Hollywood and Vine-------YUK!

....DD and I have the Fantasmic package @ the HV...and we're looking forward to it..:goodvibes ..there's only been one restaurant @ Disney that I didn't care for...and it was because of my personal taste...and that was the restaurant @ Marrakesh...just don't care for cousous....lol. I will have a wonderful time no matter where I am..:thumbsup2 ..no matter if the food is good or bad...whether the service is excellent or so-so....that's what I decide....now!!!!!:lmao: Can't wait...!!!!!

I agree. I went in May this year and there was really nothing good, maybe the dessert ice cream, that is about it. I felt hungry still when I left. Not a very good selection at all!! The waitress took a long time to refill our drinks too.

good pot roast, garlic mashed potatoes, green beans, peel & eat shrimp, cold fruit. What more do you need? Not gourmet but certainly decent for a buffet. Underimpressed with the menu at MM so we're doing H & V again this year.

What a pity that you didn't enjoy your meal. H & V used to be a tradition for us. Last time we ate there, the food was not as good as during previous visits. Don't think we will eat there again unless it improves.

We walked in, took a look at the buffet, and hightailed it out of there. The buffet DID look like it would be a prison buffet! :) Good call! Looked dirty, too.

We ate dinner here on 6/4 for the FDP. 4 adults and 4 kids (ages 15, 12, 11 and 8). We had a 330 ADR so the food was very fresh and everyone enjoyed it. Our server was excellent, think his name was Bill? older gentleman w/ an English accent. The kids found plenty to eat and the adults enjoyed everything. Highlights were the corn spoonbread(think that is what its called) and the apple cobbler but we also enjoyed the garlic mashed potatoes, mussels and a great pasta w/ crab meat and broccoli in a cream sauce. My 12 year old who has expensive tastes(been eating from an adult menu since he was 6 because "kids meals are boring") really enjoyed the salmon.

Seems H&V and the Cape May clambake are real lightning rods for opinions. Lots of stuff pro and con. Our family's eaten at H&V twice and really liked it both times. YMMV.

Wow, we go there every year, and we always have good service and food. Yes it is loud, but heck, with my kids it's perfect. Kids love the kids buffet and the dessert. DD loves the shrimp, and I love the kids bbq meatballs. We have never left that restaurant hungry. But everyone is different. We also live Mama Melrose, and lots don't.

You have to try it for yourself to find out.

We ate there on 5/31 with a group of 13. It was great. Everyone was able to find something they liked. We did have to eat at 3:30 for our Fantasmic Package. But with 13 people it is easier if you eat when they are less crowded.

Sorry you had such a bad experience. Except for the desserts, I thought it was on par with Chef Mickey's.
:thumbsup2 i term it a 'poor man's CM;)

We look forward to it each trip, Fantasmic Pkg or not.

Always sad to hear when someone hates a favorite restaurant. (Know i was shocked how bad MM was last Oct.; despite other's high praises.) Suppose anywhere can have an off night or different regional tastes effect opins?:confused3

Perhaps if enough folks decide to dine elsewhere it will become easier to get a ressie here again.:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter