• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

Everything is awesome! Can I ask how you did the pens? I have tried to do the same, but the paper always crinkles or twists on me when I tried to slide it in! :(

I made the pens for my gift. I wrapped the paper very TIGHT around the ink barrel. Slid it in carefully. Then I used the ink barrel to smooth it out a bit. Definitely took a little trial and error, but finally got it to work. I also tried to get the cut/opening part lined up w/ the pen info so it was 'hidden' a bit. HTH

Now tht my two latest cruises are over, I can post what I made. Bewteen the 2 cruises, I had about 50 cabins to deliver to. My original inspiration was the fact that Hawaii was going to be a 15 night cruise and I thoght maybe some poeple could use some games if they had down time in their rooms!

I hand pianted (not so well on some) mickey heads on the side of the dice with 1 dot, decorated the dice holder and then included some games along with balnk paper that could be played with the dice. I also made pens to match.
1014.jpg

1015.jpg

1017.jpg

1016.jpg

1018.jpg

1019.jpg

1020.jpg

1021.jpg

1023.jpg

Hi I will be sailing on the Disney Dream this October and would love to be part of the Fish Extender fun, how do I find out how to do it and what its all about and who participates??? Thanks for your help.

Now tht my two latest cruises are over, I can post what I made. Bewteen the 2 cruises, I had about 50 cabins to deliver to. My original inspiration was the fact that Hawaii was going to be a 15 night cruise and I thoght maybe some poeple could use some games if they had down time in their rooms!

I hand pianted (not so well on some) mickey heads on the side of the dice with 1 dot, decorated the dice holder and then included some games along with balnk paper that could be played with the dice. I also made pens to match.
1014.jpg

So cute, clever and unique!

Post #27

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607&page=2

I do not not mind the interfacing showing on the back of my FE. If you want one that is more finished , then you would cut 2 back pieces, iron the interface on one...place right sides together ...baste ...turn inside out and finish per the instructions.

I would also note...I have found that a stitch at the top of the pleats, keeps it looking neat and still holds everything your fellow crafty shipmates will put in it!:thumbsup2

Hi I will be sailing on the Disney Dream this October and would love to be part of the Fish Extender fun, how do I find out how to do it and what its all about and who participates??? Thanks for your help.

You should go to the main index page. Click on Disney cruise Line forum, then onto Disney cruise meets, then scroll down to find your Dream 2012 meet group. Once you have found them, you can either read through all posts to see if a FE group has been started, or post the FE question that you would like to join.
Best to do it early before the group closes. Good luck.

1014.jpg

1015.jpg

1017.jpg

1016.jpg

1018.jpg

1019.jpg

1020.jpg

1021.jpg

1023.jpg

I HAVE TO SAY these are my FAVORITE FE gifts EVER! What ADORABLE yet useful gifts! Your cruise mates were very lucky to get your gifts!

socababy...that was a fantastic idea! Love the games and what you did with it! Thanks for sharing!

great FE, hust a question about the cd did you make your oen Music or this cd is the one the it was sent to you many year with the ship music, i have the cd that castaway member senf and i was thinking male copy and handle them out. but my DH ssid that is ilegal.that cd is hard to find
Sorry - I just saw this question. I made my own CD with music that I had downloaded previously. My husband prints the CD/DVD's for our church, so we have a really great CD printer, so that's where the labels came from.

How did you get two loops? I've watched countless videos and haven't seen any that end up with double loops. I'm clueless...:confused3

Yea, I didnt like the tied knot on the bottom like the braclets show so I figured out this way....

Take the cut 16"-18" piece and burn the 2 ends together which makes the center cord

Take one end and push the white thread in a little and kinda open the end....now on the other thread end burn that end and when its hot enough, you slide it into the other end....then I burn the two end together

I put the burned end into the middle so when I do the cobra braid it covers the burned end.

I HAVE TO SAY these are my FAVORITE FE gifts EVER! What ADORABLE yet useful gifts! Your cruise mates were very lucky to get your gifts!

What a sweet compliment!! I had a lot of fun making them and I hope everyone enjoyed them!! I'd like to maybe do them on a future cruise but I think it will depend on how many cabins I end up having and whether or not I am flying.

Now that we are back from our cruise, I will post the gifts I made (for adults - I ran out of creativity by the time I got to the kids gifts...they received princess/B&BW swag for the girls and pirate swag for the boys!).

I made the notepad holders from wood pieces I bought at A.C. Moore Crafts, painted them the same color as the DCL wrapping/tissue paper I had which was decoupaged onto the painted board, added a giant clip, and then added a Mickey head scrapbook piece (also from the craft store) to the clip. The post-it notes were ordered from Vistaprint (they have the ship name, date of cruise, and port calls on them). The post cards I gave everyone (adults and children) have a photo of Mickey that I took during my May 2008 cruise...I added a bit of wording to the bottom of the photo ("Hello from the Disney Magic"). On the back of the post cards I added the date of our cruise along with the port calls. Post cards were also ordered from Vistaprint. (I did not make the Florida Key Lime Coconut Patties! :rotfl: )

IMG_6047.jpg

My cruise is this week! I ordered sticky notes from Vistaprint too. Here's what they look like:

lp.aspx

I also am having maple candy made at the maple syrup farm in our town (it comes professionally packaged and sealed from them), I also ordered customized pencils for everyone, plus bracelets, necklaces, and activity books/crayons for the younger kids.

I was going to make pictures frames and I had bought the items to make them, but due to health problems I wasn't able to get them done. Even though I didn't use the materials for the picture frames or make home-made gifts, I still wanted to put together (IMHO) a nice gift bag for each cabin. :)

I'm one of those people who will appreciate any gift at all, no matter whether home-made or bought, etc. ::yes::

My cruise is this week! I ordered sticky notes from Vistaprint too. Here's what they look like:

lp.aspx

I also am having maple candy made at the maple syrup farm in our town (it comes professionally packaged and sealed from them), I also ordered customized pencils for everyone, plus bracelets, necklaces, and activity books/crayons for the younger kids.

I was going to make pictures frames and I had bought the items to make them, but due to health problems I wasn't able to get them done. Even though I didn't use the materials for the picture frames or make home-made gifts, I still wanted to put together (IMHO) a nice gift bag for each cabin. :)

I'm one of those people who will appreciate any gift at all, no matter whether home-made or bought, etc. ::yes::

Super cute idea! Does Vista Print have coupons? I'm looking to make invitations for DD's birthday!

Super cute idea! Does Vista Print have coupons? I'm looking to make invitations for DD's birthday!

Try going to their website and signing up for their newsletter; then you should get emails with offers for free shipping and/or a percentage off your order. I was able to get free shipping on my order from one of their emails. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter