1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by KarlaG4Kids, Apr 8, 2012.

1. HermanTriplets+1

HermanTriplets+1 DIS Veteran

Guess what?! I was in our Ikea today and they have a FE!! It's three pockets, absolutely the right size and dimensions, and the pockets would be easy to embellish to Disney-ize them!!! It's called PYSSLINGAR.

[​IMG]

Isn't that great:yay:?!
    It was also pretty reasonable - about $10.
    Just had to share:goodvibes!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. morgansmom2000

morgansmom2000 DIS Veteran

That's so cute!

4. waynesherie

waynesherie Earning My Ears

Love all the ideas and photos! Getting lots of ideas for our upcoming cruise!

5. LoriV

LoriV Earning My Ears

I'm thinking of using buttons that are in the shape of letters. I haven't decided whether I want to spend the extra money, though. I may just leave it "name-less."

6. 3princessMommy

3princessMommy DIS Veteran

You can use puffy fabric paint. We have that on ours.

7. allformyboys

allformyboys Earning My Ears

At Michaels, in the iron on area, they have a embroidered lettering that you iron-on.

8. love280mickey

love280mickey Mouseketeer

I am getting ready to make my FE which will be Disney themed, and my main cabin gift is also hand made and Disney theme. I will post those pictures in April when I return. For the kids I'll do movie candy and some Disney activity books for the little boys and girls.

However, a lot of people say they bring a little something from their hometown, so today I went to our Visitor's center, and came back with a stash. I live in Mooresville, NC, otherwise known as "Race City USA" due to its very strong connection to the Nascar Race shops in the area. I explained about our cruise meet and my FE group and asked the lady at the desk for a few "free" postcards, thinking that would be nice. She gave me PACKS of Nascar postcards, a Nascar race shop tour brochure and pens and post it notepads with our town nickname on them. I plan on including these with my hand made gifts. Of course, if you're not interested in Nascar, they won't be interested in the postcards or tour brochures, and I expect those might get pitched. But everyone needs a pen and a post it notepad, right?

FREE!

9. violetmonarch

violetmonarch Mouseketeer

Can't wait to see your FE! Love the idea you had, too!

10. mmsmom

mmsmom Mouseketeer

Just looked it up online, and though it's only available for purchase in stores, it is only $4.99!!! Very nautical looking too!

11. Princess Bette

Princess Bette DIS Veteran

Huge NASCAR fan here! Wish I was on your cruise! That's awesome! I would so love to get those items! :love:

12. Luv2Diz

Luv2Diz We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

I used this for our FE on our cruise last month. I personalized it with Disney appliqu├ęs on the pockets and sewed on Disney ribbon long enough to hang it from the fish. It worked great!

13. faith&ali'smom

faith&ali'smom Earning My Ears

I love these gifts.You did a great job!

14. skaters69

skaters69 Earning My Ears

I love the Alaska Cruise sign can you tell me how I can get one? My trip is in August .. thanks :)

15. hazelandannie

hazelandannie Magic here we come

I have just had a wonderful glue reading through all these threads.
    I love making fe gift love,love,love it.
    Can't show what I'm making at the moment invaded any fellow travelers are on here.
    Anyways thought I would let you know I've got some cruise ribbon if anyone is interested.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/DCL-Ribbon/181653268632965?ref=hl

16. violetmonarch

Yay! Ribbon!:cool1:

17. Minnie321

Minnie321 DIS Veteran

We cruise two weeks before you and we had closed our FE group on Christmas day - then reopened it when we realized alot of people found out about their cruise for Christmas - then closed it again on January 4th - then all of a sudden there were like 10 more families that wanted to join. What they did is they started a second FE group - so maybe there are some other late comers that would start a group with you. And no I don't think it is stupid to do stuff for your family. I have FE gifts for my own kids that they don't know about. They have seen all of the stuff for all the cabins, but they don't know about the extra stuff I made for them.

18. Minnie321

Minnie321 DIS Veteran

I hope no one from my cruise is reading because I made coasters. What I did is I made one coaster for each family member - it has the ship, the dates, and their first name. Each family had four to five people so some are getting four and some five. We had one mom and daughter and I did make her two extra with no names, but I really did that because she is traveling with inlaws so I thought she might like to share them with them or keep them for herself.

19. hazelandannie

hazelandannie Magic here we come

Oh goodness I'm panicking now as was only doing one coaster per family.

20. violetmonarch

Has anyone joined the FE only to have a second one open later, and then switch from the first to the second? Just curious:confused3

21. goeva

goeva DIS Veteran

Thanks for the link. Love those ribbons. :goodvibes:

Awesome! I want want to be on your cruise.