• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How About Some Introductions?

Im Samantha, I have applied and interview for the Fall portion of the College Program. Now I am just playing the waiting game to see if I was accepted of not. Oh yes, I am from Eastern Kentucky!

aim: xxAbandon3dxx
msn(hotmail): perfectly_flaw3d

:sunny: Hello, everyone. I live in Virginia and I will graduate in 10 weeks! Although the ceremony won't be until December :sad2: I love all things Disney, from how Walt grew up to create it, to the movies and music and even the cruise line! :sail: I wish I could be closer to WDW so I could go every weekend!

daydream3r said:
Im Samantha, I have applied and interview for the Fall portion of the College Program. Now I am just playing the waiting game to see if I was accepted of not. Oh yes, I am from Eastern Kentucky!

Hi Samantha,

I was accepted for the Aug 14, arrival date. I will be in the quick serv food & bev...I am from Syracuse New York...looking forward to meeting eveyone...in the college program and the careerstart...

Until next time.

I would really like to talk to some of you. Just maybe I will be able to meet up with you if I get a letter saying I have been accepted. Cross your fingers for me! 6 Days down...
myspace: /samio0

Hello!
I'm Jenn, just about 18 and will be attending West Valley Community College. I used to live in St. Augustine, FL but moved out to California so I've been missing good ol' Disney. This summer, though, I'm going back with a friend to enjoy a week away from everything and live it up at AKL... so that's exciting.

I really enjoy photography; a lomo fanatic. I collect records and vinyl toys and I like refurbished typewriters. I enjoy really quirky movies and am open to all kinds of music. I also refuse to rid myself of my N64.

Hello, I'm Tiffany, and I'm about to start my first year at the University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign. I'm majoring in French and hopefully going to minor in Spanish as well. I'm also thinking about majoring in Speech Communication but I'm not sure.
I'm definitely going to do the CP at some point...either 2nd semester of Freshman year or either semester in Sophomore year. I don't want to wait too long, plus I'll probably be spending at least part of my Junior year in France.

Hello, I'm Steven, and I'm a sophomore currently attending Northern Illinois University. I'm majoring in Communication with an emphasis in Media Studies. I am also going to minor in Journalism. I did the spring advantage college program (Jan-Aug) last year. I loved it. My roles were custodial at World Showcase at Epcot, and quick service food and beverage at Sunshine Seasons at The Land.

Haha!! I my fiance and I go to UNT as well. I never thought someone from UNT would be as obsessed with Disney as I am!! Nice to meet ya! I'm Gabrielle. I'm a psych major at UNT, but next semester I plan to take my major to Elementary Education. Have a super day!!

Hey my name is Jackie and I'm 18 from Chicago. I'm a freshman at DePaul University. Major- undecided, but probably public relations. Been to disney 9 times and can't wait to do the CP!

Hi everyone! :wave2:

My name is Morgan, I'm 20 (girl - just in case ;) ) I've been to both Disneyland & Disney World (only once each :guilty: ) But! I have all the soundtracks, and practically all their animated flims...including a large number of non-animated films :thumbsup2 .

I go to the University of Alberta in Edmonton. I am going into my fourth year, and majoring in Mathematical Sciences!

My name is Stephanie. I'm a 20 year old student at University of Southern Indiana (in Evansville, Indiana), eagerly awaiting my 21st birthday. I'm engaged to my boyfriend of six years. We met while both of us were in our high school marching band. We don't have a date set, but we're thinking of getting married either next summer or the summer after.

I've been in school a year and a half and I'm still not too sure what I want to do. The current thought though is to major in biology with a pre-vet emphasis and make an attempt at getting into vet school. If that doesn't work, I think I'd like to be a zookeeper and take classes online with Purdue University to get a vet tech degree. Either way, I think I'd like to someday work at Animal Kingdom. :)

grlpwrd said:
I'm also really, really grown up. :D

I'm 37 and I am slowly, but surely finishing my bachelor's at a public university here in Virginia - I have stalkers (yikes) so I keep the name mum. I have about 24 classes to go. I plan to eventually make it to the College of William and Mary to attend law school or earn my MBA.

I've previously attended U of WA (go huskies!), Seattle U, and William and Mary for some courses. That is what happens when you change your major 4 times, get married and have kids (I have 4 with one on the way), move around a lot because of my hubby's lucrative career, and live too comfortably in the suburbs. lol

BTW my hubby lives and works in NY for now (he's a contract design engineer - a "jobshopper") and I stay put to finish school. We're strange that way, though, as we have lived this lifestyle since 1998.

Whoo-hoo! Glad I'm not the only "old-timer" here! :rotfl: I'm Carol, I'm 33 years old and I am currently finishing up my Liberal Arts Degree. Next fall, I'm transferring to UNT complete my Bachelors of Music Performance degree. I was in band in junior high and high school and I had a very intense band teacher. By the time I graduated high school, I was burned out on music and put it down for a long time (all of my twenties). Only in the last two years did I decide I really missed music and went back to school last year. Best decision I have ever made. :thumbsup2

I would LOVE to work for Disney one day! I am a lover of all things Disney, especially Goofy!

I'm Heinster, 25 years old and from the Netherlands... Totally love the oldschool animation stuff of Disney, but I do think much is lost these last 5 years asside from POTC and the Pixar stuff.

Hope to see some old school Donald Duck back in production again and not those lowbudget series...

Hey all! I am an older student as well. I am 29 and have my BA in Criminology. This field, while interesting, is just not for me. I am planning to go back for my Masters in Hospitality and tourism management. I really want to work for the mouse! I am currently preparing for the GRE, and as soon as I take it, I will be applying. I love all things Disney, and go to WDW several times a year.

Hey everyone. I joined disboards just because of this college board. I am already a member of a different disney message board which I love, but they don't have something just for college students (I don't think are many- and I believe one of them is a member here).

I am 18 years old and I am psychology major, minoring in Cognitive Neuroscience (and I am cosidering a double major or minor in biology, anthropology ,or spanish). I am in my sophomore year at Temple University in Philadelphia- yes, our football team sucks but our academics are amazing.

I also have two part time jobs and a volunteer position at a local children's hospital doing play therapy, so I am pretty busy- luckily I can do my homework and studying at my one job- info desk at school. And any extra time I have is spent with my amazing friends. I want ot attend either medical school (to become a neurologist) or graduate school (to get my ph.d and do either research or clinical psych. in either developmental or cognitive psych).

Hey Alyssa!
If you're talking about the other board that I think you are, there are a few of us that are here too

Hey Heather. :wave2:

Yeah, its that board, I thought you were here. :)

Hey everyone!! :wave2: My name is Bethany and I am currently a Junior at David Lipscomb University in Nashville, TN (but I am really from Columbia, SC). My major is Elementary Education because I have always loved children and wanted to teach them. I have always been dead set on teaching Kindergarten until these past few years - I am now chaning those plans slightly because I want to move to Orlando and become a Cast Member (at least for a couple of years). I have looked into it, and I know that there are many opportunities for cast members to work with children, so that is my goal as of now. So I am just fighting to get through these last 2 years.
:bounce: Only 66 more days until Disney!!! :Pinkbounc

Hey Everyone! I just joined DisBoards my friend mentioned it to me today and I have no idea how I ever passed by this place seems pretty popular so I decided to check in!

Anyways my name is Stephanie I'm 20 and I'm currently in community college in Austin, TX. I applied to UCF (U. of Central Florida in Orlando) for Spring I hope to get in there and pursue a degree in Event/Hospitality Management. I'd love to be a Event Coordinator for one of the parks at Disney thats a huge goal of mine but before then I plan to do the CP program some time in 2008. Nice meeting you all! :)

Hi everyone! I just came across this board too for the first time a few days ago while looking into going to Disney College. My name is also Stephanie, but I go by Stephie mostly and I'm 23 (although I'll never be older than 21 in my mind!). I'm ending (finally) my community college experience, after having to take almost a year off for medical reasons. I want to go into entertainment and looking into going to one of the CSU's here in Cali to get an entertainment studies degree. I thought what better than to go to the best entertainment place in the world to get some real experience. I just can't decide when to do it and what I should and shouldn't do. I thought what a great place to look for some info then here with a ton of peeps that have done it! I've grown up disney going to epcot the year it opened just a few months old or so. I go here to DL though and know it like the back of my hand. Look forward to talking to everyone! :wave: I love Donald Duck! :donald: And my fav disney movie is the Little Mermaid!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter