Hollywood Studios - Love it or Leave it?

I'm really torn on HS. Some of the attractions are awesome, but for some reason, I tend to struggle with the flow of the park. I've also had really bad luck when there with RnR. Several times it's been stopped due to maintenance issues and I've had a delay when I was on it also. Now that I've seen the current show, not sure I'm dying to go back to them. I do enjoy Fantasmic but the crowds for that are tough. If during Holiday season, the Osborne lights are very cool. The most fun I had at HS was during a Star Wars Weekend. I wouldn't skip the park but may not spend a ton of time there on every trip.

I think I'm an official Disney weirdo, because DHS is my favorite Disney park (MK is my least favorite, believe it or not...) Granted, it was my first Disney park ever back when it was Disney/MGM. I fondly remember my first night, a corporate event, where myself and some friends met a surly mime - only time I've ever heard the f-bomb dropped by a CM...oddly enough, that ADDED to the magic (you just had to be there.)

So while I enjoy Star Tours, TSM, RnRC, etc. the rides aren't the main draw. To me, DHS is absolutely the best themed park in Disney (with AK being a VERY close second.) When I walk in, I feel like I'm walking into my imagination's version of old Hollywood. The street performers are just awesome, and I can spend hours just walking around the city street sets in the back corner of the park.

I could do a whole trip alternating between DHS and AK, but my family would kill me :)

HS is our least favorite park. In fact, it's the only park our kids have ever said they're not interested in going back to.

They didn't like ToT. None of us thought TSMM was anything special. The Muppet show was really good, but the 3D effects didn't work for me (and my youngest daughter has no vision in one eye, so NO 3D effects work for her). Not nearly as good as Philharmagic, though. Great Movie Ride was OK.

Shopping is great, though . . . actually, that's the impression I came out with; it's a shopping center with a few rides scattered around it. :rotfl:

As our kids have aged, now 7 and 9, DHS has evolved into their favorite due to RnR, ToT and TSM. We all really enjoy the street performers too. The good news is, it can still be a half day experience if you get there for rope drop. During low season, we can do RnR 3x, ToT 2x and TSM 2x and exit the park by 2:00. TSM logistics can be a bit stressful as it is in so much demand and the fastpass situation is tough. So, for someone not interested in the thrill rides, you can still enjoy the shopping, a meal and street performers while the thrill seekers ride the rides. I think the mood of the park is nice and relaxed, so a bench in the sun is a nice option as well.

I like TOT, TSM and GMR. I have tried all of the ts restaurants and on our next trip we are leaving for lunch to go to the Boardwalk.

The street performers are essential to this park. Our family still talks about some of the performers we have met.

Once we were waiting for our table outside of Sci-Fi and a man dressed as a CM carrying a broom and a bucket started to draw Mickey on the pavement with water. It was a joy to see!

I say you should go just for a few hrs, you can go in the morning and hang out at the pool after lunch, thats what we normally do on HS days.. Im not real crazy about HS but we go atleast once each trip for Star Wars, TOT, RRRC, Muppets, TSM and a few others I am forgetting at the moment. Plus we like to eat at MM

We love Hollywood Studios!!! Maybe you could make it a half day park and then go back to the resort or do a little shopping.

I couldn't imagine skipping DHS. We love ToT, RnRC, TSM, Beauty & the Beaste, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Indiana Jones, Muppets, American Idol, Back Tour, Star Tours, The GM Ride, Fantasmic.......need I say more. My DS's want to go 2 or 3 times. We usually visit each park twice but my DS's want DHS more than they want to visit Epcot again.

dhs is my absolute favorite park i have 2 days (maybe more) planned this year when i go tower of terror is not only my fav disney ride but my fav ride ever!!!!! epcot on the other hand i could skip if it weren't for soarin i probably wouldn't go at all animal kingdom isn't a fav either half day at most

love love love-DHS---TGMR is one of my fav's---if you have gotten to see the Osborne Family Lights at Christmas...Oh my Goodness, breathtaking-I love everything about this park...

I love HS...it's my favorite after the Magic Kingdom! I love the shows, TSM, Fantasmic and Tower of Terror is my favorite ride out of all the parks. I also love the fact that I can take it at slower pace because it's a smaller park.

This... exactly! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter