• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hoop Dee Doo Question(s)

Lindsey1026

Earning My Ears
I'm staying at ASMo and had an ADR for Hoop Dee Doo. After making a reservation it said to pick up my tickets ahead of time. Where do I go to do this?

I'll also have a rental car - will I be able to drive there myself and not have to worry about paying for parking?

If I remember correct you just arrive early to the dinner and pick your tickets up at the site where dinner is.

I just went to the front desk the day of the show (I'm sure you can do it previous days too) and told them I needed my HDD tickets and they gave them to me there :)

You can pick up tickets at the concierge window next to Pioneer Hall (where Hoop Dee Doo is) 45 mins before the show. You can even have the concierge at your own resort print out the tickets ahead of time, but it's not necessary.

As for parking, you should know that the parking lot is at the entrance of Fort Wilderness but Pioneer Hall is at the other end of the campground, in the Settlement area, so you will have to take an internal bus to get there. Any of the 3 FW bus routes will go there. The Outpost bus depot is right at the parking lot.

Last edited:
Personally, I wouldn't take a car or bus. I don't like having to make all the stops around the campground before getting there. if you take a bus from hotel you gave to switch buses when you get to the main campground stop. I take the boat from magic kingdom to fort wilderness campground. Make sure you don't get off at WL if it stops there first. It's just a walk up the path to Pioneer hall from the dock. We always pick up all show tickets we have at Guest relations desk When checking into resort. We do this because one year our ressie for HDDR was accidentally cancelled by Disney and you don't want to get that into right before the show after going there. They also will resell your assigned table if your not checked in ahead of time do make sure you get there early for check in. Even if they don't give your table away, they lock the doors so you can't get in when the show is going to start. You can get out, just not in.

If you pick up dinner tickets early, consider storing them in your room safe, but don't forget them the day of your ressie.

if you want to drive yourself i would park at MK and take the boat from MK to WL. It takes you right there. we have done the bussing to the resort before and its a lot with the internal bus you have to take around the resort. really, if you drove yourself from your resort you would have to park at MK, then monorail/boat to MK then boat to WL. i think take disney bussing from your resort to MK since you get dropped off up front, then boat to WL. thats my opinion. and we always pick our tickets up at our home hotel the day of.

Personally, if I was staying at ASMo, I would probably drive to FW since it should only take about 15-20 minutes. (Unless I decided I wanted to take advantage of the unlimited wine or sangria and did not have someone else to drive.) You would need to park in the Outpost parking lot and either walk (about 1 mile) or take an internal bus to the Settlement for HDDR. I have never had a problem with the internal buses at FW and as long as you realize that the internal buses will make multiple stops, it should be fine. (I would probably take the orange route, but any would do.) I would allow about 60 minutes from leaving ASMo to getting to HDDR if you drive.

Now, if you do not want to drive, I would suggest the bus to MK, then boat to FW, as you walk right into the Settlement area from the marina. I would allow at least 90 minutes taking WDW transportation.

if you want to drive yourself i would park at MK and take the boat from MK to WL. It takes you right there. we have done the bussing to the resort before and its a lot with the internal bus you have to take around the resort. really, if you drove yourself from your resort you would have to park at MK, then monorail/boat to MK then boat to WL. i think take disney bussing from your resort to MK since you get dropped off up front, then boat to WL. thats my opinion. and we always pick our tickets up at our home hotel the day of.

I think you mean FW not WL. If the OP went to WL, they would need to walk, bus or boat again to FW.

You can pick up your tickets at your resort concierge, or at Pioneer Hall Guest Relations. As I remember, it's just a computer print-out, not a printed ticket like the MNSSHP ticket, for example. As PP mentioned, keep your tickets guarded from theft, but don't forget to bring them with you for the event. I also agree with other PP that the resort buses after HDDR are for after the 2nd and 3rd HDDR shows only.

Ticket Pick-Up:
. . . up to 7-days prior to show date at any Concierge or any Park/DTD Guest Services
. . . within 2-hrs prior to show-time only at HDDR Box Office at Fort Wilderness
. . . box office windows are to the left of Pioneer Hall at FW

I'm staying at ASMo and had an ADR for Hoop Dee Doo. After making a reservation it said to pick up my tickets ahead of time. Where do I go to do this?

I'll also have a rental car - will I be able to drive there myself and not have to worry about paying for parking?

Parking is free at all Disney World resorts and Fort Wilderness is one of them so there's no need to be concerned about paying for parking.

We always do 6:15 then hit MK for EMH

1) That does work.
2) But, next time, mosey over to the Chip-n-Dale Campfire within FW.
3) It makes a GREAT evening topper.
FORT WILDERNESS CAMPFIRE "411": (open to all)
1) Location:
. . . within the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds
. . . near Meadows Trading Post, behind swimming pool area
2) Transportation to Fort Wilderness
. . . car to Fort Wilderness parking lot
. . . bus to Fort Wilderness from almost anywhere inside WDW
. . . boat to FW from Magic Kingdom or Wilderness Lodge Resort
. . . monorail to Contemporary Resort, then boat to FW
. . . most resorts have a separate bus to Fort Wilderness after 5:00pm
4) Transportation to Campfire
. . . take internal bus and ask for Campfire bus stop
5) Time
November-1 thru February-28
. . . Fire lighting with Chip-n-Dale at 6:30pm nightly
. . . Sing-a-long starts at 7:00pm nightly
. . . Movie starts at 7:40pm
March-1 thru October-31
. . . Fire lighting with Chip-n-Dale at 7:30pm nightly
. . . Sing-a-long starts at 8:00pm nightly
. . . Movie starts at 8:40pm
All movies & characters are outside.
. . . campfire show is held nightly if weather permits.
. . . if rain, sing-along is on trading post porch
6) Activities
. . . two fire pits right of movie for roasting marshmallows (thru the movie)
. . . marshmallows/smores available for EXPENSIVE purchase at Chuck Wagon
. . . Chip-n-Dale at fire pit for photos and autographs (approx 40-min)
. . . sing-along in front of screen, usually with a solo guitarist (appox 40-min)
. . . animated or live action outdoor Disney film (approx 1½-hrs)
. . . short walk to a play area
7) Things to Know
. . . free to any WDW resort guest (yes, actually free ! )
. . . one of few places for autographs not requiring a meal or admission
. . . bring a light jacket, as it can get cool after sunset
. . . seating is on benches and bleachers, so a pad is nice comfort
. . . there are grassy areas to bring a blanket and sit on the ground
. . . better yet, bring folding chairs
. . . fortunately, they do not grade you on your voice during the sing-along
. . . there is no dress code
. . . plenty of CM's around for child safety
. . . excellent bus transportation before and after Campfire
. . . good activity after the early show at Hoop-Dee-Do-Review
. . . you many bring you own marshmallows-food-drinks-beer-coolers
. . . pizza, hot dogs, candy, nachos, popcorn for purchase at Chuck Wagon
. . . coffee, beer, soda, juices available for purchase at the Chuck Wagon
. . . for rain, they move the sing-along, but you will still get wet

NOTE1: We find this to be a really great activity for either the first night at
WDW, or the last night before going home. Good time for family bonding, and
nice to veg-out. Do a Trails End dinner or Hoop-Dee-Do prior to Campfire.

NOTE2: For an option, you could view the Electrical Water Pageant from the beach.
. . . Wilderness Lodge at approx 9:35pm
. . . Fort Wilderness at approx 9:45pm
. . . the parade goes dark if Wishes is at the same time and it is still near MK
. . . then the parade resumes

NOTE3: The Chuck Wagon Menu
. . . Hot Dog$5.49
. . . Nachos with Cheese $4.29
. . . S'mores Kit $9.99
. . . Marshmallow Roasting Stick $0.59
. . . Marshmallow Bag $4.99
. . . Pretzel $3.99
. . . Popcorn $3.79
. . . Cotton Candy $3.99
. . . Nestlé® Mickey's Ice Cream Bar $3.99
. . . Nestlé® Orange & Cream Bar $3.79
. . . Strawberry Fruit Bar $3.79
. . . Nestlé® Mickey's Ice Cream Sandwich $3.99
. . . Frozen Lemonade Cup $3.79
. . . Assorted Candy (M&M's Plain and Peanut, Snickers, Skittles, Twizzlers or Hershey Chocolate Bar) $1.99

And after HDDR (not sure if this applies to all showtimes), there are buses which will take you directly back to your resort.

Where do they have these buses? Do they announce them after the show? We have an ADR for the 8:30 show

Where do they have these buses? Do they announce them after the show? We have an ADR for the 8:30 show

They told us at the show. When you exit look right, you will see a few buses sitting there and CMs will guide you to the right bus. It worked out great, particularly since our resort was our buses' first stop. It was just getting there that was a LONG commute.

Normally I drive to all resorts to eat to save a ton of time, but since this included pitchers of beer .... we opted to not drive. As others said parking is free but you need to switch to the internal bus system. If you take the bus to MK then boat to FW, plan on a least 1.5 hours maybe more. We were surprised it really does take that long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter