Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

Mom24Princesses said:
I made small magnets to remember each day of our last cruise. I left one per cabin along with other stuff. I enjoyed them myself as I had a set. I noticed some people put them on their cabin door.

I looked for the finished examples on photobucket but they are not there. I put the date and theme or port. A Pirate Night one for that night. I did find 2 of the pix I used for the two days at sea. I had the date on them and "Disney Magic". I like to hope some kept theirs. They were small - 8 mini magnets to a 8 x 11 sheet.

I'd make something for a future cruise. I am sure Pintrest has some ideas.

Cool idea!

Thanks to the Diser who originally posted this idea - they were SOOOOO easy to make and provided a great use for all of those lanyards that we've collected over the years! I'm so happy to recycle them as I had no idea what I was going to do with them otherwise.

DCLKeychainwristletsforweb640x478.jpg

Each lanyard makes 4, 6" wristlets if you cut it correctly. I used a seam ripper to salvage an extra inch or two at the ends. (I cut my strips 12" long.) Stick webbing on the back with double-sided, no-sew, no-iron fabric tape. Then fold in half and clip together with the key fob hardware!

20 of 'em done in an hour!!!! Will be using this idea in all of my FE gifts in the future!

Thanks again!:worship:

3princessMommy said:
Thanks to the Diser who originally posted this idea - they were SOOOOO easy to make and provided a great use for all of those lanyards that we've collected over the years! I'm so happy to recycle them as I had no idea what I was going to do with them otherwise.

Each lanyard makes 4, 6" wristlets if you cut it correctly. I used a seam ripper to salvage an extra inch or two at the ends. (I cut my strips 12" long.) Stick webbing on the back with double-sided, no-sew, no-iron fabric tape. Then fold in half and clip together with the key fob hardware!

20 of 'em done in an hour!!!! Will be using this idea in all of my FE gifts in the future!

You are welcome. I am so glad more people are making these. One of my goals in life is for people to REUSE items. We throw away way too much! Just a note the original black and red lanyards that don't have club level are shorter than the newer ones. The max you can get from those is three. But the are awesome because they will work for any level:)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DCLKeychainwristletsforweb640x478.jpg

Those look awesome! What a great way to reuse them. I don't have any CC lanyards but I might keep my eye out for just regular Disney themed ones and give it a try.

You are welcome. I am so glad more people are making these. One of my goals in life is for people to REUSE items. We throw away way too much! Just a note the original black and red lanyards that don't have club level are shorter than the newer ones. The max you can get from those is three. But the are awesome because they will work for any level:)

:thumbsup2 (Haven't used those yet. :goodvibes)

......Stick webbing on the back with double-sided, no-sew, no-iron fabric tape. Then fold in half and clip together with the key fob hardware!....

Where do you get that webbing and double-sided, no sew, no iron fabric tape? I am a complete idiot when it comes to crafting! :rotfl:

violetmonarch said:
Where do you get that webbing and double-sided, no sew, no iron fabric tape? I am a complete idiot when it comes to crafting! :rotfl:

I would try Joann's, if you have one locally.

I got both the webbing and the key fob hardware from Amazon.com. I get free shipping there, so the price beats eBay. But you can get them on Etsy.com or on eBay.com too.

The seam tape (fabric tape) is available from Joann's or Michael's. One role at Michael's is enough for 20 wristlets and costs $3.99 regular price - so with the 50% coupon, it's pretty good. You can also use the iron-on kind, which may be cheaper, but this was super easy.

Webbing (http://www.amazon.com/Inch-Yards-Bla...s=poly+webbing).

Key fob hardware (http://www.amazon.com/100-1-Chain-Wr...y+fob+hardware).

Hi,
I couldn't get the Amazon links to work. May I have the details to search on Amazon? For example, what is the size of the key fobs: 1 inch, 1 1/2 inch? What is the vendor?
Many thanks

DisneyDream2B said:
Hi,
I couldn't get the Amazon links to work. May I have the details to search on Amazon? For example, what is the size of the key fobs: 1 inch, 1 1/2 inch? What is the vendor?
Many thanks

You need 1 inch key fob hardware. I did a search and for a lot of 50 amazon is about $4 less than eBay if you get free shipping with amazon. eBay price includes shipping. I am not sure if amazon has smaller lots but eBay does and the person I ordered from does free shipping. I will probably go with amazon next time around:) thanks for sharing that tip princessMommy

Hi,
Many thanks

Sorry about that! :confused3

Just search key fob hardware and Polypro webbing on Amazon. It's in the arts and craft section.

I made these coasters out of ceramic tiles, mode podge, shellac coating and disney scrapbook paper for our upcoming cruise.<a
IMG_4393_zps29e8bdcf.jpg

jbugeye22 said:
I made these coasters out of ceramic tiles, mode podge, shellac coating and disney scrapbook paper for our upcoming cruise.<a

I love these! Great job

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter