• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotwire ??

Katie0677

Earning My Ears
I am looking at booking a room through hotwire, and I have a family of 5 (me, dh, ds8, dd7, dd3) however, hotwire will only allow up to 4 people to be entered in the search feature. We were looking at booking with Embassy suites or something along those lines. I just want to make sure we don't get turned away once we get there if I only book for 4 people. I hope I make sense :confused3
Thanks!!!
Katie

i don't think there would be a problem with that, if it bothers you that much when checking in make one person in your party wait somewhere else so it looks like there is just 4 of you. that's what i would do if i was worried about it. but i honestly don't see a problem with it.

On Priceline, you can ask for a room that will fit 4 or 5 people, however, it is NOT guaranteed. I still remember our family of 4 getting a room on Priceline in New York City. I called ahead to the Hilton Hotel and Towers in NYC to ensure we would get 2 doubles. But when we got there, the hotel was sold out and all we got was a 1 queen bed room for the 4 of us. They told us that it was a Priceline inventory room. After a bit of "discussion", they finally moved us 2 nights later.

Also, if you get some place like the Hyatt Orange County, either on Hotwire or Priceline, they only allow a max. of 4 in their standard rooms (which is what you get when you buy from Hotwire or Priceline). They don't allow rollaways to fit the 5th person due to fire code (I've been told that). So what one is usually forced to do is to upgrade (for $40 per night, I think) to a kidsuite. But if you get the Marriott, this hotel chain tends to allow a 5th person in their standard rooms.

Have you looked at the Marriott Anaheim Suites? I recently got a room there for our July trip for $99 per night on a AAA discount. It can sleep up to 6 and includes a mini fridge and a microwave on request.

They don't allow rollaways to fit the 5th person due to fire code (I've been told that).
Sometimes the room isn't physically large enough to accommodate 2 beds and the rollaway. A strip property here in Las Vegas where I've worked in the past (Paris Las Vegas) has this issue; the rooms simply are not large enough to fit 2 queen beds and the rollaway in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter