Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by KarlaG4Kids, Apr 8, 2012.

1. mommy2jarod

mommy2jarod Earning My Ears

I watched a youtube video on paracord braclets...my first 2 were bad but I finally figured it out on the third one....the good thing is you can undo it and start again so there is no waste.
    1. cut 16"-18" piece and burn the 2 ends together(that the center cord)
    2. cut a 36" piece or (2) 18" if you want a 2 color....and watch the many video to show u how to do a cobra braid.

I got the idea from my son who got a paracord braclet from boy scouts also.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MountainTigger

MountainTigger Earning My Ears

Thanks for all of the FE ideas!

4. stitchlovestink

stitchlovestink DIS Veteran

If you really want them to be the best, then you should use fabric markers. I have pillow cases signed with sharpies and ones signed with fabric markers and the fabric markers "wear" MUCH better!! JMHO :goodvibes
    Oh, and I 'think' that they look better with multiple colors. You don't have to use a bunch of colors but two or three colors on a white pillow case looks SO much better than just Black. Well at least IMO. ;)

5. Dream_2011

Dream_2011 Mouseketeer

6. Dream_2011

Dream_2011 Mouseketeer

7. LemonPie

LemonPie Mouseketeer

I am super excited. I showed my DH some of the FE gifts I had been working on today and he asked me where I bought them :cool1: I guess they have turned out good. I would tell you all but we don't sail until September (of next year). Ok yes I am starting a little early maybe but it keeps the magic alive. :smickey:

8. morgansmom2000

morgansmom2000 DIS Veteran

These are really cool! I may have to adapt this for my girl scout troop...Wonder if I can find trefoil rings...Thanks for the directions!

9. kdeans1010

kdeans1010 DIS Veteran

Y'all are so creative. I wasn't thinking of doing anything then I looked at this thread. Would it be dumb if I made deck of card sized first aide kits? I'm graduating nursing school and figure that would be really practical (people on a ship with kids, clumsy people, drunk people, etc). Fit it with a couple Mickey bandaides, alcohol wipes, maybe some gauze? For scrapes really...

10. wltdsnyfan

wltdsnyfan <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Nothing wrong with that idea. That would be nice to have.

11. morgansmom2000

morgansmom2000 DIS Veteran

I think it's a perfect idea! Target has Mickey and Muppet band-aids right now!

12. taximom00

taximom00 Mouseketeer

I think that's a great idea.

13. PrinceandPrincess

PrinceandPrincess Show Me the Castle!

I did something like this for our first FE, I bought the 1.00 first aid kits that are in the travel size section of the pharmacy, and then I added pooh stickers and with a sharpie wrote Oh bother. People seemed to really like them, they had commented on our meet thread after we got back. You could get favor boxes at the craft store and dress them up with disney stickers, or quotes. Watch for 1/2 off coupons for your local stores, (I have a Michael's and AC Moore) and get a disney scrap book kit, you could use the paper stickers etc to make the little boxes personal. Its really easy even for those who are craft challenged like me! Good luck!

Kim

14. LemonPie

LemonPie Mouseketeer

I think it is a great idea. I plan on doing something similar, an Alaskan shore excursion emergency kit with disney klenex, hand warmers, bug repelent wipes and maybe Life Saver candies or something. Still working on the details. And congratulations on nursing school. It is a challenge, having done it myself (16 years ago). Can't imagine it has gotten any easier. :thumbsup2

15. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

We still have yours! We had to refill them after some time, but they come in really handy! :thumbsup2

16. PrinceandPrincess

PrinceandPrincess Show Me the Castle!

Hi Karen!

To funny, I just thought of you today! I used a tissue from my mickey holder! My mom has actually made a few so far, she used them as gifts for Easter baskets!

Kim

17. gerberdaisy1234

gerberdaisy1234 DIS Veteran

Do you remember which video was best and would you mind posting a link? Thanks

18. DisneyMouseHouse

DisneyMouseHouse <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Yes, that is the EXACT spirit of FE - Rule #1 - HAVE FUN!

Glad to see someone else thinks so............:cool1::cool1:

19. DisneyMouseHouse

DisneyMouseHouse <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ DIS Lifetime Sponsor

That would be a very useful and thoughtful FE - I am sure plenty of us would appreciate it very much (I know I would!)

May I also say congrats on Nursing School - that's quite an accomplishment!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

20. pequele

pequele Some people think they are cool because they can h

I requested an add! I'm going on my 1st DCL in May 2013 and would LOVE to do FE but had no idea about this door thing to hang! I even started my cruise thread last night. May 9, 2013 Dream 3 night Bahamian!

21. kdeans1010

kdeans1010 DIS Veteran

Okay so I am glad I am not crazy. I just was thinking everyone had these ideas and when it comes to gift giving I am practical to a fault. And I have those Johnson and Johnson $0.99 first aide kits EVERYWHERE (I keep one in my car, one in my decon/emergency team bag, when I went on field trips teaching I carried one) because they're perfect sized and the case is hard and you can smack it around your purse and it survives.

I was going to get those kits, add those black and white Mickey bandaides (those are so fun. I get them for myself and I feel like they're classic, but silly. And if I keep them in my house they're not boring, but not gender specific.), a couple sample packets of Aleve, and then something else. Then pre-cruise ship them in a box to my room.

Glad I am not crazy.