Hoop Dee Doo on Dining Plan or OOP

NHKristy76

Senior Mousketeer
Morning!

I'm hoping for some quick advice! We leave for WDW in less than 24 hours and something just occurred to me...

Is it a better idea to spend 2 dining credits on Hoop Dee Doo or pay OOP for that meal and use those credits later during our trip?

Help me mathematicians!

TIA!

It is financially better to pay OOP for HDDR . . .

DDP TABLE SERVICE (TS) CREDITS FINANCIAL VALUE:
1) Financially speaking,
. . . not worth DDP credits for any breakfast
. . . not worth DDP credits for any character meal
. . . not worth DDP credits for any dinner show
. . . not worth DDP credits for most lunches
2) Financially speaking,
. . . can be worth it for many 1-TS dinners
. . . can be worth it from some 2-TS dinners

NOTE: The above is not a reference to convenience or personal
choice of the guest, but guided only by dollars of the meal
versus dollars spent when you pay for the DDP plan.

Mathematically, you're pretty much better off to be off the DP altogether. In 2013, it's getting almost impossible to figure out a way to make the DP pay for itself.

Mathematically, you're pretty much better off to be off the DP altogether. In 2013, it's getting almost impossible to figure out a way to make the DP pay for itself.

I have to agree that this is true for most... But I'm traveling with a large group and they got the S/P/D deal and it seemed to work out well for what they needed.

I have an AP so it didn't work for me so I'm paying OOP. We do that regularly now though so that's nothing new!

I am trying to figure out if the TiW card is worth it for me right now though... Nothing like waiting till the last minute!

I am toying with the same exact question. I used the Dinning Plan calculator posted here on the Dis over the weekend. It shows me that using the DP for Hoop De Doo is a better use of my credits than paying OOP. I'm sure that is based on the other meals I have scheduled. But I plugged the option in both as an OOP choice and as a DP plan choice and the $$ total went down when I did it as DP. One of the best features of the calculator is the page that shows you the ranking of your meals. That's where I saw which was best for us.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050182
And the DP (regular) is a better deal for our dining style than OOP. Not a money saver really, it's only $100 less with the DP than OOP. But it's better for us to have a paid for trip.

I would love to see this dining plan calculator. Would someone please provide a link or tell me where I can see it. Thanks.

You also should factor into the equation whether or not there are two other meals you want to spend those TS credits on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter