still have the fall back of Character Attendant, then either Attractions or Guest Relations. She said that because I had previous Disney Parks experience that GR was a possibility, especially since I'll technically speaking be an Alum by the time I start in Florida.

Soooooo, that's me in a nutshell. Howdy.

Hi, my name is Morgan and I go to the University of Arizona. I am currently a junior majoring in Elementary Education with an emphasis on Social Studies.

I am very interested into the CP in Anaheim, so if any of you have any info on the program I'd be more than grateful for it!!!

Email me, or message me anytime!! I also have a myspace, add me on there, if you like, and just message me that you're from the disboards. Thanks!!!

Hey everyone im Karri from Glasgow, Scotland :) Im a Percussion student at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama and am just about finishing up my course.The Disney obsession started when my little brother won a trip to DL in 1997 since then we go whenever possible (so far racked up 6 WDW trips, a DLP trip and of course the original DL which started it) Looking into doing the cultural representative programme in Epcot at the moment. Would love to say i have a favourite ride/attraction but i love them all! :goodvibes

Hey everyone.... Im Craig, im kinda new around here if you didnt notice :goodvibes .
Im a lazy student that goes to Disney whenever possible.
I study Business Studies at Teesside University in England
Cya

Hey everyone! My name's Han and I'm a rising junior at Mount Holyoke College,MA. I'm a Math and Architecture double major. I just accepted my PI with WDW art/entertainment group for this summer. I'd like to know more people on this board before I go there! Nice to know all of you here!!

Hey everyone! My name's Han and I'm a rising junior at Mount Holyoke College,MA. I'm a Math and Architecture double major. I just accepted my PI with WDW art/entertainment group for this summer. I'd like to know more people on this board before I go there! Nice to know all of you here!!

Welcome!! That PI sounds like fun.:)

Sooo, my name is Justin, and I'm currently attending California State University at Northridge and attending the CP in Anaheim. I'm working in Adv/Front/Main St. Attractions. Right now I'm trained on Steam Trains and depending on certain other circumstances, I may be training to be a lead on Steam Trains and cross train to Jungle Cruise in the near future.

However, I'm also working on a transfer to the Entertainment Department. I have nothing but love for Attractions but I was born for Entertainment. I need only wait a few more weeks before I can hopefully transfer to Entertainment Host and then maybe even train in Characters too. But hey, fingers crossed eh?

I'm also accepted into the WDW College Program for the Fall. I'm attending my Audition for the Entertainment Department on the 18th in San Francisco. However, my interviewer set it up so that even if I don't pass the audition, I still have the fall back of Character Attendant, then either Attractions or Guest Relations. She said that because I had previous Disney Parks experience that GR was a possibility, especially since I'll technically speaking be an Alum by the time I start in Florida.

Soooooo, that's me in a nutshell. Howdy.

Awsome!!

Hi everyone!

I'm Kristi, I go to Granite State College. I am an English Literature major and I graduate in Sept 08! I am waiting to hear back about doing the Fall 08 CP.

I am trying to figure out what I want to go to grad school for, and hoping to get CP to help me decide that. My ultimate goal is to work for Disney in some capacity.

Good luck!!

I'm Rebecca. I'm 20. I've lived in Alabama my entire life, but I've been told I have almost absolutely NO accent, which is somewhat saddening. I'm finishing up my second year at Judson College, an itsy bitsy all women's college in central Alabama...if you know a girl looking for a college to go to, tell her to check this one out. There's a wonderful history behind the school and the campus is gorgeous. I'm an English major/Journalism minor. I'm hoping to do an international-based journalism within the next few years. So I guess you can tell I'm a writer? I always have been. (I get long-winded often; oy!) I want to move to Britain; I love European culture. I'm Irish, Scottish, English, German, and Native American (Cherokee). I've been to WDW five times and hoping to plan a trip with my boyfriend next summer (I have to buy a car this summer or otherwise we'd do it then). I'm thinking about doing CP in 2010 after I'm finished with school. I have a cousin who was married in WDW in December and another cousin who is an engineer on Expedition Everest. I also have a close friend who did the CP last fall. My favorite character is Belle; I've been told I look like her my entire life and a few friends have even started calling me that.

That's all I can think of. So tired...haha.

My name is Wei and I attend the University of Washington in Seattle. I'm graduating in June with a degree in Industrial Design and another in Comparative Religion. YAY!! :D I think you can tell from my majors that I have varied interests.. I'm interested in just about anything and I love learning new things. :) I grew up in a little place called Saratoga, California, about 10 minutes north of San Jose and 45 minutes south of San Francisco.

I accepted a PI position in Merchandise Buying/Product Development and I'll be starting June 23. I'm so excited cause it's exactly what I want to do for my career! :)

hi everyone! my name is nikki and i am 21.. i'm from a small town full of lots of dutch people and tulips in michigan. i am currently anxiously awaiting an interview and then results after applying for fall 08 careerstart.
i love disney. and everything about disney. i cry every time i go to disney.. mostly because i think it's such an amazing place. i also love to see people happy so.. that could have a lot to do with it. let's see.. i went to college for two years and studied education and music. then i decided that at the time, school wasn't for me. i was very unsure of what i wanted to do.. so i've taken this year off. i do hope to go back to pursue a degree. right now i work in retail and have absolutely fallen in L O V E with it. which is why i hope to get into merchandise in the cs program. but it's a little late -- so i'm not sure if that will happen.
two years ago i got accepted into the CP program and i turned it down. i've thought about it every single day for two straight years.. wondering what it would have been like. so hopefully now i can redeem myself and get the experience i should have taken advantage of two years ago. so if any of you are on the fence about it -- do what your instincts tell you to! don't let other people get in your ear and talk you out of it! i love people and would love to talk to any of you! and end rant.

Hi my name is Alyssa.
I am from Michigan and attend Lansing Community College. Not really sure what I want to do yet. My major says Interior Design (I never picked it lol) and am working towards a Graphic Design Degree unless I think of something better.
I am hoping to make it into the Fall CP but if I don't, there's always the Spring one ^^

Considering the amount of questions I've been spilling into this forum, I figure why not introduce myself. lol.

I'm Caitlin and I'm 19. I go to Westfield State College in MA where I'm majoring in English with a concentration in Secondary Education. After I graduate, I plan to attend grad school to obtain an MA (Master's degree in the Arts) for English. If I wasn't majoring in English, I'd be majoring in either Art or Music. Literature, Music, and Art truly define my life (with, of course, Disney lol). Speaking of Disney, I am completely excited to apply for the CP for the spring of '09. I've been going to WDW since I was 8 and even though I'm constantly asking questions here on the College Board, I know WDW pretty well. My friends all think I'm obsessed with Disney but honestly, it's not an obsession - it's just a way of life, hehe. On any given day, I am wearing SOMETHING Disney - be it jewelry or clothing.

As far as some of my Disney favorites, my favorite Disney movie is Peter Pan. I love J.M. Barrie's original "Peter Pan" and I absolutely love Disney's remake of such a brilliant piece of work. I love Peter Pan mostly, however, for all it's meaning (which is what I love most about Disney in general). My favorite hotel on WDW property is the Grand Floridian. My family and I stay there when we travel to Disney and I just get that feeling of "home" when we stay there. Not because home is anything as extravagant as the GF, haha, but because we have so many memories there now that it just has that warm cozy feeling attached to it. My favorite park is the MK, naturally, but I also LOVE the Hollywood Studios (I WILL, no doubt, be calling it MGM for the rest of my life, however. lol. I can already tell haha). I love so many WDW attractions for different reasons, but the one you will probably find me at during the day at any given time is at RnRc or the ToT. I am a thrill seeker, without question. My favorite restaurant is V&A. I love a lot of the restaurants at WDW but V&A is amazing.

And also, one last thing about me, I tend to write novels whenever I write anything haha. Sorry for this long post! :upsidedow

I'm Shaun! I'm a sophomore at Savannah College of Art and Design in Georgia studying Fibers. :) I love Disney so much you might consider me one of those crazy Disney kids. I just applied for the CP on... Thursday? I did that instead of going to class because I have a cold! I interviewed on Saturday morning and oh my gosh, all I have done for the past few days has been disney related! I applied to work merch, character attendent, and vacation planner. I'd love anything though! My favorite disney movie has to be either Lion King (childhood favorite) or Finding Nemo (current favorite). I am so much like Dory its scary. I hope to one day design textiles for the Disney Consumer Products, but I have no idea how to go about doing that as a career.

So yeah! Thats me. :) Its so wonderful to know I'm not the only crazy Disney fan.

Hey there! I'm Nik and I'm from the NW suburbs of Chicago.

I've actually done the WDWCP twice, the first time being especially memorable, but the second time around I really enjoyed my job (Mouse Gear!), so overall I couldn't express enough how much fun I had.

I wasn't planning on going back, but then Disneyland announced this year that they'd opened housing to CP's. I'd recently decided to major in Photography, and I noticed that the DLCP offers Photopass, so I interviewed for the role. The lady I spoke with was the nicest ever, and I was hired in about 15 minutes! Also, I'm a seasoned WDW vacationer yet I've never been to DL, so I'm pretty excited!

PS - Anyone going to be in the new housing? It's nice to make friends/roommates early!

Hey! My name is Becca, I'm 21 years old and I am arriving for the CP program on August 25th in Attractions. I'm about to graduate with a dance degree in PA, but I'm originally from MD. I'm so excited to meet everyoneeeee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter