Hoop-dee-do advice...Oh they come from all over when they come...

nice thread with some good info

We've never done the Hoop-Dee-Doo Review before. One quick question: How old do you think kids need to be to enjoy it?

Our daughter will be about 2 1/2 when we next go and we are wondering if she would enjoy this or get bored, or be too loud, etc.

Thanks!

We've been to over 15 HDDR's and this past trip we introduced our granddaughter, 11 months, to her first Hoop Dee Do.......she laughed, giggled and ate like a champ........noise didn't bother her one bit and we were second row from the stage....we did the 7:15 show and by the very end...she dozed off but got to have some strawberry pie....We'll always book Cat 1....we want right in the action and 3 times I got picked on and once to go up on stage and be Davy's angel.....best show on property...way better than the Aloha...food is down home American and the beer and sangria in endless pitchers...can't be beat. Totally worth the price of admission and the show, no matter how many times we've seen it....still laugh like there's no tomorrow..It's become the high light of our trips....

I've never done this before, mainly because I felt like it would be a 3 hr. thing..how much time does it really take, from start to end?[/QUOTE

Do it on a day that Magic Kingdom is open late, that way you can leave from the park and go back to the park. The actual show and dinner is about an hour and a half to two hours (not sure which is closer!) Maybe one of my fellow HDDRers will know. and the boat ride two and from Magic Kingdom will take 15 to 30 min each way.

But I definitely think it's worth it! This is not a broadway musical or a really funny play, it is a "cult" classic comedy! It is VERY silly and a little stupid, but that is the beauty of it! It's just fun! I think everyone will have a great time!

We've been to over 15 HDDR's and this past trip we introduced our granddaughter, 11 months, to her first Hoop Dee Do.......she laughed, giggled and ate like a champ........noise didn't bother her one bit and we were second row from the stage....we did the 7:15 show and by the very end...she dozed off but got to have some strawberry pie....We'll always book Cat 1....we want right in the action and 3 times I got picked on and once to go up on stage and be Davy's angel.....best show on property...way better than the Aloha...food is down home American and the beer and sangria in endless pitchers...can't be beat. Totally worth the price of admission and the show, no matter how many times we've seen it....still laugh like there's no tomorrow..It's become the high light of our trips....

I agree with you! The Food can't be beat! AND you bring up a good point about Cat 1! When we go it's just my wife and I so we would rather have a "birds eye" view, but if you have a big group like your picture, I think CAT 1 is perfect! I love talking about HDDR!

Ooooohhh...thanks for the tip about the Sangria! I've been to Hoop-de-doo in the past but never had the (legal) opportunity to partake in the alcoholic drinks. I was wondering if the Sangria was any good. You've got me looking forward to Hoop-de-doo more than ever!:thumbsup2

Glad to hear it! Enjoy that Sangria! Something about drinking it out of a Mason Jar that makes it SO much better!

hi sleepy 425.. we went to the HDDR on our honeymoon 20yrs ago, and now go with our four kids!!! I believe the couples dance to "Let Me Call You Sweetheart."

I just made my reservations today and after stumbling on this thread I'm so glad that I did. Y'all have me pumped up for a good time. I can't wait now! :goodvibes

Great show love it--food and sangria are wonderful---my complaint is that they used to have corn on the cob but got rid of it. I asked and they said it was too expensive. That made me sad but I will still go back

We were looking at canceling some ADRs to save $$ and time on our first visit 4/7, but the kids were adamant that we HAVE to keep this one! My DS5 & DD9 are extremely picky eaters, but can really go through the fried chicken. We can't wait. Thanks for the advice!!!!

DW and I did HDDR about five years ago on our "adults only" trip. Theater was about half full and out table was front and center. We loved it! Well worth the money and the food was good. My only complaint is probably limited to me in that I'm something of a slow eater and I felt rushed. Still, wouldn't hesitate to go again. Only reason we're not going on our May trip is that our two little ones would only make us feel more rushed as we tried to feed them and ourselves. It will definitely be back on our agenda when they're old enough to handle eating on their own.

We love HDDR but I think I enjoyed the Melvin the Moose Breakfast Show a little more in 1987. That was so much fun!!!!

We are going in October for our first time and we're going to do this show. I've heard so many good things about it. I do have a question though - do you have to use a MK entry in order to ride the boat from MK? Or is the boat ride actually outside of MK? Just trying to figure out if we need to do it on a MK park day or can do it on a different day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter