• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How a September trip for 2 became a December trip for 10... AKA: YIKES!!!!!! - PTR

Ya know, if you like the Christmas Cosutme so much, maybe I should post some of the everyday costume I had to wear while I worked at Disney. Picture a costume that looks Amish from the waist down, and Mexican from the waist up.... stunning, trust me. :laughing:
ha!!! How funny! We really want to see it now...I bet it was hot in that costume too wasn't it? That's the only thing that I would really hate...I know ya'll have humidity at WDW just like we do at home...can't imagine wearing some of those costumes in the summer:scared1:

Chapter 5. You guys asked for it!

OK, fine... I'll show you some creative interpretations of my costume.

For this first shot, my roomate and I had just started working, and were learning all the ropes & rules. A huge focus is "good show" vs. "bad show." So, we took some photos demonstrating good and bad show, sort of a "goofus and gallant" type thing.

This is "bad show," because the Cast Member is avoiding eye contact with the guest, and talking on the (banana) phone.

costumebanana.jpg

This next shot borders on not safe for work :rolleyes1 But this is another example of "bad show," basically because it is not timeless and family friendly.

This photo, much like the "Adult Alice" costume, seemed like a good idea at the time. :rotfl:

costume.jpg

As for wearing the costume everyday, you get used to it. It isnt so bad in the heat, atleast it wasn't for me, because you are inside in the AC most of the time. The only time I minded the weather was when bussing tables outside... and even then, I was more worried about the damn birds dive-bombing or pooping on people than I was about the heat. :rolleyes:

Oh man, this has been quite a trip down memory lane. :lmao:

Chapter 6. - Back to Business!

Well. I am starting to think that loyal readers are going to beging to doubt my legitimacy. After all, so far all I have really used this reports for is to post some smutty, questionable photos. To that degree, I think it is in my best interest to redirect to some actual pre-trip reporting. ;)

SO. Let's talk about ADRs. I love the dining plan... I know people on the Dis get into tons of debates ("free dining isn't really 'free' ") ("the dining plan makes for limited menus, and crappier food all around") ("the dining plan took my cousin Bertha to her Senior Prom, got drunk off nips of peppermint schnapps, puked on her shoes, and never called her again."). but I love it anyway! I like knowing the bulk of my meals are paid for and taken care of... and I love trying out all the TS resuraunts.

SO. Where do I plan on eating? Well, staying for 9 nights gives us 9 TS meals. Here is what I think we will do (in no particular order) :

* O'hana: This is hopefully the one meal we will do all together. I think it will be so fun to have a big group. None of us have done O'hana before, but I think it will go over well.

* 50s Prime Time: This one is my ABSOLUTE favorite. I LOVE the kitschy atmoshpere, and I think it's so fun when they pick on you. I've been here quite a few times. My parents and DBF have both been subjected to it. I even booked it for my brother and his wife on their honeymoon. My brother didn't really care for this place... apparently he feels that he is above playing "open up for the airplane!" with the waitress... :confused3

* Le Cellier: I know, I know. It's all we ever hear about on the Dis. I've never been, so I'd really like to try this place out. I'm thinking this will be one for just me and the DBF, since I have no ambition to book a party of 10 into the smallest and most popular EPCOT resturaunt ever...

* San Angel Inn: I love me some Mexican food, and so does DBF. This is another one we haven't done before, but I'm looking forward to it!

* Yak & Yeti: LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this place. DBF and I went last year, and we were blown away by how great it was! The food was awesome, our waitstaff was great. And the fried wonton dessert was absolutely the greatest creation I have ever encountered. Can't wait to get back to this one!

* Whispering Canyon Cafe: I think this will be another one we do, not all 10 of us, but probably a big group... 6 or 8 atleast. I think this one will be really fun in a big group, and none of us have tried it before. The food sounds great!

* Le Chefs De France: Well, I don't know too much about french food. Actually, the only "French" food I have ever had was the stuff they serve you on Air France. But, it wasn't bad! :thumbsup2

* Teppan Edo: This will be another new one for us. I love a good hibachi grill. DBF has never been to one, but that bo loves his steak, so I don't think he'll have any compalints. :)

* Tony's Town Square: This one is on the maybe list. I LIKE Tony's. I definately prefer it to any other table service in MK. Food is good, atmoshpere is great. But... well... I am just not CRAZY about it. Generally, only the resturaunts we are truly crazy for get put on the repeat list... there are so many we haven't done yet. But, I like the idea of a good meal in MK... I dunno. I'm torn.

SO there you have, 9 TS meals I hope to eat more than 4 months from now. :cool2:

Funny! I can see we can all get along really well! I love it when people have asense of humor instead of the typical dry blah blah blah!!! I agree with you about the adult costumes never really being a good idea in the end...only if you ask the boys they will tell you that they are perfectly... well, perfect! :lmao:

Task at hand Kelleigh! Attend to the task at hand! I paid for a PTR, not an issue of Playboy! :rotfl2:

Great update - we've got some similar meal plans, maybe we can try to get a ressie the same time :)

Funny! I can see we can all get along really well! I love it when people have asense of humor instead of the typical dry blah blah blah!!! I agree with you about the adult costumes never really being a good idea in the end...only if you ask the boys they will tell you that they are perfectly... well, perfect! :lmao:

I definately agree! Judging by the PTRs that are popping up for December, it's going to be a hilarious month for WDW :thumbsup2

Task at hand Kelleigh! Attend to the task at hand! I paid for a PTR, not an issue of Playboy! :rotfl2:

Great update - we've got some similar meal plans, maybe we can try to get a ressie the same time :)

Well, if you ask me, the best type of smut if FREE smut. Wait, what? This PTR has officially crossed the line hahaha.

Our dates don't overlap, so we won't be able to make a ressie for the same time. :sad2: UNLESS you make one for the 11th, and eat REALLY REALLY slowly... and I'll make one for the 12th. :thumbsup2

Nope...Disney doesn't know what they have coming to them!! They are going to be in for it!!! Too bad we are not going to be there at the same time...we could show them!!! I'll leave my mark and you can pick up right where I left off though!! :thumbsup2

Nope...Disney doesn't know what they have coming to them!! They are going to be in for it!!! Too bad we are not going to be there at the same time...we could show them!!! I'll leave my mark and you can pick up right where I left off though!! :thumbsup2

I like that the three of us are stepping stones for each other. You get to go first :worship: , then a few days later it's my turn :banana: , and then a few days after that Kelleigh get's to leave the lasting impression :santa:. We'll get each other through these 4 months in no time!

I like that the three of us are stepping stones for each other. You get to go first :worship: , then a few days later it's my turn :banana: , and then a few days after that Kelleigh get's to leave the lasting impression :santa:. We'll get each other through these 4 months in no time!

Well put! Too bad we couldn't all hang out with a nice little beverage and enjoy a moment!!!!

Well, I haven't been around on the Dis too mauch these past few day. Seems like there just isn't too much more that can be done till I see some park hours.

Saw today that they are planning on going back to the 180-days in advance, rather than 90, for both ADRs and for posting park hours. Well, that's all well and good, but they are making the change too late to really help on this particular trip.

Oh well, I guess that's just another thing that'll have to wait till NEXT TIME. :)

In other news... I, like the rest of you guys, and THRILLED to see that ticker break into the 3 month zone... justa few weeks till I can make those ADRs. :) :) :)

Has anything changed with the plans???

Well, my oldest sister decided to hop onboard with staying on site, so we've added one more room to POFQ, totalling 4 rooms now. My older brother and his wife contemplated jumping ship and choosing another resort, but in the end everyone has decided to stick with Port Orleans.

We might be looking into Candelight Processional... I've seen it before, it isnt really my schtick, but I guess Whoopie Goldberg will be the guest speaker during the time our whole group is there, and apparently my mom has a hankering for Whoopie to read the bible to her. :confused3 who knew?!

AHEM.

I would like to announce to everyone that:

It is currently 112 days until December 12th & DISNEYWOOOORLD. :cool1:

Consequently, it is 22 days from my greatly anticipated ADR day. :thumbsup2

FURTHERMORE. It is currently August 22nd, which means that in 9 days, it will be September 1st. Soooooo, in 9 days, is stands to reason that park hours for December will/should/might be posted.*

(*we are all going to choose to ignore the fact that they were 3-5 days late posting park hours for the months of September, and October, and also November. This, my friends, WILL BE the month that Disney gets it right and posts those hours ON TIME!!!! )

I absolutely cannot wait to see some honest to goodness park hours posted, so I can start making some concrete plans. :woohoo:

Good luck with your planning!

I was thinking of possible doing a big trip like this in maybe 2011 (At least 8... maybe up to 13), but starting small with a trip for 4 in Nov 2010. I can't wait to see how it all turns out :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter