Hollywood Studios - Love it or Leave it?

Add us to list that really like DHS. TSM, ToT, RnR are all musts. The Great Movie Ride is a nice way to take a break on a hot day. Our family also loves the atmosphere at 50's Prime Time and Si Fi, so we have to eat at those during a stay.

We typically get in early to get a couple of turns on TSM and a lot of time can leave after lunch to go back to the resort or another park.

My absolute favorite. Just love the feel of the whole place. Once many years ago we had a very late ADR and were the last family leaving the park. it felt like having old Hollywood all to ourselves. surreal.

My absolute favorite. Just love the feel of the whole place. Once many years ago we had a very late ADR and were the last family leaving the park. it felt like having old Hollywood all to ourselves. surreal.

I agree, being one of the last ones there is awesome! Here's a picture we took last November when we were one of the last.

P1030374.jpg

Congrats on your 800th post!!!

We LOVE it!!! Our 3 boys are aged pre-school to pre-teen. As you can see, they love Pixar. For all the reasons previous posters mentioned, it's now our favorite park!

Thanks! :) I'd also like to add another reason why i love DHS, is seeing Mulch, Sweat and Sheers... they are so awesome! I accidentally stumbled on to them in May, and i ended up seeing them twice. Also the Ameican Idol, the last show is so good!

I didn't like HS at first but after the last few visits I do like the park. I like watching the street performers, riding RNR and TSMM. Grant it they could use a few more interesting rides but I feel that way about Animal Kingdom as well.

My favorite thing to do is sit outside Pizza Planet and people watch. It's like your sitting in a small city with all the buildings surrounding you.

Add us to the list of "love" it. And we really LOVE it.

The street performers are excellent. My eight year old stepson and I were coming out of one of the stores and caught a full act from them. They had pretty much everyone in the audience rolling from start to finish and all of them stayed around after it was over going around the crowd having fun with people.

Tower of Terror is my favorite attraction in all of WDW. Best themed ride, best thrills, lots of awesome cast members, just great everything. And it is right next to another awesome ride, RnR. Can't go wrong on that end of the park.

In fact we started our trip with DHS a little over two weeks ago. Got to the park around three and decided to take things nice and slow. We watched some of the parade, got fastpasses for ToT and went through the One Man's Dream show. Made it out just in time for our Fantasmic dinner at Brown Derby. Had a great (but not worth 2 TS credits) meal, with good service and got out before five. My wife and youngest stepson went back to resort to pull a loose tooth that was causing him problems while the older stepson and I used our ToT fastpasses, got more fastpasses for RnR and ToT and strolled down the blvd watching the street performers. We met back up with the other two, and used our fastpasses for Tot and RnR while they did some shopping and ate ice cream. After that we sat near the fantasmic entrance and took some pictures and enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere. The boys loved fantasmic, the eight year old met a girl with the same birthday as him. After the show we rode ToT one more time and took a slow walk out of the park. And the park looks awesome at night time.

It was a great, no hurry, no worry start to our vacation. The weather was perfect, there was a nice breeze, everything just felt right. Great memories for all of us.

We can never miss HS!!! I mean ToT & RnRC!!! I love Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast! Havent seen Indiana Jones in about 10 years so it's on my list... Not to mention FANTASMIC!!!! Yesss I've never seen it but we planned a day at HS around seeing it!!! That night we'll also be trying SciFi for the 1st... So Yess goin to HS is a must... You'll love it!!!

50's Prime Time Diner is my favorite restaurant, so I always have to make a trip. The park is growing much like AK. Big ticket attractions take time to accumulate. It took the MK 39 years to accumulate the amount of rides it has. I think Disney has done a good job of opening attractions where it needs them. When it Star Tours 3d opens, it should be worth the trip alone.

We truly love DHS. RNR is my favorite ride at DW and there is so much to see and do here IMO. From the shows, rides, and food. It's a great place to visit and it really makes you feel like you are in the movies.

Well, I guess I'm one of the few that doesn't care for DHS. The only reason we are going to the park this May is because of TSM. If it wasn't for that ride we would skip the whole park. My DH does like ToT and RnRC. I'd much rather be at any of the other parks or at the resort pool.

I have to admit.....it's my least favorite of the 4. We love TSM, B&B show, Playhouse Disney show, ToT and RnRC (for DH), but then we are really kind of done. I can do a half day here and be pretty satisfied (unless it's Christmas, then we do an Osborne night or two, we all LOVE that). Might be because DD's are young and just so princessy, things like Indiana Jones, Star Tours, and Lights/Motor are just lost on our family. We might grow into it more as they grow up.

For now, we spend a TON of time at MK. And I'm not complaining!! ;)

I love HS...it's my favorite after the Magic Kingdom! I love the shows, TSM, Fantasmic and Tower of Terror is my favorite ride out of all the parks. I also love the fact that I can take it at slower pace because it's a smaller park.

I guess I am in the minority as far as least favorites go. I like the food options there but there's really not a lot that I can do at the park. I've seen the shows and the tram tour but I cannot go on most of the rides. So when we go in two weeks we're skipping it this time around.

I thought I loved DHS, but with the 4 day military tickets we had to decide to split a day between two parks, or just skip one all together. When I started to think about it I realized that the only things I really cared about at DHS were Fantasmic, and TSM, and neither of those were important enough to us to be worth shelling out for hoppers.
If I had more days in the park we would go and have a blast, but of all the parks it's the one I care the least about.

Hi! I am curious to know who out there can talk me into going to HS again? My daughter (12 y.o.) loves the thrill rides so obviously she is dying to go on RRC and ToT. My youngest (9 y.o.) daughter is more like me. We like more of the low-key stuff (Magic of Disney Animation & One Man's Dream). Kinda bored with The Movie Ride and all the action shows do nothing for me. Honestly, I would rather be back at the resort pool. Thank goodness hubby just rolls with the punches and says "I'll go wherever you want to go". Am I missing something @ HS?!?! I just don't seem to get the appeal of this park. Would much rather be at Epcot or MK but want to also make my older daughter happy. WWYD?

TIA :goodvibes

I'd say, let your husband and DD12 go to DHS together, while you and DD9 stay at the resort pool or go to Epcot or MK.

I like a couple of things. Tower of Terror, though it usually makes me nauseaus. TSM is cool, and I like One Man's Dream. Other than that, it's the one park I don't spend much time in.

DHS is one of my favorite parks. While I think a few rides could use to be refurbed, it's still one of my favorite places. I especially love RnRC, ToT, TSM, Muppets, and Star Tours.

But, like someone else said, you could always try splitting up that day.

DHS is this for me....
One day of my trip I get there at rope drop - FP and ride TSM, head over to single rider line for RnRC, do TOT, back to TSM - head to a different park.
On another day of my trip, I will start the day in whatever other park makes sense, then head to DHS for Fantasmic...there's really not much else there I'm excited about, although I have done Great Movie Ride several times, hating it each time because of the awful female gangster...I never even knew there was an entirely different script that is part of the wild west gene..so I will have to make time to check that out!
I'll also have to get there for Osborne lights this year...never been there during Nov before!

I do not think we have ever stayed there for more then half a day. This last trip we had a 2pm ADR for lunch and were looking for things to do. We love TSM and Muppets. Only DH goes on TOT and RnRC so the kids and I have to wait for him. We love Star Tours but that will be out on our next trip and if they make the new one too intense, most likely they will, it will be one more thing the kids and I have to wait for DH for :sad1: Our plan next time is for us as a family to go to the rides we all like and then the kids and I will head back to the pool. DH can stay and ride TOT & RnRC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter