Hollywood Studios 25th Anniversary

Nals

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I'll be in Disney World during this time but not on my scheduled HS day. Would you change stuff around to attend? Are there any posts about what special things will be going on this day? Thanks!:flower3:

Hello!

I'll be in Disney World during this time but not on my scheduled HS day. Would you change stuff around to attend? Are there any posts about what special things will be going on this day? Thanks!:flower3:

I would expect very little (if anything), and would probably not rearrange to attend unless it didn't cost you anything.

The park hours are being extended to 11pm that night and there is supposed to be a fireworks display that evening at 9:30. We will be there that week and I am staying as far away as possible!

Wow I feel old! I remember the opening. Mk opened before my time and Epcot I was too little to remember, but I remember this. :rolleyes:

We've decided to go, the week is supposed to be fairly quiet so 1 day of crowds shouldn't be too bad. I'm interested to see what they will do if anything :)

Media days are going on at that time. It would be great if they used the 25th Anniversary of Disney's Hollywood Studios to officially announce Star Wars Land and Cars/Pixar Land are going to be built to revitalize the park.

I had no idea I was older than HS, and that when I went as a kid it was as new as when I went to Animal Kingdom in high school. I remember it feeling surreal to experience a brand new Disney park. Had no idea I had done the same thing already. Do you think we will ever see a 5th park? This is the longest WDW has ever gone without a new park by 5 years.

Do you think we will ever see a 5th park? This is the longest WDW has ever gone without a new park by 5 years.

I don't see it happening anytime soon. A 5th park would likely be seen as too risky of an investment at this point since they'd be worried about it just cannibalizing visits from the other 4 parks instead of providing incremental revenue.

If they ever do decide to open a 5th park, I certainly hope they go all-in and build it right to begin with. The Animal Kingdom was about a woefully lacking park when it opened with so little to do people actually typically waited an hour or more for a boat ride on a canal with little to see just because there were so few other rides.

There are fireworks that night at 9:30, plus F! at 8:30 and 10. Any idea where the best viewing area for the fireworks will be? Better to go to the early F! and try to get to the fireworks or see the fireworks, then go to the later (less busy) F!?

When I go on the offiical Disney website, they do not have extended hours listed that day for HS. Are we certain the fireworks and extended hours are happening?

I was there for Epcot's 30th in 2012 and they had a special merchandise release, special park maps and they had a neat presentation on Epcot done in the big conference center (between Canada and England). I think they gave everyone a special button when they came into the park. Marty Sklar did the presentation and it was very interesting. I believe it was offered twice that day. It was all free. Then that night they did a special 30th anniversary add on to the end of Illuminations. It was impressive. I am so glad we switched things up to be in Epcot that day. It didn't really seem to affect the crowds much. I don't remember them announcing any of it much more than a week or so in advance, but I could be wrong.

Fireworks at 9:30. I'm sure there will be something that morning too. We will be there that day.

We were also there on DHS' 20th anniversary. They did a special dedication at rope drop that morning. There was also a few events that day. I remember sitting at a discussion about the park with various Imagineers. There were hints the hat might go, but that was now FIVE years ago. hehehe. They also had special limited edition 20th anniversary pins for sale too. The crowds didn't seem any 'worse' that day. I did notice more locals and Disney bloggers/podcasters/ and fellow Disney 'geeks' like me (said in the most respectful way possible!)

So, I would expect them to do something again in the morning and, of course, there's the fireworks that night.

I was there for Epcot's 30th in 2012 and they had a special merchandise release, special park maps and they had a neat presentation on Epcot done in the big conference center (between Canada and England). I think they gave everyone a special button when they came into the park. Marty Sklar did the presentation and it was very interesting. I believe it was offered twice that day. It was all free. Then that night they did a special 30th anniversary add on to the end of Illuminations. It was impressive. I am so glad we switched things up to be in Epcot that day. It didn't really seem to affect the crowds much. I don't remember them announcing any of it much more than a week or so in advance, but I could be wrong.

That does sound really cool, unfortunately we won't be there until the 23rd of May. I am hoping that 25th Anniversary pins will still be sold when we get there. DH and I love to collect pins from special events and such and that would go really nice with our collection :goodvibes.

We were there for that! It was pretty interesting, but I had no idea it was going on till we were actually there. The only crowds I noticed was in the shops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter