Holy Cow NYS Senate has approved Same Sex Marriage in NY

My partner and I are extremely happy. We set our date for next year. NJ residents can get married in NY State AND NJ recognizes same-sex marriages. After 8 years together, we can finally make it legal. :)

My partner and I are extremely happy. We set our date for next year. NJ residents can get married in NY State AND NJ recognizes same-sex marriages. After 8 years together, we can finally make it legal. :)
:banana::banana::banana:

Congratulations, that's wonderful!

After 16 years together, we just went to town hall and got the marriage license.

It is very exciting indeed! :banana:

After 16 years together, we just went to town hall and got the marriage license.

It is very exciting indeed! :banana:

Hooray!!! So happy for you....speaking on the "other side" of the marriage issue now (as someone who is actually MARRIED (still can barely get used to that!) and not just hoping or planning to be still)----it's so amazing and we're so thrilled for you and every couple who decides to take the plunge. I'll admit that as a queer activist for a long time I have had moments where I was kind of skeptical that our community "needed" marriage....but it's really an incredible thing!:lovestruc:lovestruc

And for for JoeyAnyc----I'm so happy that NY will grant you a license and NJ will recognize it.....now we just have to get rid of your governor so that hopefully soon in your state couples won't have to cross state lines to get the recognition, rights and equality they so richly deserve!!

And for for JoeyAnyc----I'm so happy that NY will grant you a license and NJ will recognize it.....now we just have to get rid of your governor so that hopefully soon in your state couples won't have to cross state lines to get the recognition, rights and equality they so richly deserve!!

Thank you :)
One day...

I got engaged last weekend! We are about to celebrate our 12 year anniversary so it was a long time coming. I have never been so nervous around my partner than when I proposed. haha! I took him to dinner than walked down to Washington Square Park in the village. We met at NYU, so I thought it would be appropriate to propose under the arch.

Being a gay couple, I didn't really have a tradition to follow, but I did continue a tradition from my parents. My mom and dad married at age 18. They were young and didn't have much money at that time. Mom was pregnant too. My dad proposed to my mom with a plastic ring from one of those toy machines. So, I went and bought a plastic ring, put it in a ring box and proposed with that. I told him about how my dad had proposed, and that I wanted to keep the tradition alive.

We celebrated my parent's 40th anniversary in Disney last year with my sister and her family. I figured if they could last 40 years strong, plastic might be the way to go. haha!

He cried. I almost fainted. And the family was so thrilled. My nieces want a big wedding so they can be in it (the little one said she wanted to get married in NY so she could marry a woman and have more babies! haha My sister is about to have "the talk" to explain that might be tricker than she thinks). I was planning on a trip to the courthouse. Who knows what we will end up doing. I feel grateful to have a big family down in Kentucky (Catholic even) who want to be part of the special day, so I think we may go a bit bigger than I planned. I guess I better start saving some money!

So congrats to all who are taking the step. For those who can't marry legally, I will keep on fighting the good fight until we are all treated equally.

I got engaged last weekend! We are about to celebrate our 12 year anniversary so it was a long time coming. I have never been so nervous around my partner than when I proposed. haha! I took him to dinner than walked down to Washington Square Park in the village. We met at NYU, so I thought it would be appropriate to propose under the arch.

Being a gay couple, I didn't really have a tradition to follow, but I did continue a tradition from my parents. My mom and dad married at age 18. They were young and didn't have much money at that time. Mom was pregnant too. My dad proposed to my mom with a plastic ring from one of those toy machines. So, I went and bought a plastic ring, put it in a ring box and proposed with that. I told him about how my dad had proposed, and that I wanted to keep the tradition alive.

We celebrated my parent's 40th anniversary in Disney last year with my sister and her family. I figured if they could last 40 years strong, plastic might be the way to go. haha!

He cried. I almost fainted. And the family was so thrilled. My nieces want a big wedding so they can be in it (the little one said she wanted to get married in NY so she could marry a woman and have more babies! haha My sister is about to have "the talk" to explain that might be tricker than she thinks). I was planning on a trip to the courthouse. Who knows what we will end up doing. I feel grateful to have a big family down in Kentucky (Catholic even) who want to be part of the special day, so I think we may go a bit bigger than I planned. I guess I better start saving some money!

So congrats to all who are taking the step. For those who can't marry legally, I will keep on fighting the good fight until we are all treated equally.

Best wishes for a joy-filled wedding day and a long and successful marriage.:flower3:

Congratulations!!!!

And what a wonderful tradition and what an awesome family you have.

Keep us posted on what you end up doing.

Congrats!!!

We are getting married this Saturday.. my mother is a mess she's so thrilled... for us, it's really a formality, (10 years together) but we are still excited! We got our license Friday, called the officiate that the clerk suggested and poof, he put us on for Saturday... it's a whirlwind I tell you!

Congrats!!!

We are getting married this Saturday.. my mother is a mess she's so thrilled... for us, it's really a formality, (10 years together) but we are still excited! We got our license Friday, called the officiate that the clerk suggested and poof, he put us on for Saturday... it's a whirlwind I tell you!

Wishing you both all the best. That's adorable about your mom.

Congrats!!!

Best Wishes! Not sure where upstate you are, but it is supposed to be beautiful Saturday here in the Hudson Valley! I hope you have a wonderful day and marriage!:goodvibes

Best Wishes! Not sure where upstate you are, but it is supposed to be beautiful Saturday here in the Hudson Valley! I hope you have a wonderful day and marriage!:goodvibes

We are in Albany so we expect fantastic weather! Very excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter